LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
60%
  [ 6 ]  60%

40%
  [ 4 ]  40%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:40 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
The only strategy with this deck is really just "dump the minions, then drop the bomb". Besides that, there’s more specific stuff in matchups.

About prices...what should I use to price the cards, now that CC is going as a store? I believe some of these cards are already sold out on CC.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:33 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
take CC prices, double them.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
TheHobbit13
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:18 pm
i just felt like i din’t learn anything new.. the idea of a tenticle swarm bomb is sweet.. but i don’t beleive it has enough strategy to right a whole article on. it would be nice to tell what free peoples side you are going to pair it with.. i am leening towards a three but it would forshure get a solid 4 if you add prices and a free peops side with it. Other wise great article keep of the good work
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:54 pm
I did add a Freeps side: Solo Smeagol. It’s in there. Since everyone already knows what a Solo Smeagol build is, I felt it redundant to say what it was.

Prices...doubling CC prices doesn’t mean anything, since you can’t buy from CC anymore. Thus, it’s no longer a standard. But I can tell you that it would most likely run under $30 or so.

And this article has a whole lot more strategy than a few I’ve seen around here...I covered what site path to use, how to use the Freeps to get that site path, when to drop the bomb, how to set up the bomb...that sounds like a complete strategy to me.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
TheHobbit13
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:54 pm
it would still be nice to see a decklist for solo smeagol
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:50 pm
Okay, I’ll add that and CC prices in, look for it...tomorrow.
Captain of Men
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:59 pm
wow very slick approach Wink i like the creativeness of the whole article. the decklists are cool too!
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:37 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Great job CG...that was really creative nice style.

Easy 5 from me!
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:22 am
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
loved the article, very creative...
the only thing i would change about the deck is switch out the foul things for host of moria,
another minion to add to the swarm and its unique so it gets extra from dark places...
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
legoles3333
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:04 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
loved it, a 5
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest