LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:16 pm
--- description ---
With the release of Treachery and Deceit and Age’s End, the old Westafarthing Bussinessman strategy gets a boost, a very broken boost.
--- end description ---

Golden Perch Ale. A completely broken card.

Scouring of the Shire. A not so broken card until you look at other cards it interacts with. Bill the Pony, Dearly-Loved.

Scouring of the Shire is now an extremely broken card.

Not to mention that your Westfarthing Businessmen get to take advatage of them. MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(31 cards)

Frodo, Resolute hobbit
The One Ring, The Great Ring

Westfarthing Businessman
Sam, Great Elf Warrior

Westfarthing Businessman x 3

Hobbit Sword x 4
Sting, Weapon of Heritage
Tom Bombadil’s hat
Bill the Pony, Dearly-Loved

Golden perch Ale x 3
Scouring of the Shire x 4
Sudden Fury x 4
Faith in Friendship x 2
Humble Homestead x 2
Prized Lagan x 4

Scouring of the Shire and Sudden Fury Aren’t unique. So, that’s strength +8 for your companions.

The only problem would be if your opponent doesn’t try to get rid of your conditions. But most of the time, they will. If they try, you power up your hobbits! Keep everything ticking with Bill the Pony, Dearly-Loved.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
FortunesRazor
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:25 pm
I think there’s a card called good work that lets you add tokens do discard burdens too. Sorry, I checked and it’s from TT And there’s always kept safe for your unbound hobbits. Sorry again not in standard.

I don’t understand the comment about bill the pony though. How does he keep the deck ticking? Just by discarding minions in the regroup phase since you don’t have damage bonuses?
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:24 am
The point is he removes tokens from scouring of the shire to discard minions, therefore allowing you to protect your conditions even more.

Could someone tell me what golden perch ale does, I’ve forgotten?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Apopatos
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:21 am
Thranduil wrote:
Could someone tell me what golden perch ale does, I’ve forgotten?

1 Hobbit-Possession-Support Area
Each time a Shire companion wins a skirmish, you may add a Shire token here.
Fellowship: Remove a Shire token here to remove a burden.

No bad huh? Wink
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:56 am
Cool thanks!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:01 pm
FortunesRazor wrote:
I don’t understand the comment about bill the pony though. How does he keep the deck ticking? Just by discarding minions in the regroup phase since you don’t have damage bonuses?

Bill The Pony abuses Scouring of the Shire to its utmost, protected conditions, and keeping it on the table for bonuses to your Businessmen. Keeps all the conditions you need around.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
FortunesRazor
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:31 pm
I understand now. But if they don’t try do discard your conditions you still have huge westfarthing businessmen because well they don’t discard your conditions. Catch 22. Therefore the problem is you don’t get to discard minions in the regroup. You probably don’t have room for it but Narrow Escape could get two, but it is an event.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:41 pm
I don’t want to discard minions in the regroup. This deck can do it, but that’s not the point of Bill The Pony. The point I look at is remove two tokens. Discarding minions is just the icing.

Although I’m thinking of running Daddy Twofoot with Sam RB and Make a Run for It instead of Bill, with the followers used with Sam. That could add some serious doubling capabilities.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard