LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Hazael
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:18 pm
Format: Extended Gondor - Dunland

84 card deck. ...I go through cards fast with this deck.

Fellowship:

Boromir, Bearer of Council
Faramir, Captain of Gondor
Ranger of Ithilien

Gondorian Ranger x4

Possesions:

Gondorian Blade x2
Sword of Gondor x3
Faramir’s Cloak
Shield of Boromir

Events:

Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom x4
War and Valor x4
Concealment x4
Curse Them x3
Strength of Kings x4
End of the Game x3

Conditions:

Man the Walls x4
Boromir My Brother x2

This deck is a defensive low profile deck. Moving twice each turn is not as likely, but it turns alot of these new strategic minion decks into mush. I use it along with my Dunland Discard, which stops your opponent from moving again almost garanteed.

Shadow

Dunlending Rampager x4
Dunlending Renegade x4
Dunlending Headman x4
Dunlending Ransacker x4
Dunlending Brigand x4
Dunlending Elder x4
Hillman Band x2
Hillman Horde x2
Freca, Hungry Savage x1

Possesions:

War Club x4
Hides x2

Events:

Leaping Blaze x3

Conditions:

Bound by Rage
Ready to Fall
Constantly Threatening
Over The Isen

Almost garanteed your opponent won’t want to move twice in one turn with this deck. Thats if he didn’t get overwhelmed the first time he moved. If he has a deck with less than 80 cards, he will easily deck-out trying to slow this down. 1/3 of my winnings are deck-outs, 1/3 are swarmed by site 4, and the other 1/3 were trying to out-run my fellowship to site 9 and ended up getting swarmed with a minion to companion ratio of 3:1.
And unlike most minion swarm decks... my weakest minon is a strength of 9 when I control sites or the four 7’s when I dont. Base strengths.

And when playing against elves or any archery fellowships, I just laugh and skip the archery phase and/or use hides, bound by rage.
Last edited by Hazael on Mon May 01, 2006 1:29 am; edited 18 times in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
syndrome
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:13 am
I think this is the first post that fully utilizes Cobra’s new addon ^_^

I like it!! I’ll comment on your deck after I kick its butt a couple of times, though not this week... I’m only bringing my mtg cards, I’ll bring you a deck too though, so you can still have fun.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Hazael
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:20 am
lol thx for bringing some majic for me Very Happy

edit:
Imagine this deck with change of plans!!!! That would just be way to mean. Nobody would want to play against it.

Now I have finally made the rock-paper-scissors triangle I was shooting for Very Happy

I have three main decks:
(F)Ranger/Southron.............beats.......Gondor Wraith/Dunland
(TT)Gondor Wraith/Dunland....beats.......Ranger/Dunland
(S)Ranger/Dunland..............beats.......Ranger/Southron

My Southrons can stop the Wraiths dead in there tracks with threats and archery...its no contest.
My exertion Rangers can take out the site control Dunland like they’re nothing.

My Gondor Wraiths can take out the overwhelming Dunlendings no problem with their many defender +1 capabilities, and Im not concerned about moving again when their vitality is 1. (my wraiths are not damage +1... only Aragorn, so its nice to play against Dunland)
My Dunland can take out these Rangers just by overwhelming them, and their special ability halting doesnt affect them nearly as much)

My annoying Ranger abilities can halt my many Southron events and text. Its like my Southrons are duds when I am playing against it.
My Dunland minions may be low on vitality, but its far too easy to overwhelm my Rangers with this deck. ...and my Rangers cant afford to discard cards.

Its a perfect circle....I do not have a "beat all" deck, nor a "best" deck. Makes the game interesting. Smile
But I will always like my Ranger/Southron best.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Hazael
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:56 pm
I have been having tons of fun with this Dunland strategy lately!!!

Overwhelming at sites 3 and 4, decking out phazanzar Wink before the 3rd region even comes, and the last one I played... swarmed lilboy with a ratio of 2:1 against Elves. The weakest minion was strength 9, fierce, not sure but i think damage +1. My rangers were just twiddling their thumbs and taking their time.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded