LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:11 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I would exclude the Ring-bearer from having it transferred to them...that’s a potential resistance -4 otherwise, which is simply too good for only 4.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:45 pm
Changed it so that it’s better for the Ring-bearer. Thanks all!

Now, one of the other things I wanted to do in this set is to produce cards for strategies that were never finished.

Starting with the Naith then, here is my attempt to make them slightly usable:

1 Naith Long Bow Elven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Str: +2
Bearer must be an Elf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may discard a card from hand to exert a minion.

The other Free Peoples strategy I tried to supplement was Gondor Wraiths:

0 • Army of Specters Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a Gondor Wraith is killed, remove that companion from the game to play a Gondor Wraith from your draw deck or discard pile. Discard this condition.

Also, here’s another cool card just for kicks:

1 Voyage of the Ring-Bearers Elven
Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 Elves to play one of the following from your draw deck or discard pile: Elrond, Galadriel, Gandalf, Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, Cirdan.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

2 Naith Long Bow Elven
Bearer must be an Elf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion.
maybe a tad good. make the each time bearer winsa skirmish you may add a threat or exert him(your choice)

Condition • Support Area
Response: If a Gondor Wraith is killed, remove that companion from the game to play a Gondor Wraith from your draw deck or discard pile. Discard this condition.
I wike it. I wike it a wot Wink

Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 Elves to play one of the following from your draw deck or discard pile: Elrond, Galadriel, Gandalf, Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, Cirdan.

lots of options...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:29 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 Naith Long Bow Elven
Bearer must be an Elf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion.

Hmm good ability but costs 2 so fair enough. Id drop it back to 1 and give it a cost to exert say discard a card or something, but thats just me.

Condition • Support Area

Good but a bit of an NPE. Yay i killed one of the ghostly blighters. Darn, he’s back again!

Event • Fellowship

Erm ok.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:11 pm
Continuing on my theme of ’cards that strategies need’, here is a Dunland card for the arsonist strategy (the one involving playing guys in the skirmish phase):

2 Burning and Pillaging Dunland
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Dunland Man during the skirmish phase, it is damage +1 until the regroup phase.
Response: If a Dunland Man is about to take a wound, discard this condition to prevent that wound.

And a final card in this theme for the Isengard Orcs who always die horribly to wounding strategies:

0 Fires of Industry Isengard
Event • Archery or Skirmish
Exert an Isengard minion to choose one: heal 3 other Isengard Orcs; heal another Isengard minion twice; or make the fellowship archery total -3.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 Burning and Pillaging Dunland
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Dunland Man during the skirmish phase, it is damage +1 until the regroup phase.
Response: If a Dunland Man is about to take a wound in a skirmish, discard this condition to prevent that wound.
I would make the response ability wound period.

Exert an Isengard minion to choose one: heal each other Isengard Orc; heal another Isengard minion twice; or make the fellowship archery total -3.

Thranduil

Works for me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:54 am
Thranduil wrote:
Continuing on my theme of ’cards that strategies need’, here is a Dunland card for the arsonist strategy (the one involving playing guys in the skirmish phase):

1 Burning and Pillaging Dunland
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a Dunland Man is about to take a wound in a skirmish, discard this condition to prevent that wound.

Should cost 2 but awesome.

Exert an Isengard minion to choose one: heal each other Isengard Orc; heal another Isengard minion twice; or make the fellowship archery total -3.

Heal each other orc minion is a bit too good. I mean if u couldnt wounds isengard orcs u were doomed.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:57 am
Great, I’ve changed the Isengard card a little, and I’ve nearly finished the set!

Starting, then, with a previously spoiled card (as one of my burritos) following with the rather slimy semi-reprints that go with it:

4 • Watcher in the Water, Many-Tentacled Creature Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 11
Vit: 4
Sit: 4
Damage +1.
Watcher in the Water cannot bear possessions.
While you can spot 3 tentacles, Watcher in the Water is fierce.
While you can spot 5 tentacles, Watcher in the Water is enduring.
While you can spot 7 tentacles, each Creature is strength +3 and cannot take wounds (except in the skirmish phase).

2 Foul Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 7
Vit: 1
Tentacle.
This minion may not bear possessions.
When you play this minion, you may play a tentacle from your draw deck.

2 Huge Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 6
Tentacle.
Shadow: If the current site is a marsh, play a tentacle from your discard pile.

3 Reaching Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 8
Tentacle.
When you play this minion, you may play a tentacle from your draw deck (and add 2 if the current site is a marsh).

3 Foul Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 9
Damage +1. Tentacle.
When you play this minion, you may play a Creature from your draw deck or discard pile.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:37 pm
Thranduil wrote:

4 • Watcher in the Water, Many-Tentacled Creature Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 11
Vit: 4
Damage +1.
Watcher in the Water cannot bear possessions.
While you can spot 3 tentacles, Watcher in the Water is enduring.
While you can spot 5 tentacles, Watcher in the Water is fierce.
While you can spot 7 tentacles, each Creature is strength +3 and cannot take wounds (except in the skirmish phase).

That subtitle has been used. Youre reprinting new versions? Id swap enduring and fierce.

2 Foul Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 7
Tentacle.

Fair enough.

2 Huge Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 6
Tentacle.
Shadow: If the current site is a marsh, play a tentacle from your discard pile.

Slightly broke as this allows u to not use the ages end watcher, and still swarm with tentacles AND an awesome watcher.

3 Reaching Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 8
Tentacle.
When you play this minion, you may play a tentacle from your draw deck (and add 5 if the current site is a marsh).

Broke. I play tentacle swarm and using this id kill everytime this guarantees an extra 20 pool.

3 Foul Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 9
Damage +1. Tentacle.
When you play this minion, you may play a Creature from your draw deck or discard pile.

Fair enough.

Thranduil

Question mate. Have you ever played a tentacle deck for real? Curious.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:04 pm
He’s printing this set IN REPLACEMENT of the real Age’s End. This is Age’s End "done right."
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards