LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:18 pm
--- description ---
Orc archery deck with the power of Frenzy of Arrows.
--- end description ---

I’m trying to build this deck cheap, so don’t point out a bunch of expensive cards I need. Very Happy This deck is kind of a follower killer, and my priority is to get a couple Saruman, Servant of Sauron.

(35 cards)

Orkish Archer Troop x 4
Orkish Lackey x 4
Black Gate Sentry x 3
Isengard Underling x 4
Gothmog, Morgul Leader x 3

Great Cost x 4
Spurred to Battle x 4
Whisper in the Dark x 4

Frenzy of Arrows x 4

Saruman, Servant of Sauron

Okay, just exert like crazy with Whispers, shoot with Frenzy, recur Underlings with Gothmog, and hose everything that runs followers. Kill AC’s powerful Gamling deck DEAD. Who doesn’t like 200+ archery? (in the right deck).

I’m pairing this with a fun to play Westfarthing Businessman deck, so its not that serious.
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:49 am; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Foresight
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:00 pm
NBarden wrote:
I’m pairing this with a fun to play Westfarthing Businessman deck, so its not that serious.

Just because one side’s PPE doesn’t justify the NPE side of the deck Shame on you But yes, this deck looks alright...for an NPE...just what does Orkish Archer Troop do, anyways? Since Cobra hasn’t put the card images up yet, I can’t really see. Confused
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Dravius
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:05 pm
It adds to the archery for eah hunter companion.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:40 pm
It’s quite mild compared to what I expected. I kept thinking the ’1’ in its game text was missing two ’0’s off the end of it! Laughing

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:10 pm
Foresight wrote:
NBarden wrote:

Just because one side’s PPE doesn’t justify the NPE side of the deck Shame on you

Eh...what? I built this deck to be a specific follower hoser, and nothing else. It won’t be NPE unless someone’s stupid enough to run a follower, and even then, Librarian solves the problems.

This deck is simply a follower hoser. Once I get Saruman, Servant of Sauron, this deck will be NPE, but until then, only NPE if you run a follower.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:07 pm
NBarden wrote:
Kill AC’s powerful Gamling deck DEAD. Who doesn’t like 200+ archery? (in the right deck).

If I ever used that Gamling follower deck, I would almost definitely add like 4 copies of a unique Elf and 4 copies of Elven Armaments. I’m pretty sure that it’s one of the variants I posted in the article, but after thinking it over I would probably just make that the usual version.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:13 pm
I better pack a couple Grond to get rid of them. 2x would get rid of them all. Very Happy
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:48 am
I’M GETTING SARUMAN, SERVANT OF SAURON!!!!!

Dancing
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:50 am
Make it a priority to get 3 more copies of Saruman... with all the follower discarding going on, you’ll need as many copies of him as you can get. Plus having 4 copies means that you’ll get him sooner and you can add more archery with Frenzy of Arrows... plus you can play Whisper in the Dark on Saruman. Twisted Evil

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:52 am
I’ll get 3 more if you give $27 store credit.

You can spare it, can’t you?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard