LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:27 pm
--- description ---
A deck designed to take advantage of all three of Faramir’s abilities.
--- end description ---

Starting Stuff:
Frodo, Hope of Free Peoples w/ The One Ring, The Ring of Doom
Faramir, Wizard’s Pupil
Pippin, Sworn to Service

Other Companions:
Theoden, Ednew
Eomer, Eored Captain x3
Haleth, Son of Hama
Gandalf, The White Wizard x4

Possessions/Artifacts:
Hobbit Sword x2
Ithilien Blade
Ranger’s Cloak
Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas
Gandalf’s Staff, Focus of Power
Coif
Herugrim, Sword of the Mark
Eomer’s Spear
Rider’s Mount x3
Rider’s Spear

Conditions:
Help in Doubt and Need
G for Grand x4
Hearken to Me

Followers:
Gwaihir, The Windlord
Faramir’s Company
Pallando, Far-Travelling One
Radagast, Tender of Beasts

Events:
Simbelmyne x4

38 cards, but could work. Okay. Two followers add threats for pippin, if you get more than 3, just use Frodo to remove some. The three Rohan companions are there for Theoden to spot. If you pull Eomer, you can spot him for Simbelmyne, plays your other companions. Use the possessions to beef up your companions. G for Grand is great with theoden, and pumps everyone else. Manage burdens with Shadowfax, plus, it’s a mount for Haleth. HiDaN is obvious. You have three Rohan companions to pump Faramir, and he can pump them. Then, use Faramir’s ability and take up more of the Rohan guys’ vitality to get Faramir back to work. Faramir’s company heals anyone who needs it (esp. with HiDaN around). Pallando and Alatar are for strength, but they also add 4 for Gandalf and His staff. The stable master makes theoden’s job easier. So, with full pumps, here’s your companions’ strengths:

Frodo: 9, plus the Ring of Doom if need be.
Faramir: 13
Pippin: 12
Theoden: 15
Eomer: 15
Haleth: 13
Gandalf: 17, counting on Pallando and twilight.

Plus Alatar, Gwaihir, and the Stable Master, wherever.
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:29 am; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sweet GP!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anautikus
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:50 pm
hey you did it! GP
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
Dravius
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:40 pm
I would replace alatar for radagast since you run 4 g for grand, so you would be insured to have the resistance you need on your key companions. Also, Shadowfax, greatest of the mearas is a mount (haleth), could be great to replace glamdring with it. Plus, you can add threats to increase pippin’s strenght.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:49 pm
Good ideas! GP
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Anautikus
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:15 pm
What about taking out one simbelmyne for Hearken to me? Makes a super Theoden Wink
Last edited by Anautikus on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in totalMy Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:17 pm
I considered that... but what to take out?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:25 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Taking out a copy of Simbelmyne for The Red Arrow might not be a terrible idea.

And yes, you simply HAVE to find a way to get Hearken To Me in there. Cut a copy of Eomer to squeeze it in if you have to.

I’ve always wondered what a Gondor/Rohan deck would be like.... Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:44 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hearken To Me is basically a must. +4 strength, +2 vitality when that and Herugrim are on Theoden. Couple that with 4x G for Grand...and that’s 15 strength, and 5 vitality!!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:06 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Taking out a copy of Simbelmyne for The Red Arrow might not be a terrible idea.

And yes, you simply HAVE to find a way to get Hearken To Me in there. Cut a copy of Eomer to squeeze it in if you have to.

I’ve always wondered what a Gondor/Rohan deck would be like.... Thumbs Up

Well.. the Red Arrow only plays companions from hand, so I’ll take a pass. And I’d rather not drop Eeomer, he’s the only way to play Simbelmyne.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded