LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
Apopatos
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:25 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Apopatos wrote:
Could someone enlighten me what whisper in the dark does?

http://www.decipher.fanhq.com/resources/cardimages/LOTR18077.jpg

Thats whats it does. Stupid card if you ask me. Breaks rules and seems too strong. But maybe NB is right i havent played with any T&D yet as i lack the enthusiasm to buy any which is the first time ive not ordered 2 boxes of a set ever.

It was in Decipher’s site and I hadn’t it in my card list? Eh?
Anyway, I don’t think it is strong since the cultures which do not discard conditions discard followers!
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:40 am
Still breaks the rules though. Decipher stated followers cannot bear cards so why make this. Annoying really. I know card text trumps rules but why make the rule if youre going to break it?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Hedgehog81
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:41 am
I had a chance to test my evil-men archery

Whisper in the dark doesn’t work as we can expect because usually get discarded in the turn u play it due to elven-gandalf conditions discarding stuff or Pallando himself,and Horns for Gondor or Rohan by discarding the follower who bear it

Elven Armaments full-stop the archery, u will not have enough mumak rider to discard all four and due to Elrond, Witness to History the armaments discarded come back each turn

About rules,I think D will change some of them (Follower) and intruducing new one (Unloaded Keyword),most of us complain about Pull of the ring or Ranger of the North,if we look to Ents Marching (u will found it in the image I post few days ago link here) we have the same problem as ranger of the north,
I think D will introduce the rule that "Unloaded Keyword" gained or lost,last until the regroup phase,that’s my thought
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK so elven armaments broken
WitD not broken

defender isn’t an unloaded keyword Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:56 pm
Joined: 17 Jun 2007 Posts: 32 Location: Somewhere in the Field
Evil Men also have Minion Recursion to replay Mumak Riders. The Easterlings from Hunters replay minions and Fleet of Corsair Ships also retrieves minions. Actually all 4 of the cultures have some sort of minion recursion. Shocked
Anautikus
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:36 am
prized lagan is AMAZING in an everyone knows deck
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
Foresight
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:49 am
Prized Lagan needs cultural enforcement. I haven’t had much of a chance to playtest this card, but here are some cards that I HAVE had a chance to playtest:

Tracking the Prize - My opponent gave me enough twilight for 4 Uruk-hai hunters in one move. When he did so, he found himself dying to the fierce minions that exerted his companions. Though if he woulda remembered Cavern Entrance’s gametext he would have survived, he assigned Frodo to one of my minions and got overwhelmed because The One Ring, The Ring of Doom couldn’t be worn. Twisted Evil Overall, I’d say this is a powerful card, and it definately makes any Free Peoples player pay for "peeing in the pool".

Elven Armaments - There is actually 2 Elven decks in my player group that I seen, and both used this card. I used it because it powers up Cirdan, The Shipwright and the new Haldir. I found it is an AMAZING counter to Frenzy of Arrows, which I seen my opponent discarding (Along with Isengard Underlings Laughing) I ended up winning the 4 player game in the end, and the only thing that slowed me down against the Frenzy of Arrows deck were Emboldened Orcs and Black Gate Sentries.

Watcher of Sarn Ford - Not really as powerful as billed. My deck built around this guy required a major healing engine, which consisted of Houses of Healing, Faramir’s Company, Halbarad, ect. It absolutley died against Burdening Enduring Nazgul/Wraith Wraiths. So IMO, the watcher isn’t that great. He’s ok, moderate at best.

Fleet of Corsair Ships - Great card! I found a great combo for reinforcing Men tokens: Enraged Southron and Corsair Boarding Axe. I kept getting key minions back with Fleet of Corsair Ships, so it’s a really useful card. Corsair Grappling Hook was also essential for reinforcing Men tokens on this card.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:25 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
NBarden wrote:
Mumak rider.

Wow short post.
Anyway I still think that T&D was a waste of paper, but at least decipher countered broken cards with broken cards.....
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
fight fire with fire, fight brokenness with brokenness
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:30 pm
I’ve played against some T&D cards now. Here’s some analysis:

Erkenbrand’s Shield with Surrendered Weapons is hilarious against a bunch of fierce Nazgul. Surrendered Weapons is basically a condition that lets you add 1 in the skirmish phase to transfer a Rohan possession to another companion, so you can give Erkenbrand’s Shield to anyone who is in a fierce skirmish.

Erkenbrand’s Horn is amazing and makes Rohan with followers a very competent deck, even without New Chapter.

Robin Smallburrow is probably too good, since you can get rid of any cards you don’t want and get more cards to replace them.

Steward’s Tomb is just dumb in any type of archery deck.

Frenzy of Arrows is fine without the Saruman follower.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit