LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:10 am
Here is an idea for an expanded deck that I plan to try out in the near future. I focuses on Gimli, BoG and Gandalf, TGP.

Starting Fellowship:
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges w/ The One Ring, Such a weight to Carry
Gandalf, The Grey Pilgrim

Companions:
Gandalf, Leader of the Company x2

Artifacts:
Narya
Gandalf’s Staff
Ring of Fury

Possessions:
Glamdring
Gandalf’s Pipe x2
Old Toby x3
Gimli’s Battle Axe
Gimli’s Pipe
Dwarven Bracers
Hand Axe
Gimli’s Helm x2
Dwarven Armor x2

Conditions:
Proud and Able x2
Salve
Sent Back x2

Events:
A Wizard is Never Late
Roll of Thunder
Deep in Thought x2
Mysterious Wizard x3
Under the Living Earth x2
Fireworks x3
Sharp Defense x3
Honed x3

Strategy: The whole idea is that you have a fair choke deck, with two uberstrong companions that can take anything. Gimli wont die too easily with a Dwarven Armor and there is plenty of wound prevention. With Gandalf’s Pipe, you can use the Old Tobys to remove the burdens that Gimli adds when he skirmishes and if Gandalf dies, (which may happen), you can use A Wizard is never late and get Leader of the Company back, whose ability will help out better in later sites. My friends whom I will play this against all have Condition-Heavy shadow sides so I added 2 Deep in thought to deal with that.

fufufu kufufu!
(if you know what that means, you’re the coolest!)
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:11 pm
I like the idea especially beacuse I think pipes were never used.
I would leave Roll of thunder out unless you are playing against Grond.One won’t do much against Corsairs.
Cobra
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:45 pm
Why A Wizard is Never Late if there are no characters to play outside of your starting fellowship? Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:08 pm
Cobra wrote:
Why A Wizard is Never Late if there are no characters to play outside of your starting fellowship? Cool

It helped me 2 out of the 6 games I played with this deck today. When my Gandalf dies (which happened 2/3s or more of the time) I got "A Wizard is Never Late" and used that to play Gandalf, Leader of the Company from my draw deck with Sent Back. And any possessions/artifacts he was carrying when he died, I can get back with Fireworks...

This deck went 5-1 today. I only lost once because my friend outran me. The first game I played I held on by a string. I was at 5 burdens when I had 6 resistane, 7 burdens and had 8 resistance, 9 burdens w/10 resistance all the way to the end. It was crazy.
AdultLink
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:39 am
I think you are in error with the way you are using Sent Back and A Wizard is Never Late. Stop me if I’m wrong. Sent Back specifies the playing of Gandalf from the dead pile as a Fellowship action marked in bold as Fellowship. But A Wizard is Never Late is a fellowship event which must be used as a seperate action. Therefore, to trigger Sent Back, it must be used as it’s own seperate action, which requires you have a copy of Gandalf in Hand. Plus, why have A Wizard is Never Late in rather than just an extra Gandalf anyway? At least an extra copy of Gandalf can heal him.
Haves/Wants
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:41 am
AdultLink wrote:
I think you are in error with the way you are using Sent Back and A Wizard is Never Late. Stop me if I’m wrong. Sent Back specifies the playing of Gandalf from the dead pile as a Fellowship action marked in bold as Fellowship. But A Wizard is Never Late is a fellowship event which must be used as a seperate action. Therefore, to trigger Sent Back, it must be used as it’s own seperate action, which requires you have a copy of Gandalf in Hand. Plus, why have A Wizard is Never Late in rather than just an extra Gandalf anyway? At least an extra copy of Gandalf can heal him.

Heh, you are right, I guess I’d be better off with another Gandalf instead...

Man, I should really know this stuff by now. Grr!
Hazael
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:50 am
He corrupted my ring-bearer with this deck. Mad

It was so close Sad

but i have bragging rights to beating phazanzar at site 4 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
syndrome
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:43 am
Hazael wrote:

It was so close Sad

but i have bragging rights to beating phazanzar at site 4 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Because of stupid little technicalities. Razz
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:15 am
Phazanzar wrote:
Hazael wrote:

It was so close Sad

Because of stupid little technicalities. Razz

QTF.... sure Phazanzar...sure
AdultLink
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:03 am
One of my friends got beat at site 1 before. That’s the all-time most embarrassing situation. He played a hobbit sword on his Frodo and the shadow player answered with A Dark Shape Sprang and the Gollum who discards a card from hand to make him strength +2 against a R-bound companion. Wow!
Haves/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded