LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:00 pm
I was trying to think of a way to make the fellowship keyword possibly usable, and I came up with the following card:

2 • The Fellowship of the Ring Shire
Condition • Support Area
Each time a fellowship companion wins a skirmish, you may add a Shire token here.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from this condition to play a fellowship companion from your draw deck or discard pile.
Skirmish: Remove 2 tokens from this condition to make a fellowship companion strength +1.
’The Company of the Ring shall be Nine; and the Nine Walkers shall be set against the Nine Riders that are evil.’

Then, it got me thinking about a whole series of cards each named after a block, and then a final one named Age’s End. But for those, you’ll have to wait. Let’s see what you think about this one first.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:09 am; edited 40 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:04 pm
I would bump the cost to 2. Otherwise, great card! GP
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:23 am
That is one very cool card i echo AP it deserves a gp! GP
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:19 pm
Thanks guys, and I’ve raised its cost to 2.

Any more before I move onto The Two Towers?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:25 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
No complaints. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:37 pm
Now I have Dain’s seal of approval, I can move on! Razz

I am well aware of the possible interpretations of which towers constitute the 2 in the title (there are a lot of towers in Middle-Earth.

Here are the main candidates:

Minas Anor (Minas Tirith) and Minas Ithil (Minas Morgul)
The Towers of the Teeth (ie. the towers on each side of the Black Gate)
Orthanc and Barad-dur

Since they basically spell out the third of these options in the film, I decided to base it on that, as also I figured it would be the most interesting.

2 • The Two Towers Isengard
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot a Sauron or Orc minion, each Uruk-hai and Isengard minion gains hunter 1.
Fellowship: Exert an Uruk-hai or Isengard minion twice to play a Sauron or Orc minion from your discard pile. Its twilight cost is -1.
’In all the long wars with the Dark Tower treason has ever been our greatest foe.’

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

TheHobbit13
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:41 pm
Thranduil wrote:

I am well aware of the possible interpretations of which towers constitute the 2 in the title (there are a lot of towers in Middle-Earth.

Here are the main candidates:

Minas Anor (Minas Tirith) and Minas Ithil (Minas Morgul)
The Towers of the Teeth (ie. the towers on each side of the Black Gate)
Orthanc and Barad-dur

Since they basically spell out the third of these options in the film, I decided to base it on that, as also I figured it would be the most interesting.

Condition • Support Area
While you can spot a Sauron or Orc minion, each Uruk-hai and Isengard minion gains hunter 1.
Fellowship: Exert an Uruk-hai or Isengard minion twice to play a Sauron or Orc minion from your discard pile.
’In all the long wars with the Dark Tower treason has ever been our greatest foe.’
good for multi cultural deck... but i don’t see this getting much useThranduil
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:44 pm
TheHobbit13 wrote:
good for multi cultural deck... but i don’t see this getting much use

Probably not, but it’s considerably better with grishnakh, treacherous captain and my later card The War of the Ring.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

TheHobbit13
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:03 pm
gp for the great cards hope you post new ones soon
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
what about mine Wink

2 • The Fellowship of the Ring Shire
Condition • Support Area
Each time a fellowship companion wins a skirmish, you may add a Shire token here.
Fellowship: If you cannot spot 6 companions, remove 2 tokens from this condition to play a fellowship companion from your draw deck or discard pile.
Skirmish: Remove 2 tokens from this condition to make a fellowship companion strength +1.
’The Company of the Ring shall be Nine; and the Nine Walkers shall be set against the Nine Riders that are evil.’
this reminds me of the idea people had of the fellowship keyword making it so you couldn’t spot 6 companions.

Condition • Support Area
Fellowship: Exert an Uruk-hai or Isengard minion twice to play a Sauron or Orc minion from your discard pile.

add its twilight cost is -1-2
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards