LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
38%
  [ 5 ]  38%

53%
  [ 7 ]  53%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
exarrkun
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:04 am
wasn’t me!
i voted 4 Smile
a story that has a happy ending is a story that isn't over yet...
sperzdechly
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:02 pm
I will vote 5, because you covered everything what should be covered. Nice, completed and consistent article. Well done!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:00 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Good article. You didn’t need to make a deck, and you didn’t-that kept it good and to the point.

One question though...couldn’t you play both of Elrond’s sons and a 2 twilight companion, since after one of them is played, then you play the other, they’re each -2 twilight? (making a total 2 twilight cost)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:13 pm
When playing companions in your starting fellowship, pretend that there is 4 twilight, and when you play a companion, you remove twilight instead of adding twilight. So Elrohir would remove 3, and then Elladan would remove 1.

Cool
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:31 pm
According to the Rulebook:

"You may then play other companions (not allies, possessions, artifacts, or conditions) one at a time from your draw deck, as long as the total twilight cost of these companions is 4 or less. The twilight cost of your Ring-bearer is not included in this total." (emphasis by me)

There’s no mention of an imaginary twilight pool. It specifically says "total twilight cost", which is calculated after each card is played.

So, after you play Elladan, then play Elrohir, the total twilight cost becomes 2. That lets you play another companion, such as Legolas. Top that off with a Galadriel such as Galadriel, Lady Redeemed or Galadriel, Sorceress of the Hidden Land, and you’ve got five companions right there (including RB)!
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:48 pm
That doesn’t matter. Elladan’s twilight cost is 3, and Elrohir’s twilight cost is 1. Period.
All cards do what they say.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:05 pm
Why?

I’m sure there’s a reason D made them both have the "-2 twilight" text.
(I should probably start another thread for this...)
Cobra
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:28 pm
The reason this doesn’t work is that the companions in your starting fellowship are played one at a time. That means that you can’t go back in time and adjust the cost of something already played... Crying or Very sad

So, play Elladan for 3. His text is now in effect, making Elrohir twilight cost -2. Play Elrohir for 1. His text is now in effect as well, making Elladan twilight cost -2, but that’s irrelevant because Elladan has already been played for 3.

Giving both characters the twilight reduction text allows this to work the other way around (i.e., play Elrohir followed by Elladan), and IMO gives a more "brotherly" feel to the cards. Cool More importantly, it also means that if the sons of Elrond are NOT in your starting fellowship, but join the fellowship later, you’ll get the -2 twilight effect no matter which character you happen to draw first.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest