LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
70%
  [ 14 ]  70%

30%
  [ 6 ]  30%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 20
Anautikus
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:56 pm
ah you’re right joseph_c_chua. will make that change Thumbs Up
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:12 pm
I would add prices for the decks, as well as what formats they are built for, and how many cards are in each. Also, what Shadow side do you plan to pair these decks with?

There were also a few spelling errors: deperate, Gordor, possiblity, etc.

Plus, the base for the article seems weak IMO. The decks are built using cards that are beyond broken (Prized Lagan, The Faithful Stone, etc.)

I will wait to vote, but right now I would give it a 3 or 4.
I had to put something here.
Anautikus
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:27 pm
Now that i have time (weekend!) I will add all those things.

Actually AP, the decks are built around Aragorn. There is only one the faithful stone in any of the decks (I didn’t make them 4 the faithful stone "no minion will fight" decks), and prized lagan can only be used twice in any of the decks, so i would not deem those two broken. (Also, like i said, the faithful stone can be used as written or ratified Wink It doesn’t really matter; they’re just extra cards to help the decks out.) The main purpose of this article was really to illustrate the versatility of Aragorn in numerous decks; i believe 5 decks count as numerous Wink Don’t know if i can sway you or not, but that’s my defense for this, and hopefully you will understand Very Happy

Edit: Errors fixed. Thumbs Up Sorry about my sub-par typing; it’s what happens when I’m rushed.
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

Captain of Men
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:59 pm
Wow nice article. Aragorn just got a whole lot cooler Cool I can’t wait for Age’s End to come out; I’ll buy 4 sets and make all these decks! Razz Also, great overall idea; very solid
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:29 pm
Any Expanded deck using this Aragorn should use Swordarm of the White Tower for its strength pump(s). A free +4 to strength is nothing to sneeze at.
All cards do what they say.
Anautikus
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:10 pm
i tried to put in sum pumps for him, but i have no idea what to take out; dunno whether to ditch some of the possessions/conditions or not..
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

theoden,horsemaster
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:04 pm
i liked it very much. A complete article

i give a 5
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:30 am
Definately drop something for swordarm otwt Bib’s right its too good. I agree with AP. Even though you are right, the decks centre round gorn rather than anything else, i agree with AP, i wouldnt abuse broken cards like prized lagan or faithful stone in your examples.

Despite that, which are relatively insignificant, its an excellent article and has done me a great favour as i want to make some of these decks but was too lazy to come up with the base ideas which you have done. I was disappointed however to not see a standard format deck though as thats what i aim to make mostly.

If you add a standard format in id give it a 5 no question.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
hannibal
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:40 am
I think that hunter keyward does not combine. So if you have four hunter2 cards, you have hunter 2 total...

Otherwice quite nice. Even better if they would be standard, but It can be done, when you don’t count pipeweed decks.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:44 am
hannibal wrote:
I think that hunter keyward does not combine. So if you have four hunter2 cards, you have hunter 2 total...

The Hunter keyWORD (not keyward thats a troll’s keeper) stacks. You dont have Hunter 8 exactly but effectively you have hunter 2 four times.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest