LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
man_flesh
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:20 pm
Ok, so I think an introduction is in order. I have been reading the forums here and on decipher forever. I see a lot of people here have migrated from D. I finally decided to make a profile and start contributing.
Anyways, here is the deck list:
Freeps only

The one ring-great ring
Frodo weary from journey
Smeagol Slinker-starting
Sam son of hamfast-starting
Bilbo aged ring bearer-starting

poor wretch x 3
herbs and stewed rabbit x3
Prized Lagan x2
The Tale of the great ring x2
nice fishx4
Gladden homestead x2
A Promise x3

Hobbit Appetite x4
Don’t follow the lights x3
Concerning hobbits x3

Sting Baggins Heirloom
Hobbit swordx2

Poor wretch and Herbs and stewed rabit, along with his burden pump, makes Smeagol win, Don’t follow lights gets rid of scaries, Nice fish gets tokens and heals sam who then removes burdens. Hobbit appetite is their to heal sam to get rid of more burdens. Bilbo also removes burdens. Conserning hobbits and Tale of the great ring are there to make sure bilbo and sam live when they to fight. Gladden homesteads takes care of pesky conditions.
I have tried this a few times with my play group and it has done well.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks

P.s. I need gold Very Happy
What is it? What do you smell?
NBarden
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:17 pm
EVIL! YOU USE BROKEN CARDS!!!!! Razz

Cut Prized Lagan or nobody will play you.

j/k, nice deck, four ring-bearers is usually run as ring-bound hobbits with a Smeagol, Simple Stoor combo, or ring-bound hobbits with a Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets.

Anyway, you need some Golden Perch Ale, and instead of Sam, Son of Hamfast, use Sam, Great Elf Warrior. Since you’re running NPE anyway, might as well run Daddy Twofoot, Next-Door Neighbor with No Visitors Razz

Nice Fish isn’t all that necessary, and since its an open format deck anyway, might as well use The Shire Countryside. But if you do keep Nice Fish, be sure to use a Fishing Boat to take full advantage of it. Smeagol, the Unkillable. Cut Poor Wretch for There’s Another Way, does the exact same thing, only better. You can also cut 2x Don’t Follow the Lights and grab with Dammed Gate-Stream.

Welcome to the boards, BTW! Another decipher refugee!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
man_flesh
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:55 am
Thanks for the input I did not think about shire countryside. That will fit in nicely. I playtested golden perch but I found that I had a hard time acquiring tokens. What is the best way to get the hobbits to win in this deck?
Sorry to sound like an idiot but what does npe stand for? Anyways, thanks again for the help.

PS do you think the player’s council (once it is formed) will ban prized lagan?
NBarden
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:25 am
NPE- Negative Player Experience. Unfair cards such as Prized Lagan, The Shire Countryside, and other cards that are just so overpowered they make the game not fun.

I would use Sudden Fury to make them win, and Sam, Great Elf Warrior. Pumps like Hobbit Intuition are also nice, and can be grabbed with Daddy Twofoot if need be.

Just saw Hobbit Appetite, and you don’t need it at all. Cut it for Sudden Fury.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
man_flesh
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:40 am
Ok, so I took some of your suggestions and I think this will really work well. I am going to test it on lotr night at my local game store.
I think the title of this deck should be Smeagol the tank instead.

Starting (same)
Frodo weary
slinker
sam son of hamfast
bilbo aged ring bearer
one ring-the great ring (I may go with ring of doom)

herbs and stewed rabbit x3
there’s another way x3
gladden homestead x2
nice fishx3

concerning hobbits x3
don’t follow the lights x3
hobbit appetite x4
no visitors x4
community living

hobbit sword x2
sting baggins hierloom
fishing boat

daddy two foot x2

Ok, so there is a cool combo here. Bilbo reads at the start of each skirmish you can remove a burden for each ring bound hobbit (which will be 2) See the combo with no visitors? You net one burden removed every time bilbo skirmishes and then cancel. THis works perfect with slinker. I still kept sam sohf because he helps smeagol tank. Also There’s another way can play damned gatestream which can then fetch fishing boat to reinforce nice fish.
Community living is because I lack a third daddy. I still may make some changes. I am not sure I am going to need concerning hobbits. I did not use shire counrtyside because most of my burden removal is from text. I still love don’t follow the lights cause it gets rid of scaries and then you can run.
Thanks for the help again.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:52 am
For sure use Smeagol, Simple Stoor with Deagol, Fateful Finder if you’re running tank. Try this.

Frodo, Weary from the Journey
The One Ring, The Great Ring

Sam, Great Elf Warrior
Bilbo, Aged Ring-Bearer
Smeagol, Simple Stoor

Deagol, Fateful Finder x 4
Daddy Twofoot, Next-Door Neighbor

Sting, Baggins Heirloom
Hobbit Sword x 2
Fishing Boat

Sudden Fury x 4
Golden Perch Ale x 2
The Shire Countryside x 4
Nice Fish x 4

No Visitors x 3
Community Living x 3
Naked Waste x 3

Bilbo peels enough burdens, the Shire Countryside heals. From there, just waltz on through the minions.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open