LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah stern words is OK!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:45 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
That IS a relief. Still not a fan of the other hot potato cards being free of drawbacks, but at least the only +2 one has SOMETHING to keep it a little better under control.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:51 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
don’t they all have some sort of drawback?
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:53 pm
Definitely. In fact, I really wish I had ordered some now. Strength in my Blood is just wrong in my opinion. The cards would have been better had they all been somehow fellowship specific and not just the bog standard strength boosters that always come out with a little less thought (I say it time and time again, but the Hunters keyword, anyone?).

Still, I’m impressed that every single card has an ace image! Very Happy
http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=harrisonl
(needs updating)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Best. Film. Ever.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:54 pm
amen good pics are always a big plus
"DáinIronfoot"
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:55 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Nope. Some do but not all unless you count things like bearer must be a fellowship companion, but thats not a drawback just a limiter.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:57 pm
I think there are 3 whole cards in the entire set that affect those with the fellowship keyword. Great
(needs updating)

raptor22
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:51 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Nope. Some do but not all unless you count things like bearer must be a fellowship companion, but thats not a drawback just a limiter.

The only "hot potato" condition that doesn’t have a drawback is Rabbit Stew.
Strength in My Blood is not a ’hot potato’ because it doesn’t transfer around if bearer wins.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:13 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Elven Army Long Trained has no drawback either.

Well, they’re not QUITE as overpowered as I originally thought, especially with Stern Words having a drawback we didn’t know about at first. But they’re still very powerful.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:19 pm
Yeah, I guess. I just don’t particularly like the fact that it is another card that does something like that. All of the cards are just glorified strength pumps.

It would have been nice for a variety of cards. Say along the lines of ’when a companion with the fellowship keyword wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a token.’ Just something different than ’+1 strength’.
(needs updating)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End