LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:38 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’ve compiled extensive list on cards that refer to Ring-bound or unbound companions, and how they would be affected if ALL companions were Ring-bound. You can find those lists here. I originally posted the lists in this thread, but since the links don’t work, I figured it’d be much easier to go through in another forum.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:45 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Malachi
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:42 am
In order to be really balanced, fellowship keyword must not just be replaced by ring-bound, but if you can spot only fellowship companions, each of them gains ring-bound. Here’s the trick - you cannot use Smeagol or Merry & Pippin from other sets to get bonuses for spotting 4 ring-bound hobbits. It would be not "broken", but rather unfair.

If done so, it won’t change the game extremely (and some new cards from D seem to do so), just add a nice possibility for some cool new decks.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:48 am
That list is brilliant Dain GP for your time and effort.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:48 am
Malachi wrote:
In order to be really balanced, fellowship keyword must not just be replaced by ring-bound, but if you can spot only fellowship companions, each of them gains ring-bound. Here’s the trick - you cannot use Smeagol or Merry & Pippin from other sets to get bonuses for spotting 4 ring-bound hobbits. It would be not "broken", but rather unfair.

Right. Nor could you use ANY Rohan companions, or Ents, or knights, or lots of strategies people currently use. And like you said, no non-fellowship versions of the Nine Walkers could be used either, so no other Sams, Aragorns, Gandalfs, etc.

But the potential with ALL Ring-bound companions is pretty neat. I think it would be a lot of fun. Very Happy Too bad there aren’t more fellowship companions....

Wow, who ever thought I’d say that after how disappointing they seemed to be? Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Aragorn well traveled guide disappointing? Leggo wasn’t disappointing either.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:08 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Aragorn well traveled guide disappointing? Leggo wasn’t disappointing either.

No, but the fellowship keyword WAS. Aragorn and Boromir and Legolas are good IN SPITE of the keyword.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
well yeah...it was dissapointing
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:31 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Nice ideas guys, even though I don’t plan on buying ages end stuff..
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Juicetr
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:31 pm
Could be possibly mutually beneficial for the shadow and fellowship side. Something like while Companions with the Fellowship keyword are assigned to a skirmish, they give a strength or damage bump to other companions, but the flip side is they are strength minus whatever the other companions get. To clarify, since I confused myself, If Arragon has the FELLOWSHIP keyword, he makes other companions strength + 1 or +2 or whatever while he himself is assigned to a skirmish, but in return he himself will be strength -1 or -2 during his skirmish. Hope that makes more sense....sounded perfectly reasonable in my head Shocked Possibly change it up per culture....one culture can heal a companion or 2 at the start of the maneuver, but in turn must wound, not exert, be wounded once or twice in return...etc etc etc
You look like your smuggling sausages.....just in the wrong places.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:52 pm
that IMHO would get too complicated too fast.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End