LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
Which applies to you?

Bought some and liked it  
56%
  [ 9 ]  56%

Bought some and didn't like it  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Didnt buy any but liked the look  
31%
  [ 5 ]  31%

Didnt buy any because it looked rubbish  
12%
  [ 2 ]  12%

Was completely not fussed by its release  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 16
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:45 am
Who didnt buy any cos it looked rubbish? Please post so we can hear why u thought that. Im interested to find out...
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:17 pm
I know this was age’s ago, but hey, I’m bored!

I thought Age’s End was a pile of **** and I have no intention of owning any of it ever. (I’ll let you decide what word the asterisks are replacing!)

They did one thing right, with the fellowship keyword and printing a copy of each of the company of the ring, but the fellowship companions did not work together and there were no other good cards to use with them.

Also, they should have made 1 copy of each of the Nazgul, not just some of them (with terrible subtitles at that) and there should have been basically no cards in the set unless it fell into one of 3 categories:

1) Essential character to the book
2) The gear of an essential character in the book (or an essential item like the Elessar or the palantiri for example)
3) Cards to tie up older strategies that were never playable or properly finished (for example, Isengard warg-riders, weather cards, twilight nazgul, the Naith etc.)

The hot potato cards were boring and overpowered. The weather card was totally useless, as was sauron’s might, even though it had the potential to be amazing. In twilight had nothing to do with being twilight. Most of the fellowship companions were a total waste of space. There were no rings, apart from the great ring which is one of the most broken cards they’ve ever printed. Oh yeah, and the watcher was not keeping in theme with the original tentacle cards (because he had to be played first so that other tentacles weren’t discarded, and the whole point of the tentacles was to play loads of them, then the Watcher).

Here is a list of characters that DEFINITELY should have been in the set and weren’t:

All 9 Nazgul
Cirdan
Bilbo
Elrond
Galadriel
Saruman

Here is a list of items that should have been in the set and weren’t:

1 copy of each of the Three
The remaining rings of the Seven and the Nine
The Elessar that gave Aragorn his name
All 3 palantir from the book
The ring of barahir
And I would have also done a weapon for Gimli and Legolas at least as well as a staff for Gandalf and Saruman.

In fact, I thought the set was so terrible, that I started making my own version of it!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:00 am
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
come on, this set was fine, name me one set that doesnt have companions that nobody uses or cards that arent a waste of cardstock...
i like the cards that came in this set
and the watcher is just fine how it is... and think about this, you have to finish off the "when you play this card" effects befor you can go through "this minion is discarded when not at a marsh" so you play the foul tentacles, then the huge tenticle, then the watcher, the watcher then keeps them from being discarded...
thats in the current rulings, when you play goes befor while this card is in play...

as for the others, im happy they didnt put all nine nazgul in it, ive seen too many nazgul in every set since return of the king... so we have enough nazgul... and the fellowship compainion all do have a purpose, but they arent really for each other\, except for the fellowship keyword

if you dont like it, then fine you dont have to, but dont try to tell me how bad it is, cause most people ive talked to likes it a lot
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:32 am
josiah_of_rohan wrote:
come on, this set was fine, name me one set that doesnt have companions that nobody uses or cards that arent a waste of cardstock...

There are none, but it wasn’t too much to ask that the final set of the game would be the first. There were only 40 cards!

As a set, it was alright, but it was a terrible and anti-climactic end to an otherwise great game (well, a great game pre-Hunters block at any rate).

josiah_of_rohan wrote:
i like the cards that came in this set

I also like some of the cards in this set (the Aragorn is really cool, for example) but that doesn’t mean I like the set.

josiah_of_rohan wrote:
and the watcher is just fine how it is... and think about this, you have to finish off the "when you play this card" effects befor you can go through "this minion is discarded when not at a marsh" so you play the foul tentacles, then the huge tenticle, then the watcher, the watcher then keeps them from being discarded...

I hadn’t thought of it like that, good point.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:10 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
your welcome...
i use those effects in my tentacle replay deck
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:44 pm
I don’t really care about those cards that really stink, like The Frodo and Sam.

I just like the new Watcher, Balrog, Aragorn, Gollum, etc.

Love AE. Very Happy
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End