LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
50%
  [ 6 ]  50%

41%
  [ 5 ]  41%

8%
  [ 1 ]  8%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
its always nice to know someone agrees with you Wink Cheers
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
raptor22
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:57 pm
Nice article, but what is the "noodle incident"? Anyway, I like the different style, makes for an interesting read, unlike a lot of the articles.

A 4 or 5 from me...
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:18 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
my guess it is a spoof of calvin and hobbes, where his paretns always refer to the noodle incident and he says it wasn’t his fault.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:15 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Bingo Wink
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:01 pm
Neat article, Drake. I would’ve liked to see some more in-depth strategy, but it was good to finally see an article based solely on the Balrogs.

A 4 from me. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:38 am
Hah! I knew it was good old Calvin and Hobbes!

Anyways, a hilarious article, and actually fairly big for not including a decklist or any of the assorted thingamajigs. This honestly had me laughing out loud.

A sure-fire (pardon the ’fire’ pun) 4 from me, and take an extra GP just for being so creative!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Turin06
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:56 am
Fingolfin was killed by Morgoth himself, not Balrogs. Shame on you
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:16 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
That’s right, isn’t it? Think
Wierd... not in Children of Hurin. Maybe I just got the wrong Elvenking. I should chak that once I get my copy of the book back, but I’m pretty sure that In CoH it’s Gothmog who kills him.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:32 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I just checked the Sil. It’s Fingon who gets killed by Gothmog.

"Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs, high-captain of Angband, was come...Then he turned upon Fingon. That was a grim meeting. At last Fingon stood alone with his guard dead about him; and he fought with Gothmog, until another Balrog came behind and cast a thong of fire about him. Then Gothmog hewed him with his black axe, and a white flame sprang up from the helm of Fingon as it was cloven." (The Silmarillion, "Of the Fifth Battle")
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:31 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Good job AgentDrake.
4 from me plus a well-earned GP.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest