LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:18 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
elf lvr wrote:
Wyvern Mount RedWhite
Creature - Wyvern
Flying.
2: Wyvern Mount becomes an artifact and equips target creature. Equipped creature is +1/+1 and has flying.
You didn’t have to be a good fighter to be a wyvern rider. You just have to know how to hold on.
1/1
C

Not entirely sure the wording exists, but then again, nothing like this exists, so it’s fine for me. However, mind you, bonuses are trated with "get(s)", while stactic abilities are treated with gain or has, depending on wether the effect is permanent or not. The "is +1/+1" wording is a lot LotR-ish. Also, PLEASE, for God’s sake, DROP THE TWILIGHT SYMBOLS! They look TERRIBLE! Wink

Lloyd, the White Wolf 4WhiteWhite
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
First Strike.
When you play Lloyd, if Red was spent to play him, it has double strike.
Whenever Lloyd attacks and isn’t blocked, you may have him deal first strike damage to target creature instead of your opponent.
Daein’s general isn’t satisfied with directing from the rear. He strikes like lightning through the enemy’s front lines.
3/4
R

Remember, even though it’s a legendary creature, and an important character, he’s still being summoned by you, a mighty Planeswalker, to fight for you, so they’re treated as "it".

King’s Spire
Land
King’s Spire comes into play tapped.
Tap: Add White to your mana pool.
Legendcycling - 3RedWhite
R

Too good? I tried to cost it high.

Actually, too impossible. "Legend" is not a type of creature in any way, it’s a supertype that adds to it. Such is, that if it was, in fact, a type, ANY legendary creature in play at the same time as another one would cause’em both to blow up, and that 2 Mistform Ultimus would do the same thing. You could simply change the text a bit to make it: "3Red[W]Sacrifice King’s Spire: Search your library for a legendary creature, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards".

Pharaean Battlements
Legendary Land
Pharaean Battlments comes into play tapped.
Tap: Add 1 to your many pool.
RedWhiteTap: Put a 1/1 Wyvern creature token with flying into play.
R

Looks balanced enough.

I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:24 pm
Daein Recruit 1Red
Creature - Goblin
Hasty
Radiance - Sacrifice Daein Recruit: Daein Recruit deals 1 damage to target blocking creature and each creature that shares a color with it.
Sometimes goblins must be sacrificed. Don’t worry. It’s what they’re there for. -Lloyd
1/1
C

Daein Footsoldier 1White
Creature - Human Soldier
While you control a mountin, this creature is +1/+0 and has first strike.
Rough and untrained farmhands and nomads may not be the most skilled fighters, but they fight all the harder when their homeland is at stake.
2/1
C

Wyvern’s Roar 2White
Instant
Radiance - Tap target creature and each creature that shares a color with it.
The roars of the wyverns sent all but the most hardened veterens fleeing for their lives.
U
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:54 am
elf lvr wrote:
Alright, Felipe. Point taken. How would YOU word these cards (trying to keep with the original idea) because I’m now totally lost on how to do it.

Now, that’s kinda tricky... Let me try a hand on it:

Flying Wyvern 1Red/White
Artifact Creature - Wyvern Equipment
Flying
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and gains flying (as long as Flying Wyvern is attached to a creature, it’s power and toughness values are ignored).
Equip 2
1/1

Or, if the idea is making a flying mount that, even after it’s rider got knocked out, keeps on fighting, it COULD be something like:

Wild Wyvern 2Red/White
Enchantment Creature - Wyvern
Flying
2Red/White: Wild Wyvern becomes an aura enchanting target creature. While Wild Wyvern is an aura, enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has flying. If enchanted creature leaves play, Wild Wyvern becomes a creature.
2/2

Or you could just lose the idea ofit getting back to start beating again, and just letting it die with it’s rider, Eragon-style.
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:06 am
elf lvr wrote:
Daein Recruit 1Red
Creature - Goblin
Haste
Radiance - Sacrifice Daein Recruit: Daein Recruit deals 1 damage to target blocking creature and each creature that shares a color with it.
Sometimes goblins must be sacrificed. Don’t worry. It’s what they’re there for. -Lloyd
1/1
C

Just reworded it, becuase now damage HAS to have a definite source, so a player can be sure if protection from red applies, etc. It also clears a lot of doubt with the stack, since it makes it CLEAR that a creature CAN deal its damage even AFTER leaving play. Otherwise nice.

Daein Footsoldier 1White
Creature - Human Soldier
While you control a mountain, this creature gets +1/+0 and has first strike.
Rough and untrained farmhands and nomads may not be the most skilled fighters, but they fight all the harder when their homeland is at stake.
2/1
C

Very nice! Like a BLade of the Sixth Pride, but slighty better due to the basically RedWhite cost or dual-ownage! Very Happy

Wyvern’s Roar 2RedWhite
Instant
Radiance - Tap target creature and each creature that shares a color with it.
The roars of the wyverns sent all but the most hardened veterens fleeing for their lives.
U

Kind of weird for a red ability, I’d keep it at white (not ALL cards have to be multi-colored, you know Wink ) and lower the cost to a MAXIMUM of 2White at common, otherwise, sucks badly. Check Gigadrowse for reference. Sure, it may cost more depending on the number of creatures, but then again, it also taps lands if you want to deny your opponent mana, and since it has replicate,a single counterspell won’t do, they’ll have to counter each copy or use something like Stifle or Trickbind before countering.
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:27 am
Breeding Pits 2RedWhite
Put a 1/1 Wyvern creature token with flying into play.
Storm.
The breeding pits echoed with the howls of the newborn.
C

Forblaze 2RedRedRed
Instant
As an additional cost to playing Forblaze, tap 3 untapped red creatures you control.
Deal 10 damage to each creature your opponent controls. They can’t be regenerated.
Holy fire fueled by the souls of the wicked.

Zephiel, Rider of Daein 6RedWhite
Convoke.
When Zephiel comes into play, you may pay 3. If you do, put a Wyvern creature from your graveyard into play equipping Zephiel.
Each other Soldier and Wyvern you control is +1/1.
We will not cower in our castles. We have no reason to hide from you. We will fight, and we will win! - Zephiel
5/5
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:27 am
elf lvr wrote:
Breeding Pits 2RedWhite
Put a 1/1 Wyvern creature token with flying into play.
Storm.
The breeding pits echoed with the howls of the newborn.
C

Please man, for God’s sake, lose the twilight symbols... It’s SO weird! And it just looks plain bad next to mana symbols. I don’t see this card as a very good one, since cards like these tend to try and win with larger numbers, and Empty the Warrens gives you twice as many tokens for an easier mana cost. But the idea is still cool, and it might work out in-block.

Forblaze 5RedRedRed
Instant
As an additional cost to playing Forblaze, tap 3 untapped red creatures you control.
Deal 10 damage to each creature your opponent controls. They can’t be regenerated.
Holy fire fueled by the souls of the wicked.

Read the new Planeswalker, Chandra Nalaar. This sucks too bad compared to her, meaning it’s TREMENDOUSLY overcosted.

Zephiel, Rider of Daein 6RedWhite
Convoke.
When Zephiel comes into play, you may pay 3. If you do, put a Wyvern creature from your graveyard into play equipping Zephiel.
Each other Soldier and Wyvern you control is +1/1.
We will not cower in our castles. We have no reason to hide from you. We will fight, and we will win! - Zephiel
5/5

Cool, although it might also be a tad overcosted, although havin convoke kinda makes up for it.
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:39 pm
I’ll make a change on Forblaze, and maybe on Breeding Pits.

I may have to use some of those Lorwyn mechanics in my set! Heck, maybe I’ll try one out right now!

But after this card.

Anglachel, Sword of Holy Fire 4
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature is +2/+2. If equipped creature is Zephiel, it has first strike.
Radiance - Sacrifice Anglachel: Anglachel deals 2 damage target creature your opponent controls and each creature that shares a color with it.
Equip - 1WhiteRed
Zephiel forged the blade from a hundred holy souls.
R

Daein Veteran WhiteRed
Creature - Human Soldier
When you play Daein Veteran, clash with your opponent. If you win, Daein Veteran comes into play with 2 +1/+1 counters on it.
Veteran soldiers gleaned strength from battles past.
1/1

Kimae, Riftmage 2RedRed
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
When you play Kimae, you may clash with your opponent. If you win, Kimae, Riftmage deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Whenever a time counter is removed from Kimae, if it is suspended, Scry 1.
Suspend 2 - 2White
Once Zephiel arrived in Daein, his first order of business was to bring his followers to join him.
2/3

EDIT: Thanks for explaining, Felipe.
Last edited by elf lvr on Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:55 pm; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:33 pm
Planeswalker are a new card type. There’s no tapping, nor toughness/power, since it’s not a creature, it’s a planeswalker. Each one of those is an activated ability, and you can activate ONE ability per planeswalker, per turn, at sorcery speed. The number below is its loyalty. The planeswalker comes into play with that many loyalty counters, and abilities add or subtract loyalty according to the number. Also, planeswalkers dealt damage lose that many loyalty counters, and once they have 0 loyalty, they’re put in the graveyard. The attacking player declares which creatures are attacking the defending player, and which ones are attacking which planeswlakers he controls, and the defending player may assign blockers normally for both. Also, if any effect let’s you deal damage to an opponent, upon resolving it, you may have the damage dealt to one of his planeswalkers instead.
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:48 pm
Whoa... that’s kinda... odd.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:16 am
elf lvr wrote:
I’ll make a change on Forblaze, and maybe on Breeding Pits.

I may have to use some of those Lorwyn mechanics in my set! Heck, maybe I’ll try one out right now!

But after this card.

Anglachel, Sword of Holy Fire 4
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature is +2/+2. If equipped creature is Zephiel, he has first strike.
Radiance - Sacrifice Anglachel: Deal 2 damage to each creature your opponent controls.
Equip - 1WhiteRed
Zephiel forged the blade from a hundred holy souls.
R

Sheesh! First strike on Zaphiel? Ouch. I like it.

Daein Veteran WhiteRed
Creature - Human Soldier
When you play Daein Veteran, you may clash with your opponent. If you win, Daein Veteran comes into play with 2 +1/+1 counters on it.
Veteran soldiers gleaned strength from battles past.
1/1

Clash....eh? How does that work? Complete newbie.

Kimae, Riftmage 2RedRed
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
When you play Kimae, you may clash with your opponent. If you win, deal 3 damage to target creature or player.
Whenever a time counter is removed from Kimae when it is removed from the game, Scry 1.
Suspend 2 - 2White
Once Zephiel arrived in Daein, his first order of business was to bring his followers to join him.
2/3

Nice.

EDIT: Thanks for explaining, Felipe.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards