LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)
NBarden
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:45 pm
--- description ---
Green mana, blue lockdown.
--- end description ---

Well...I designed a deck somewhat like this, but the problem was it didn’t have enough mana to throw the game into a true lockdown. So I thought I’d try a different technique. Green loves mana, so why not exploit them?

Island x 8
Forest x 8
Llanowar Elves x 4
Birds of Paradise x 4

Green

Explosive Vegetation x 4
Hunting Wilds x 4

Bringer of the Green Dawn x 4
Physcotrope Thallid x 3
Savage Thallid x 3
Sporesower Thallid x 4

Blue

Arcane Laboratory x 4

Counterspell x 2
Boomerang x 4

Colorless

Isochron Scepter x 4

Use your cards to grab lands straight from your deck and put them in play, giving you PLENTY of mana. Imprint two Countrspell on two Isochron Scepter and imprint Boomerang on another. That throws them into lockdown, and anything that gets past it gets nailed with the Bomerang-ed Scepter. Get your Thallids out slowly but surely, let your Thallids generate freely in a locked down game, along with Bringer of the Green Dawn. Saprolings, and your 3/3 beast creatures start coming off everywhere, proceed to pummel opponent, while they do nothing but waste spells and get permanents bounced back to hand.
Last edited by NBarden on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:00 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I’d just stick in some Isochron Scepters and Mystical Teachings to find the right instants (so you’d only need 1-2 Spell Burst), up the Counterspell count to 4, bring in 4 Force Spike, and pack a few Boomerangs. Stick a ’rang in a Scepter, and a Counterspell (or, even better, Memory Lapse) on the other one, and you’re good to go. Just counter stuff with Shroud, or the one-sided shroud like Troll Ascetic and Silhana Ledgewalker.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:03 pm
Wait, so would I be able to pack Counterspell with a couple Isochron Scepter to throw the game into a lockdown? And if I use the scepter, does that count as a spell use? Or can I counter with a scepter throwing the game into lockdown and still be able to play my Thallids?

And more importantly, what do I cut? Dawn’s Reflection? (Since I’d no longer need the insane amount of mana required by Spellburst. Rolling Eyes)
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:25 pm
The Scepter is actually a bit tricky, since you copy the spell imprinted on it, but you PLAY it, so yes, it counts. However, you have infinite counterspells for the rest of the game during your turn, and you can just counter spells during theirs, and then bounce anything that needs to be bounced on your turn, or play some thallids. An easier (and REALLY expensive) way of locking them easier is Isochron Scepter + Orim’s Chant, since you PLAY the spell imprinted, so you can pay the kicker cost as well everytime you copy it.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:36 pm
HOLY COW!

Next deck, Isochron Scepter/Orim’s Chant Lockdown! Shocked

Who needs to attack anyway?

Wow. That’s a powerful combo there... Shocked
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:42 am
Actually, this i already a widely popular decklist, just run a web search and you’re sure to find some. If not, try searching at magicleague.com
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)