LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
gil-estel
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:33 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
well, after the exhausting marathon game vs Nappy, I played yet another game. And another battle of Hobbits occured. Me and Gillian decided to play a game, allthough I was a bit reluctant. My experience with Gillian is that he plays very well thought through decks, that tend to be not so much fun for me to face.
This time I tasted my own medicine, and to say with Phoebe, it tasted bitter! He came with ringbound hobbits/Gollum, keeper of the Beasts, vs mine ringbound hobbits/resistance Uruks. He had a Smeagol twist, were I played the 3 hobbits with Sam as ringbearer.
The game was very exciting, at least to me it was. He had a lot of burdens, right from the start, so his companions were on limited resistance. I managed to self-assign some times, due to my conditions and they made sure the burdens stayed on Frodo.
On the other side I was facing a lot of threats and Gollum that benefited from them. He was inspired by my deck -I assume- and he made a few adjustments. Slippery as Fishes made Gollum rather strong.
The end of it was that I have faced 2 times the Balrog, Demon of Might and one time Sauron, The Lord of the Rings. Still, I managed to survive, which proves to me how versatile the little basterds are.
He walked ahead and when he came to site 7 I played Mount Doom. He was almost corrupted, because of the Throne of the Dark Lord....what an awesome card is that!! He made a double move from 7-9 and at site 9 he faced 7 Uruks, with 4 companions. Sadly Frodo could pass the ring -just before he died- over to Sam, so Gillian won...But nevertheless, a great game!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Gillian
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:14 pm
Game sure was exciting, and hard to play. My freepeople plays with lot of burdens, and Gils resistance uruks with assigning were very hard matchup, because he could avoid to fight against Bilbo, who is my best burden removal option. Throne of Dark lord didn’t help me eather. But fact that resistance Uruks are not fierce gave alowed me double move 7-9 because of Sams abbility to take ring if Frodo dies. Sam canceled skrimish with No wisitors, and take ring later when Frodo dies..
Gil I have to tell you that you have made big mistake on site 2, that mistake probably cost you a win in this match, but I will not tell what that mistake were..
My mistake was Playing Sauron instead of Balrog on site 7.
Since game I’ve made 2 more changes in shadow, and later I may have more changes. This shadow can be even better..
gil-estel
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:16 pm
Another game, but this time a win for me!

NB fruitloops vs my Lonely Smeagol/tentacle swarm

I started to move, with not much support for Smeagol. I manipulated the sitepaths however, which allowed me to move from 1-3 making a grand total of 3 twilight total. He played 2 Hides and a Howdah.
He generated a considerable greater amount of twilight which allowed me to play some tentacles. Another double move from my side, surviving a gollum that could discard to become 2 stronger. Nasty made me survive.
At side 4 I threw a 9 minion swarm at him, so his Smeagol and an Ent died. That nuked his deck, because Smeagol is important and Treebeard couldn’t be played anymore, because of the dead Ent.
This made it easier for me, cause the Uruk Zealot he played at me, had to be returned, for there was no Uruk to spot!! This way I was able to finish the game like a sunday’s afternoon walk. Great game NB, and I’m proud being the first to have beaten FruitLoops!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
NappyKorn
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:20 pm
Holy Crap, that is so awesome fruitloops bites the dust Thumbs Up. I bet NB was greatly upset Laughing . Congrats G-E that is quite a victory Applause .
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
TheJord
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:18 pm
My Gandalf RB and Rohan/Bouncing Merry with Orc Wargs

vs

NB’s Rainbow Exerting/Wounding with Rainbow Threat/Exerting/Wounding

I had such a horrible setup with my minions, I had one warg for the first 7 sites... his FP was gobbling up my minions. Eowyn massacred anyone who did survive. It was higly frustrating, I’ve neer seen wargs perform so poorly.

I got a good setup with my Fellowship, which requires Home and Hearth and Merry to allow Gandalf to survive corruption. His threats were nullifying Shadowfax, GotM.

When it came down to it, NB stopped at site 8 with me at site 6. He believed he could kill me, having not yet killed anyone. He wasnt pulling enough conditions so that meant no Lackey death. He forgot I had Radagast out so I tripled to 9 and he couldnt kill me.

Winner: Me, but more like a draw
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
Mythdracon
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:36 pm
What is Fruit Loops? And it’s funny, my friend spotted the same way to keep Gandalf from corruption using Home and Hearth and bouncing Merry. XD
TheJord
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:41 pm
Just so he knows, Merry is not enough by himself to prevent corruption to a Gandalf RB.

Fruit Loops is a broken Open combo that heals all of your companions, kills all of their minions, decks you out and puts all of Free Peoples cards in hand, and makes the move limit +infinite.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
Mythdracon
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:57 pm
How? What kinda companions, events and such does Fruit Loops include? O_o
Glorfindel
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:52 pm
Anyone for a game?
I’m online for next 2 hours
gil-estel
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:33 pm
Ah, two reports in one for me!

Gloin with his gang/LttG bomb vs Nappy’s Dwarven/NG

Frodo took a few burdens to fetch some rings, which means I’m happy. Slowly I was working on the filter, preparing the bomb, but his Shelob made Gloin useless. Still I was able to pull it of. LttG generated 7 burdens! I win...

Gloin with his gang/LttG bomb vs AP’s Gandalf/Huorn/NG

Frodo took 2 burdens, but he could have 12...yikes! Well. We both moved once everytime. He was a bit confused with my shadow, even when he took a look in my hand. Probably he didn’t know LttG and didn’t pay too much attention to it. I was anxious, because I knew I was a deadman when his shadow was completely set-up. I made it to 6 with 2 comps dead, and Gimli and Durin wore a Treacherous little Toad. I moved and I made it!
When he moved to side 7 I released the bomb, but I only generated 9 extra burdens! I was dissapointed and used some foul language....in Holland it isn’t that bad though but if I have offended you AP, I’m really sorry -used the english word for feaces-. But hey, not only did I put the LttG bomb in to work, also did I deploy a little swarm....5 minions vs his 3 companions...frodo got killed!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion