LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:36 pm
Hey,

If you could choose what the 18 foils were for T&D, and the 9 Masterworks foils, what would you choose? Here is my list:

RF
Aragorn, Heir to the Throne of Gondor
Beorning Axe
Boromir, Proud and Noble Man
Deceit
Erkenbrand’s Horn
Erkenbrand’s Shield
Faramir, Captain of Ithilien
Galadriel’s Silver Ewer
Gamling’s Horn
Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor
Gothmog, Morgul Leader
Grond, Forged With Black Steel
Horn of Boromir, The Great Horn
Isildur, Sword-bearer
Radagast’s Herb Bag
Shagrat, Tower Captain
Sting, Elven Long Knife
Treachery

Masterworks
Aragorn, Heir to the Throne of Gondor
Beorning Axe
Boromir, Proud and Noble Man
Faramir, Captain of Ithilien
Galadriel’s Silver Ewer
Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor
Gothmog, Morgul Leader
Grond, Forged With Black Steel
Sting, Elven Long Knife

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
redoschi
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:50 pm
your list is nice but I would change some stuff in there:

I would remove gorn for gimli in both regular and masterworks (we need more dwarven foils)

In the masterworks I assume you are thinking if all cultures had AT’s right?

if not, then I would remove gothmog, sting and grond for glorfindel, theoden and one of the horns.

in the regular ones I would remove 2 of the possessions (out of the rohan ones and the herb bag) and include glorfindel and grima
LunaticFringe
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:30 pm
Glorfindel looks gay, so that’s a pass. Aragorn should have gotten Masterworks, and Gimli RF (since there’s no alternate pattern for Dwarves). The same is to be said for the Hobbits, so Sting fits just fine in the standard foil (and looks good at that). The elven alternate looks like crap, besides, so that’s another reason Glorfindel shouldn’t have been touched. But Gil-Galad should have gotten the love, along with Haldir, who finally gets a manly (for an elf) looking pose. I’d have also given Theoden one last shot at Masterworks.

Also, on behalf of Gondor, Denethor’s Sword being foiled should have gone to Faramir, in both R and Masterworks. Get an "all shadowy" ranger fellowship on the table, that would be cool. And, for a kicker, take away one of Erkenbrand’s playtoys in both foil versions and given them to Isildur. A black bordered Isildur; rather poetic, when you think about it.

I’d drop Beorning Axe in both foil and Masterworks for Our Time in both foils. It’s a classic Gandalf card in the aspect of that all knowing mode of play, which hearkening back to the Glamdrings and Staffs of old, the pumps based on twilight in the pool; all the while trying to make a choke arrangement to get you there. Besides, there’s no character worth giving a Masterworked Beorning Axe to that came in that alternate background. Wink There’s something to be said about table fashion.

Best foil of the set as it stands is Pull of the Ring, Masterworks. Period. The shine of the necklace against the rashed skin of Frodo’s neck just sets off all sorts of chills, and fits the bill for a good Nazgul card. Now, the gametext, not so much. I’m forcefully trying to come up with a worthwhile mix of cards to throw in two or three just to make it look sick.

Considering how much of an in-joke Decipher seems to run with the whole "your arm’s off" gag across their games, and the fact that it showed up for the final LOTR installment in the form of both Disarmed (again? *sigh* ) and Cleaved, I am incredibly surprised that Disarmed wasn’t given the role of junk rare (as it always is, and as Cleaved can attest to), and promoted to junk foil in the process.

Flashbacks to the days of R1, R2, and R3. And no, I’m not referring to droids... well, yeah, I am. I pulled enough BS Star Wars R3 rare droids to fill a a shoebox.

And finally, if I had been in the position to have any creative input for the foiling of T&D, I’d have cashed in no less than four of the MW for a single do-over from Rise of Saruman:

Anduril, Sword that was Broken, should have been a Masterworks. I’d say throwing back the other Erkenbrand toy, the Rohan Diadem, Radagast’s Bag, and the Crown of Gondor would have been worth that.
Hedgehog81
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:10 am
LunaticFringe wrote:
Glorfindel looks gay, so that’s a pass. Aragorn should have gotten Masterworks, and Gimli RF (since there’s no alternate pattern for Dwarves)

There’s the alternate pattern for dwarves,u will find it in Countdown Collection Promos
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
Glamdring
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:48 pm
I would’ve made Isildur, or Gothmog foil. I personally think they would be the coolest. Cool
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
LunaticFringe
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:19 pm
"There’s the alternate pattern for dwarves,u will find it in Countdown Collection Promos"

I haven’t looked at those Collection cards in so long I forgot about it. But it’s kind of pointless at this stage, being that it would be one RF alternate of Gimli, for which a brand new foiled version of the template would have needed to be prepared. Given the rehashing of previous card images in the last two sets, fat chance that anyone at Decipher could have been bothered to properly come up with a good looking foil layout for a one-off.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit