LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
41%
  [ 5 ]  41%

41%
  [ 5 ]  41%

16%
  [ 2 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:24 pm
The article itself was fairly good, but I must say this deck has a good deal of weaknesses:

Dunland: Any decent Dunland deck will rip this deck apart, because Hides will take advantage of the large amount of twilight, and War Club will get rid of your possessions faster than you could handle.

Corruption: The Ring-bearer has only 8 resistance, and you have no burden removal included. In addition, Isildur’s ability can aid the Shadow side in corrupting you.

Corsairs: They will drop your weapons, and overwhelm with their host of large minions (who will be easily played, since there will be so much twilight).

Smeagol also doesn’t seem worth it, as other reviewers mentioned. He seems just a bit too much for this deck.

I agree with Hazael in that this article is in no way too long. The longer the better, if it is written in a good way.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Hazael
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:55 pm
I agree Anxious Chieftain.

Not only War Club, but Ravage the Defeated, Wild Man Raid, Dunlending Pillager, Secret Folk, No Defense, and more I’m sure.
...but the worste would be: Constantly Threatening & Ready to Fall to take advantage of the twilight.

I dont know much about corsairs.

I just can’t seem to find a great strategy for Rohan myself, but this one is the best I’ve seen so far. ...once you take out smeagle and put in shadowplays. Then, it will be better for corruption and better for exhausting minions before the skirmish phase. I think the costs are something you will have to live with when playing with a Rohan deck like this.

edit: I was thinking...
You could put Frodo, Frenzied Fighter to defend yourself against shadowplayers taking advantage of the high twilight with tons of minons.
And Merry, Swordthain to get your possesions back from your dicards pile and be used for Shadowplay exertions (the wounds get removed when you put him in your hand)
And Shadowplay to help exhaust minons before the skirmish phase
And like AdultLink said, Pressing On if you wanted control of playing sites

Looking forward to reading your next article*
Last edited by Hazael on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:22 pm; edited 8 times in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Theoden_Horse-master
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:02 pm
Loved the article, 5 from me. Cool
~Death they cried, with one voice loud and terrible~
Cobra
Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:45 pm
Congratulations to Sup3rZ3ro! This article ties for 2nd place in the February 2006 LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
ingold55
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:51 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
congradulations Sup3rz3ro!
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest