LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
NBarden
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:13 pm
The clear intent of the card is that it can be transferred to ANY fellowship companion, so I’ll play with that.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:46 pm
bibfortuna25 wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:
bibfortuna25 wrote:
The first bearer must be a Shire companion. When you transfer it, it can go on any fellowship companion, no matter what their culture is.

Wrong. Bearer is not then a Shire companion. Simple as.

You’re right, it isn’t. But the card only requires that the bearer must be Shire when you play it. When it transfers, any fellowship companion can bear it.

Where does it say bearer must be a shire companion ONLY when you play it? It says bearer must be.... Thats it. Not "under special circumstances" always bearer must be a shire companion.

By the way Bib i totally see where youre coming from and i understand in fact im not sure either way and i dont think you can clearly define the answer but im arguing logic and card text.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:12 pm
They need to issue clarification...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:20 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Yeah, like that’ll happen. Rolling Eyes
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anautikus
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:29 pm
Just play it the way you want it to then Wink
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:09 pm
The card itself says it can be borne by others than those you can play it on. All cards do what they say.
All cards do what they say.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:07 pm
First off, the card was honestly intended to be transfered to non-Shire companions (so long as they are fellowship companions) so you might as well just play it that way.

And... if you want to get technical, the card never says on it it would be discarded if bearer is not a Hobbit. It just says bearer must be a hobbit. So, if its bearer is not a hobbit... but it must be borne by a hobbit... what happens? The world explodes? Laughing
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:43 pm
NBarden wrote:
SWEET! WTG choke, here I come....

I was going to ask that question, but this came up first. I’m making my own rendition of the WTG choke on SDA, so beware!

Yes, it says transfer to any Fellowship companion, I’ll just go with that.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
lem0nhead
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:15 am
elf lvr wrote:
First off, the card was honestly intended to be transfered to non-Shire companions (so long as they are fellowship companions) so you might as well just play it that way.

And... if you want to get technical, the card never says on it it would be discarded if bearer is not a Hobbit. It just says bearer must be a hobbit. So, if its bearer is not a hobbit... but it must be borne by a hobbit... what happens? The world explodes? Laughing

No u just dont transfer it in the first place cos it says bearer must be a shire companion, so you cant select a non shire companion as your target to transfer it to. All cards do what they say Bib. If u say im transferring it to aragorn id veto that saying the bearer wont be a shire companion so youre cheating.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:18 pm
But the card says it can be borne by other fellowship companions. All cards do what they say.

Just like if a Southron is bearing a Mumak. If a card causes the Southron to lose all of his keywords, the Mumak stays on him even though he’s no longer a Southron.

Rabbit Stew must be initially played on a Shire companion, but it can later be transferred to any fellowship companion. This is the only correct answer on the subject.
All cards do what they say.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions