LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:58 am
Joined: 17 Jun 2007 Posts: 32 Location: Somewhere in the Field
A new infinite loop has been discovered in our player group.

Basically here is the cards involved:

Snowmane, Noble Mearas
Freely Across Our Land
Dispatched With Haste
Cast From the Hall

Fellowship Phase:

To Start Play Freely Across Our Land and add a token to it. Play Snowmane, Noble Mearas to reinforce a token to bring the total on Freely Across Our Land to 2. Play Dispatched with Haste and any number of Cast From the Hall.

Regroup Phase:

During Regroup use Dispatched With Haste to discard Snowmane, Noble Mearas to discard any Shadow Possessions or just pay the cost and ignore the effect it doesn’t matter. Remove a token from Freely Across Our Land to play Snowmane, Noble Mearas from your discard pile to Reinforce a token on Freely Across Our Land to bring the total back up to 2 and add a token to Cast From the Hall. Repeat this an infinite number of times.

Now with an infinite number of tokens on Cast From the Hall your Rohan Companions can be infinite strength with an infinite damage bonus. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

For more fun throw in Gandalf’s Hat, Firefoot, Mearas of the Mark, and Riding Like the Wind. Then you can remove the pool and move 6 sites. Evil. Evil. Evil.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:47 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Wow, an amazing catch. GP The PC will have to look into this...I recommend looking at X-ing Freely Across Our Land...or errata-ing it.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:03 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
my bob thats insane GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:24 pm
Wow, nice combo. I’m not sure what should be X-ed... Cast From the Hall is such a cool idea and it makes a Rohan archery deck playable (4 Javelins replayed every site Twisted Evil), so maybe Freely Across Our Land should just be moved to the X-list.

GP for the combo.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Gandalf's Evil Twin
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:08 pm
Joined: 17 Jun 2007 Posts: 32 Location: Somewhere in the Field
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Wow, nice combo. I’m not sure what should be X-ed... Cast From the Hall is such a cool idea and it makes a Rohan archery deck playable (4 Javelins replayed every site Twisted Evil), so maybe Freely Across Our Land should just be moved to the X-list.

GP for the combo.

- AC

My thought was either errata Dispatch With Haste to make you spot a shadow possession to use its ability or make Cast From the Hall only be able to have tokens added during the fellowship phase. But either of those seem like a lot of rewording. I guess if Freely Across Our Land is x’ed that would be just as good.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:20 pm
I mean, it’s not like that card has much use anyway...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:28 pm
dont errata any thing .. you have to draw it and it takes ah bit of setting up
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:07 pm
So do Infi Gandalf and Fruit Loops. The point is, it’s not impossible to set up, and it has a potential to give infinite strength and damage bonuses.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
I mean, it’s not like that card has much use anyway...

between swordthain and sword rack, yeah X it.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:21 pm
I’d say that Cast from the Hall is pretty OP. Rohan archery + extreme fighting skills.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit