LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:23 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
elf lvr wrote:
I’ll make a change on Forblaze, and maybe on Breeding Pits.

I may have to use some of those Lorwyn mechanics in my set! Heck, maybe I’ll try one out right now!

But after this card.

Anglachel, Sword of Holy Fire 4
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+2. If equipped creature is Zephiel, it has first strike.
Radiance - Sacrifice Anglachel: Anglachel deals 2 damage to each creature your opponent controls.
Equip - 1WhiteRed
Zephiel forged the blade from a hundred holy souls.
R

I know it may sound like nitpicking, but remember, creatures GET stats and GAIN abilities (or HAVE abilities), and creatures, even legendary ones, are still minions SUMMONED by your, the almighty Planeswalker, so they’re trated as "it". Although in this last case an exception can be made, if you really like it this way. And remember, damage HAVE to have a source, damage doesn’t just pour out of nowhere.

Daein Veteran WhiteRed
Creature - Human Soldier
When you play Daein Veteran, clash with your opponent. If you win, Daein Veteran comes into play with 2 +1/+1 counters on it.
Veteran soldiers gleaned strength from battles past.
1/1

This one has nothing wrong with it, but as for now, all cards DEMAND that you clash, so some of the enchantments will trigger more times, but this is nothing final yet.

Kimae, Riftmage 2RedRed
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
When you play Kimae, clash with your opponent. If you win, Kimae, Riftmage deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Whenever a time counter is removed from Kimae, if it is suspended, Scry 1.
Suspend 2 - 2White
Once Zephiel arrived in Daein, his first order of business was to bring his followers to join him.
2/3

Just some wording issues.

EDIT: Thanks for explaining, Felipe.

Good job on these ones.
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:57 pm
Thanks for the reviews, guys.

I forgot I gave Anglachel a Radiance ability without the actual effect of Radiance... so I changed that.

Thanks for the wording help, Felipe.

NBarden, clash is a cool new thing for Lorwyn. When you clash with your opponent, you both reveal the top card of your libraries. Whoever has the one with the highest converted mana cost wins the clash.

Notice the neat connection with Scry and Clash? Razz
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:35 pm
Wild Wyvern 5RedRed
Creature - Wyvern
Flying.
Each time Wild Wyvern deals damage to a player, sacrifice a land. If you do, that player sacrifices a land.
Wyverns without riders were quite as fierce as those with them.
6/5
U

Ulktog, Warmaster 2RedRed
Legendary Creature - Goblin
Each Goblin you control has haste.
Sacrifice a Goblin: Target creature gets +1/+1 this turn.
"Charge, charge! No, the other way!"
3/3
U

Hartmut, King of Daein 4White
Legendary Creature - Human
Each Legendary creature you control has lifelink.
2WhiteTap: Put a 2/3 white Human Soldier creature token with vigilance into play named Royal Guard.
He intends to live in peace. But I say, where there is peace, there is no progress! - Zephiel
3/6
R
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:04 am; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:43 am
elf lvr wrote:
Wild Wyvern 5RedRed
Creature - Wyvern
Flying. Echo - 2RedRed
Each time Wild Wyvern deals damage to an opponent, sacrifice a land. If you do, that opponent sacrifices a land.
6/5
U

Costs too much for ALSO having Echo, and for its cost, the ability ends up being irrelevant.

Each Goblin you control has haste. (no need for the "permanent")
1Red, Sacrifice a Goblin: Target creature gets +1/+1 until the end of the turn.
3/3
U

I’d lose the mana cost, or drop it significantly. Siege-Gang Commander is non-legendary, gives you 3 more goblins alongside, and can sac Goblins for the same cost to deal TWO poins of damageto a target. Sure, he is rare, but still... Scorched Rusalka is "a little" less limited (since it can only sac creatures),but the cost is significantly lower, and it pings opponents,without caring too much for blocks.

Hartmut, King of Daein 5White
Defender.
Other legendary creatures you control have lifelink.
2White,Tap: Put a 2/3 white Human Soldier creature token with vigilance into play named Royal Guard.
He intends to live in peace. But I say, where there is peace, there is no progress! - Zephiel
0/8
R

I’d give him stats, lose defender, and lower his cost, or I’d make him an enchantment at least, or perhaps lose the tap part of his ability. As he is, he’s too vulnerable to spot removal, doesn’t make a difference on his own (you have to have a bunch of other legends) and can’t create his own army, since he can only make one critter a turn.

I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:23 am
elf lvr wrote:
Wild Wyvern 5RedRed
Creature - Wyvern
Flying. Echo - 2RedRed
Each time Wild Wyvern deals damage to a player, discard a land from play. If you do, that player must discard a land from play.
6/5
U

Yeah, drop echo. Or drop the cost.

Each Goblin permanent you control has haste.
1Red, Sacrifice a Goblin: Target creature gets +1/+1 this turn.
3/3
U

Nice. Drop the colorless mana in the ability, or make it +2/+1 or something.

Hartmut, King of Daein 5White
Defender.
Each time another legendary creature you control deals damage to a player, you gain that much life.
2WhiteTap: Put a 2/3 Human creature token with vigilance into play named Royal Guard.
0/8
R

Lifelink is better. Cool.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:30 am
Btw, EL, if you download Apprentice (heck, even MWS, although it gets a little trickier), you DO know you get to PLAY with these cards, right? Try it out sometime, pretty cool way to see what works.
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:34 pm
Perhaps I shall, perhaps I shall.

Changed the cards. Look better?

More to come.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:51 pm
Still some really bad wordin on the first one... Razz
What game are you playing, again? "Discard from play"? You discard from your hand. If it’s in play, it’s a permanent. Permanents are sacrificed or destroyed, never discarded. Wink
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:21 pm
Don’t have any more striking inspirations for R/W (althouh I’m sure more will come later) so I’ll make a few cards I DO have inspiration for.

A little bit of backstory behind the G/U cards: like I said before, they’re mostly wizards and other spellcasters, so they’ll be going for the usual stuff like countering spells. However, Etrurian magicians have opened up a rift by themselves, and train their mages to use the Etrurian Rift to their advantage.

Let’s begin with a seriously major G/U card.

Ephidel’s Circle GreenGreenBlueBlue
Enchantment
Split Second.
1GreenBlue, Sacrifice a permanent: Counter target spell.
Should an outsider try to read the runes, they would only appear to him as a writhing mass of chalked serpents. Only to Etrurians does it remain clear.
R

Riftwalking Green/Blue
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature. Put 2 time counters on enchanted creature and it has Vanishing.
When enchanted creature is put into a graveyard from play while it had no Vanishing counters on it, that creature’s controller may destroy another target creature.
The mages of Etruria can walk the rifts like solid roads. If you’re not careful, they’ll take you with them!
U

Ephidel’s Gate Green/Blue
Enchantment
When Ephidel’s Gate comes into play, remove target creautre you control from the game. If you do, remove target creature your opponent controls from the game.
When Ephidel’s Gate leaves play, return both removed creatures to play under their owner’s control.
"If we lose a soldier, should not they then lose one of theirs? It’s just good business." - Ephidel
C

Kitchilan, Minamos Professor 2Green/BlueGreen/Blue
Legendary Creature - Elf Wizard
Flash. Split Second.
When Kitchilan, Minamos Professor comes into play, remove target permanent from the game.
At the beginning of your upkeep, return a card removed by Kitchilan, Minamos Professor to play. Then, remove another target permanent from the game.
"Here’s a helpful hint: Don’t make the professors mad. They’ll send you through the rift, and you may not come back with all your parts." - Minamos 7th Year Student
1/4
R

It’s up to you guys to tell me if he’s got any broken-ness about him.

And another couple to finish out the evening:

Riftstone 2GreenBlue
Legendary Artifact
At the start of each of your upkeeps, pay GreenBlue or sacrifice Riftstone.
Tap: Put a permanent removed from the game into play under your control. Then, remove target nonland permanent you control from the game.
The Archsage Ephidel weilds the only true power of his kingdom; the Riftstone. It alone grants his mages control over the Etrurian Rift.
R

Etrurian Landshifter 2Blue
Creature - Elf Wizard
When Etrurian Landshifter comes into play, take control of a basic land your opponent controls. If you do, that opponent may search his library for a basic land card and put it into play.
C
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:04 pm; edited 5 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:52 pm
elf lvr wrote:

Ephidel’s Circle GreenGreenBlueBlue
Enchantment
Split Second.
1GreenBlue, Sacrifice a permanent: Counter target spell.
Should an outsider try to read the runes, they would only appear to him as a writhing mass of chalked serpents. Only to Etrurians does it remain clear.
R

The cost might seem prohibitive, but give this split second, and it’s insanely broken,since it WILL come into play, and then all you need is a Crucible of Worlds (you already paid the mana cost, so you have enough mana) and something like Rule of Law and it’s game over. Even without Rule of Law the game is pretty much finished. But I like it!

Riftwalking Green/Blue
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature. Enchanted creature has Vanishing 2.
When enchanted creature is put into a graveyard from play while it had no Vanishing counters on it, that creature’s controller may destroy another target creature.
The mages of Etruria can walk the rifts like solid roads. If you’re not careful, they’ll take you with them!
C

The card should instruct you to put 2 time counters on the creature, or you should phrase it like Reality Acid, otherwise, it’s a one-mana instantaneous removal. I think it’s too powerful for the colors it’s in. Should be black.

Ephidel’s Gate 1GreenBlue
Enchantment
When Ephidel’s Gate comes into play, remove target creautre you control from the game. If you do, remove target creature your opponent controls from the game.
When Ephidel’s Gate leaves play, return both removed creatures to play under their owner’s control.
"If we lose a soldier, should not they then lose one of theirs? It’s just good business." - Ephidel
U

Kinda underpowered... Oblivion Ring is better, and it’s both common and one-colored.

Kitchilan, Minamos Professor 2Green/BlueGreen/Blue
Legendary Creature - Elf Wizard
When Kitchilan, Minamos Professor comes into play, remove target permanent from the game.
At the beginning of your upkeep (unless it says "next upkeep", etc, it happens everytime already), return a card removed by Kitchilan, Minamos Professor to play. Then, remove another target permanent from the game.
"Here’s a helpful hint: Don’t make the professors mad. They’ll send you through the rift, and you may not come back with all your parts." - Minamos 7th Year Student
2/4
R

Cool, you either get to shut down something (unless it doesn’t have summoning sickness and can be activated at instant-speed) forever or to shut down the most powerful card in play. I like him very much. Problem seems to be you’re giving green white’s abilities. Stuff like these and Ephiel’s Gate belong to white and blue, not to green. But if that’s the intent, then it’s fine.

Riftstone 3GreenBlue
Legendary Artifact
Upkeep - GreenBlue ??? What does this means?
Tap: Put a card removed from the game into play under your control. Then, remove target nonland permanent you control from the game. (if the card is removed from the game, it’s not a permanent anymore, nor can it be targeted)
The Archsage Ephidel weilds the only true power of his kingdom; the Riftstone. It alone grants his mages control over the Etrurian Rift.
R

I like the feeling of the tribe, kinda like the weird Simic from Ravnica. I’d lower the cost, after all, it’s legendary anyway.

Etrurian Landshifter 2Blue
Creature - Elf Wizard
When Etrurian Landshifter comes into play, gain control of a basic land your opponent controls. If you do, that opponent may search his library for a basic land card and put it into play.
C

Cool. Specially for Limited. I’d make it target the land, but it’s more different this way.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards