LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
28%
  [ 2 ]  28%

57%
  [ 4 ]  57%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:53 am
I was looking at the deck, and the cost. It really is way too expensive. I also think that, though good as it is, there are too many card devoted to the Horn of Gondor which means it can’t handle a lot of other decks (as said before, rapid reload etc) plus you are at the mercy of fenzy of arrows.

I also think that you have way too many expensive cards. You need to really rework your starting fellowship too. I’d personally drop a copy each of Horn of Gondor and Aragorns Longbow and start Denethor, LoMT. You say that you can draw cards with him, but that is all dependant on drawing him in the first place! I’ll have a look through my own cards when I leave work and try and find a couple of suggestions for you.

I think that this deck could work well possibly in a token/ranger healing deck, although cant think of a good deck off of the top of my head at the mo (sorry, level 46 on the LotR riddle is driving me nutso)
TheHobbit13
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:03 am
right now this article is a 3 material i would give it a five if you added more decks and matchups around the horn .
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:42 pm
Why does sting, Elven Long-Knife link to Pull of the Ring?

And use the new Faramir. Yeah, the broken one that kills everything with Stewards’ Legacy. Hey, other people are using them, you better use ’em or you’ll get run over.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:49 pm
Ahhhh! I want to use the Faramir, Captain of Ithilien with Stewards Legacy but it’s so bad. Has an ace pic though so that might win me over!

Actually, have a GP NBarden, just for the gall of promoting use of such a combo Very Happy
Last edited by BearerOfQuality on Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:53 pm
Could you make sure the T & D cards are linked to the real cards please? And fix stewards’ legacy so that the link appears.

Sorry, but I’m just pedantic about things like that!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:00 pm
Haha, I never notice these things, I’m usually a little weird about it myself! HAve sorted the one, need to find the url for Faramir
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:00 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sickofpalantirs wrote:
with armor and the steed I think you should have 2 armor so you don’t get the steed and not it. I would think a 2:1 ratio would work OK though.

Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith can help grab Armor of the White City. Smile
pwn’ed. forgot about that, though you might want him to grab more...potent stuff, though it is always a possibility

sickofpalantirs wrote:
11 resistance can be overcome with a good corruption deck

Nine-fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom. Thumbs Up
thirteen resistance would be harder, but then you can’t use it to remove your threats...of course you could always use the new anduril and scroll of isildur and sapling

sickofpalantirs wrote:
and discard could have fun too since your deck should get rid of cards fast.

Discard has fun with ANY deck. Razz
valid point

Thanks for the review, and don’t forget to vote! Very Happy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:14 pm
Thanks for the reviews, guys! Smile

I won’t be able to edit the article until this evening, so please hold off your votes. Thanks!
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:17 pm
BearerOfQuality wrote:
Haha, I never notice these things, I’m usually a little weird about it myself! HAve sorted the one, need to find the url for Faramir

Sorry, I was actually talking to AP about his article!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:28 pm
Article edited! Smile

Thanks for the reviews, guys! Very Happy
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest