LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
70%
  [ 14 ]  70%

30%
  [ 6 ]  30%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 20
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:37 am
A good, solid article. 4 from me
Anautikus
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:32 pm
ah i see BearerOfQuality voted a 4, sadly... But AC, what would u like to see to make it a 5 from u? Very Happy
Last edited by Anautikus on Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in totalMy Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:51 pm
I’ve looked over it, and it looks really sweet!

It could use a bit more strategy notes on how to play each deck, not just how each card works in it; obviously, a two-companion deck will be really hard to use without getting swarmed, corrupted (with ARB’s) or knocked down with archery. Convince me that I should use this kind of deck over a 7-Companion Elvent deck, or a Durin Beast deck.

I’m hesistant to vote, because we are competing against each other in this month’s contest, it’d feel almost like cheating to give you less than a 5.

But as of right now, I’m on the line between a 4 or a 5. I’m not sure if I can manage to get a vote in before I leave on vacation, but see if you can’t add a bit of what I suggested.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Anautikus
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:56 pm
ah that’s simple. cuz otherwise Aragorn will get relly offended and kick your butt. Razz haha im jk. i will take your advice into account, as i think that is what AC was wanting from my article. thanks!

AC and elflvr, I’m in the process of writing out all the strategies. I cant believe i didn’t d'oh! So if you guys plan to vote, just wait till it’s up Thumbs Up

ps - elflvr, ur article rocked Very Happy i dunno if i review/voted yet, but i’ll probably give it a 5 hahah (if it isn’t flawed Wink )
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:01 pm
Well, I have to leave on a vacation tomorrow morning, and I wont’ have access to a computer. So, unless you can get the strategy stuff in there by tonight, I’ll just refrain from voting. But I’ll check it out later, just in case.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Anautikus
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:45 pm
well the strategies have been added after each decklist Very Happy

i’m not sure, but is that what u were looking for in my article EL? otherwise please let me know what it was that u wanted to see. thanks!
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:41 pm
It looks a bit better now.

One more thing I’d like to point out: only having two companions in a deck doesn’t make it a choke deck by default. If you have cards that add twilight, and no way to remove that twilight or decrease the shadow number of the next site, you will not choke. A choke deck is solo smeagol that can move on to give the opponent only 4 twilight. Even with a two companion deck, unless you control the site path, you can get 11 twilight easy in region three, enough for a decent Orc or Men deck with toil minions to throw out 4-5 minions. Then, even with a 17 strength Ring-bearer, you could be toast.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Anautikus
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:40 am
yea i know that...but it’s aimed at choking...not a maximum choke like, say, hobbits and smeagol or sumthing...but u get the idea right? there wouldn’t be too many points out...these aren’t hardcore chokes like solos and whatnot; decks like these are just really fun to play with and i love em IMO you’re right tho...i did overdo it with the "choking" thing, so i toned it down a bit. Very Happy
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

sperzdechly
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:52 am
Nice idea, nicely written article, but there is something missing...And your decks are to big, especially that most of cards are in 1 or 2 copies. Chockes has to set up fast. If they don’t, they will be killed at 4. I think that most of decks presentent by you have the problem with early set up.
uhhuh
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:38 am
I love the decks. definatly a good article, and i do plan to try to make some of those decks once i buy the cards. A 5 from me.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest