LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:59 pm
--- description ---
Straight dwarves not designed to do anything except kill everything.
--- end description ---

Too many Dwarf decks have a mission of helping the Shadow side or working with the shadow side. Cycling, discard, etc, these deck help you set up a perfect shadowkill.

Other Dwarf decks have a specific mission. Damage dwarves, for example, focus on getting dwarves that kill with sheer damage, kill with More Yet to Come, and then wrap everything up with Battle in Earnest of Blood Runs Chill.

But, why not just make dwarves so they can handle everything and kill everything, huh?

So what card makes Dwarves able to achieve enormous strength? Mountain Homestead. Combined with Thorin’s Harp, this card turns into "exert a dwarf to make each dwarf strength +8 until the regroup phase." If at a mountain, it gets easier. But we won’t run mountains, we’ll run underground sites. Why? Till Durin Wakes Again! Now the exertions you throw around get healed no problem.

Finally, Blood Runs Chill, and you have a bunch of killer, self-healing dwarves that destroy conditions.

Here’s the deck.

(37 cards)

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Gloin, Son of Groin
Durin III, Dwarven Lord

Thrarin, Smith of Erebor x 2

Thorin’s Harp x 4
Mountain Homestead x 4
Till Durin Wakes Again x 4

Axe of Khazad-Dum x 4
Hand Axe x 4
Belt of Erebor
Ring of Fury x 2
Dwarven Bracers x 4

Proud and Able x 3

Blood Runs Chill x 3

Now its a little big, but that’s what Gloin, Son of Groin is for, right? Anyway, drop an Axe of Khazad-Dum, Ring of Fury, Hand Axe, and Dwarven Bracers on Thrarin and voila, damage +11. That’s high damage. And he’s high strength as well, such as 20 strength. Very Happy

Best paired with Orc swarm, the underground sites allow Till Durin Wakes Again to work, and cycles so you get the cards you need in the deck.

That’s it! Kill!
Last edited by NBarden on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
now people will start saying thorin’s harp is broken. since mountain homestead costs a lot swarm might be a problem *slap* thanks I needed that. seriously I don’t see any weaknessed to shi. I need to get thorin’s harp...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
FortunesRazor
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:17 pm
Gloin, Friend to Thorin becomes a nine in no time, but doesn’t cycle. There is also pippin from age’s end.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 pm
With the size of this deck, Gloin, Son of Groin is better. And Gloin, Friend to Thorin only gets to 9 when you get set up.

Not that the extra 3 strength matters when he’s base 17 or so...

Thorin’s Harp / Mountain Homestead was the first combo I thought of when that released. Sweet card.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Apopatos
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:05 am
Why till durin wakes again? Two more Ring of fury heal better and you save two cards where you can add two ring of artifice to add even more strength or to return ring of fury to hand and heal even more dwarves!
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:50 pm
Constant healing. That’s it. Maybe I’ll cut it, but that’s how my first dwarf deck healed.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:44 pm
You have Arod with no tokens. Presumably you’re using it only for the resistance bonus on Gimli. Wouldn’t it just be better to either use some token cards or use the axe of erebor or gimli’s battle axe or another ring? Ring of Guile rocks with blood runs chill.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:45 pm
Used for a strength or damage bonus for Durin or Thrarin. Maybe I’ll stick in some sort of armor instead. Now that I look at it, that is kinda stupid.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:46 pm
Use Armor of Khazad! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Apopatos
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:20 pm
With so few companions and the high cost of mountain homestead, Gimli is going to skirmish very often so you will fill with threats very soon and thus armor of khazad is a bit useless. Everything that gives resistance is more than welcome though!
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded