LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

33%
  [ 4 ]  33%

66%
  [ 8 ]  66%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
ugluk
Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:05 pm
--- description ---
This Deck is based on the Book "The Hobbit" of the Master JRR Tolkien, it’s very fun to play and it have a good strategy(Standard), it’s for all fans of The Hobbit and Tolkien.
--- end description ---

The Hobbit’s Deck :

Bilbo, Bearer of Things Burgled
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

FREE-PEOPLE: (38Cards)

Companions:
1- Dain Ironfoot, King Under The Mountain (STARTER) (Like Thorin
Oakenshield)
1- Brand, King of Dale (STARTER) (Like Bard The Archer)
4- Gandalf, Leader of The Company (Like Gandalf The Wizard)
3- Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain (Like Beorn)
1- Erland, Dale Counselor (Like Master of Lake-Town)
2- Gloin, Son of Groin (Like Gloin!!!)

Possessions:
2- Sting, Weapon of Heritage
2- Glamdring, Foe-Hammer
1- Shadowfax, Unequaled Steed
1- Gandalf’s Staff, Ash-staff
3- Axe of Khazad-Dum
2- Dwarven Bracers
1- Ring of Fury (Artifact)
1- Ring of Guile (Artifact)

Conditions:
4- G for Grand
1- Watch and Wait
2- Pallando, Far-traveling One (yes it’s Follower!)

Events:
4- The Flame of Anor
2- The Terror of His Coming

SHADOW : (38 Cards)

Minions:
2- The Balrog, The Terror of Khazad-Dum (Like Smaug The Dragon)
2- Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace (Like The Three Trolls, Tom, Bert & William)
2- Denizen of Moria
4- Denizen of The Black Pit
4- Denizen of Khazad-Dum (Like The Goblins of The Misty Mountains)
4- Frenzied Orc
4- Skulking Goblin
2- Orkish Smith
2- Gollum, Hopeless (Gollum must be in The Hobbit deck!)

Conditions:
4- Goblin Hordes
4- Spurred to Battle
4- Unforgiving Depths

SITES :
ALL UNDERGROUND SITES!!! The Bridge of Khazad-Dum for the Balrog etc, etc, etc...
Remember the sites are only for the Shadow, Free people must be for resisting to any site.

STRATEGY :
The Fellow must be ready before the 5 site, Gandalf is very important for the strategy of this deck, like G for Grand and Grimbeorn. This is the base of the Deck. These cards should be in the game before you move to 4 site.

G FOR GRAND : Provide +1 Strength. Total +4 (for all companions!!)
The companions must be 6 or more resistance.

GANDALF: REGION 1: +2 (except Gandalf) REGION 2: +1 (for all)
REGION 3: +2 (only for Gandalf)

BRAND: +1 for all companions (except Gandalf, Bilbo and Brand)

BILBO: Only must survive. And never add 2 Burdens, add 3 twilight if the twilight pool has 2 or fewer.

ONE RING – Ring of Doom: The best ring of all, it’s similar to Answer to All Riddles but Ring of Doom can add +3 of strength to The Ringbearer.

Dain Ironfoot: Reduce the cost -1 of your characters, dwarves and men of Gandalf Culture. And you can discard minions in reagrup discarding your Conditions from play. Two excellent abilities.

Grimbeorn: Amazing! With the conditions and abilities can be 11(in R1) 10 (in R2) And 9 (in R3) of strength, exert twice and discard the Balrog from hand and add +17 of Strength to Grimbeorn. Total: 26 of strength more the events! Don’t Forgive Heal Grimbeorn at the Start of each Turn!!

Gloin: Make draw 3 cards each time he wins a skirmish, very good.

Erland: Return your skirmish events from your discard pile (Flame of Arnor & The Terror His Coming). Remember than this deck has a few events.

Flame of Arnor: Very good events like Servants of Secret Fire, only you must spot 3 G culture Companions. Even you can save Bilbo.

Glamdring: Win and remove a burden, simply.

Sting: Exert Bilbo to make a companion resistance +2. You Don’t Forgive than G for Grand it`s only for companions of 6 o more Resistance!!

Axe of Khazad Dum: Only +2 of strength..

Dwarven Bracers: +1 strength and prevent wounds.

Ring of Fury : The fellowship don’t have damage bonus, this is a problem for the movement of the fellow and for the fierce skirmish, Damage +2 and strength +1 it’s good. ( This ring is for Dain )

Ring of Guile: +1 and Damage +1.

Shadowfax: + 2 of Resistance, and prevents wound to Gandlaf, Gandalf Can’t DIE!!.

Pallando: The bearer of pallando must be Gandalf or Grimbeorn. Discard a Shadow Condition for a turn it’s very fun. =). Even two conditions against Fierce Shadows!

Wait and Wait: Each time bearer wins a skirmish you may remove a Burden!!. This deck works with the resistance of companions. Wait and Wait is very important against Add Burden Decks.

The Terror of His Coming: Make a Companion ( G Culture ) strength +2. And you can take a condition (G Culture) from your discard pile into hand, it’s perfect to return your G for Grand or Watch and wait discarded to Shadow players. But only in Dwelling or Battleground Site, you have only 1 site Battleground (The Bridge of Khazad Dum), you must play this site to play the balrog or this event to return a condition, remember than Erland can return this event from your discard pile.

Gandalf’s Staff – Ash Staff: +1 Vitality for Gandalf. Gain Muster and each time Gandalf wins a skirmish, shadow player must wound a minion. You must know the exactly moment to use this ability, sometimes one wound can determinate to move or to stay the fellowship. Also make Gandalf 5 of vitality, Gandalf can’t DIE!!! (he is too much important)

THE SHADOW:
The shadow is easy to play, Goblin Hordes make the work, and all the sites must be Underground. With Unforgiving Depths change the fellowship sites (for your Underground Sites) to control the game with Goblin Hordes and to play your orcs (swarm) and the Cave Troll.

Orkish Smith returns your discarded conditions into play (Goblin Hordes, Spurred to Battle & Unforgiving Depths). Only are two, but you can play with the Goblin Hordes.

The Balrog has two functions: fight (and kill) and to be discarded by Grimbeorn.

Gollum take the archery wounds and with his ability even can fight ( now the ringbearers are very strong, better for Gollum!)

Frenzied Orc is very good against fellowship of many companions, each character skirmishing with orc culture minion is -2 of strength.

Cave Troll of Moria has Toil 2 use it when you have many orcs on play to swarm.

Unforgiving Depths: if you can spot 3 underground sites each orc gain Muster, good against fellowship players move quickly. Also Replace sites with your underground sites. Don’t think, just use it.

Spurred to Battle: to play exert an orc culture minion. At the start of the shadow phase, add 1. Even you can add 4 twilight token (if 4 conditions are in play).Excellent!

Remember Goblin Hordes say: “when the fellow moves FROM an underground site, you can take a minion (orc culture) from your discard pile into hand”. You understand me.

I am expect that you like and enjoy this deck. Very Happy
Bye

Juan Pablo. The White Wizard.
Last edited by ugluk on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:04 pm; edited 6 times in total
Hazael
Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:45 pm
I dont have the time to read it now, but I just wanted to say that you should add comas between the name and the text below the name. Intead of a "-", so we can have a link to the cards. Smile
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
hblika
Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:23 pm
Why Bilbo, Bearer of Things Burgled?? Since you have no Shire tales in your deck, it doesn’t make any sense... He doesn’t do you any good, and if you happen to choke the pool you have to pay the cost. Heck, any Frodo RB would be better, just because of his higher resistance. Am I missing something here? The only thing I can think of is that it’s cooler with a foil RB...

Since this post really belongs in the Deck Clinic forum, I’m not going to rate it Razz
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
AdultLink
Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:37 pm
I believe you are missing the point that he wrote about in the description: that he was making a deck based on "The Hobbit" in which Bilbo is the main character. Hence, he uses the Bilbo Ringbearer. It might not have anything to do with strategy but it makes perfect sense to the deck. I really thought the article was creative. And I love the Hobbit!
Haves/Wants
hblika
Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:34 pm
AdultLink wrote:
I believe you are missing the point that he wrote about in the description: that he was making a deck based on "The Hobbit" in which Bilbo is the main character. Hence, he uses the Bilbo Ringbearer. It might not have anything to do with strategy but it makes perfect sense to the deck. I really thought the article was creative. And I love the Hobbit!

hblika wrote:

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for answering my question!
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
syndrome
Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:56 pm
I’d assume you’d put "there and back again" in it.

Interesting idea, I like it.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
ugluk
Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:23 pm
YeeeS "There and Back Again" Like the story writed by Bilbo Bagins (not Frodo Bagins!!!)
And the tales are not necessary!

This Deck can be better easly, the most don’t understand The Idea of this Deck..

But the idea (my idea) is the best.

Remember, it is a game for play and fun
YourStinkenFace
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:40 pm
the deck is not sposed to win, other people. It’s sposed to be a just for fun thing.
"SOMEONE..."
"Was there sposed to be anything more to that phrase?"
"Shut up! Shut your mouth, you!"
-The Cloak
www.filmcow.com
gizlivadi
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:22 pm
Joined: 07 Jul 2007 Posts: 110 Location: how to keep a stupid busy? (read my signature)
i think you should add more tales (and red book of westmarch) and more... PIPEWEED! just kidding but it would be fun Very Happy
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:23 pm
I think that you should stop bumping old articles...it gets annoying...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest