LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
Dravius
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:56 am
In standard formta, the only real viable shadow archery deck is the evil men though. That means the elven armaments only prevents this deck, and since elves don’t have any damages bonuses, they have to overwhelm in order to kill the 2 or more vitality minions without the archery phase. That may cost a lot of events to do so, which mostly prevents them from double moving against any non-archery shadow.

In that way, elven armaments doesn’t seem to much of a problem for STANDARD play. But is home and hearth with bouncing hobbits any differents for burdens or even for archery? with all the healing and burdens removing, it seems to me as big a deal as the elven armaments and no one is calling it broken (I don’t think either are in fact).
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:23 am
Mumak rider.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:52 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
Mumak rider.

Yeah IMHO elven armaments is not very OP in standard, and only OP in expanded, not broken.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:30 pm
I had a chance to playtest with T&D. Namely, Golden Perch Ale (SO COMPLETELY OP ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY!)

(Actually, it is funny, especially when you have a Hobbiton Farmer, Lover of Pipeweed against a bunch of fierce Nazzies. Add a burden to remove two burdens Twisted Evil Not to mention Good Work...and Sam beating up some people to. Went from 6 burdens to 1 in one turn, and I had 5 tokens on Good Work).

Also used Frenzy of Arrows. The deck is good, but against Ring of Rings, lacks the stopping power. But, I did beat up the deck pretty bad, 2 burdens from corruption with an exhausted fellowship. Sanctuaries stink. And Galadriel, Lady Redeemed is a match even for the Smith. Evil or Very Mad Saruman, Servant of Sauron should solve the problem. BTW, Orc Archery doesn’t cycle at all. Good thing I was using Frodo, Protected by Many. Rolling Eyes

Elven Armaments completely killed Frenzy of Arrows, but against other archery decks, it should be pretty easy to dock. Its kind of a good thing, ’cause it kills Orc Archery which needs a counter and gets killed by other archery.

Haven’t tried the Faramir/Stewards’ Legacy yet. Cause I don’t have Faramir.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:44 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
so lets give the ale erratra so it is like good work Wink then it would be fine.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
anonymous22
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:38 pm
So it seems, that T&D isn’t THAT broken after all, only a few cards needing errata. Has anyone tried gothmog though?
Piecesofeight
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:34 pm
I find that the fellowship side is a great deal stronger than the shadow side.
Beyo
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:04 pm
where is card list of T & D with images?
why not on decipher site?
Time in the universe may be eternal..our patience is not
Apopatos
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:54 am
Could someone enlighten me what whisper in the dark does?
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:10 am
Apopatos wrote:
Could someone enlighten me what whisper in the dark does?

http://www.decipher.fanhq.com/resources/cardimages/LOTR18077.jpg

Thats whats it does. Stupid card if you ask me. Breaks rules and seems too strong. But maybe NB is right i havent played with any T&D yet as i lack the enthusiasm to buy any which is the first time ive not ordered 2 boxes of a set ever.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit