LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is The Faithful Stone?

5 (Best)  
65%
  [ 13 ]  65%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

10%
  [ 2 ]  10%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
20%
  [ 4 ]  20%

Total Votes : 20
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:20 pm

AHHHH! BROKEN!!!

Okay, if your opponent focuses on fighting and has no way to discard conditions, then they are screwed. For every 3 minions that are played, one won’t fight. And then add in crazy token reinforcement like Guarded City and Throne of Minas Tirith, and it just explodes! And it’s non-unique too! And you can use it with Rohan and Gandalf Men! And heck, you can spot your OPPONENT’S MEN!

This is just dumb. It’ll get X-ed fast... and if it doesn’t, my group will outlaw it anyways.

5 for playability, 0 for playtesting. Maybe Decipher shouldn’t have dropped those playtesters...
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
menace64
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:22 pm
Yeah, this has ZERO cultural reinforcement...
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:23 pm
Ick. Way overpowered.

I had to put something here.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:25 pm
It’s not that bad. Most decks these days should pack condition removal anyway.
All cards do what they say.
anonymous22
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:36 pm
man... it’s broken. Gondor has so many ways to reinforce tokens that’s it not even funny. Guarded City, Throne of Minas Tirith, and that merchant dude.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:53 pm
BROKEN.

Almost more broken than Fruit Loops.

1! 1! 1!

I REFUSE to play against anyone that uses this card!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Cobra
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:35 am
Personally I agree that this card shouldn’t have seen print. The concept of one in three minions being safely ignored is just too powerful.

But in practice, I think Bib is right. Conditions are very easily discarded. And certain decktypes, like Wraiths and any sort of Shadow archery, won’t even flinch at this card.

The Faithful Stone is a bad idea, but certainly not the apocalypse. Rolling Eyes
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:42 am
Voted 5 as its still a question of how playable. Answer - extremely. No culture enforcement and the fact its non unique means broken. Swarm will never work again and bomb gets shafted. I too will join the lobby to never play anyone using this. I hate to keep moaning on but im gonna say this again... Escalation. Buy these new cards from us or your old decks wont win anymore....
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Apopatos
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:00 am
No culturally enforced? Shocked 5 because it’s extra playable!
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:40 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
So every third minion can’t be assigned? And its non-unique. Easily shuts down just about every swarm once you have one or two out, and three means that for every three minions played, none of those three may be assigned. (get a 3 tokens on each when three minons are played, use each one to prevent a different one of the three from being assigned.) Except against Wraith, in which case its useless.

That’s pretty broken.

Playability, a 5. Balance, a 0
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit