LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:34 pm
[quote="Felipe Musco"]
elf lvr wrote:

Ephidel’s Circle GreenGreenBlueBlue
Enchantment
Split Second.
1GreenBlue, Sacrifice a permanent: Counter target spell.
Should an outsider try to read the runes, they would only appear to him as a writhing mass of chalked serpents. Only to Etrurians does it remain clear.
R

The cost might seem prohibitive, but give this split second, and it’s insanely broken,since it WILL come into play, and then all you need is a Crucible of Worlds (you already paid the mana cost, so you have enough mana) and something like Rule of Law and it’s game over. Even without Rule of Law the game is pretty much finished. But I like it!

It’s broken... but you like it? Laughing

Quote:
Riftwalking Green/Blue
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature. Enchanted creature has Vanishing 2.
When enchanted creature is put into a graveyard from play while it had no Vanishing counters on it, that creature’s controller may destroy another target creature.
The mages of Etruria can walk the rifts like solid roads. If you’re not careful, they’ll take you with them!
C

The card should instruct you to put 2 time counters on the creature, or you should phrase it like Reality Acid, otherwise, it’s a one-mana instantaneous removal. I think it’s too powerful for the colors it’s in. Should be black.

Well, it’s not terribly powerful. You either have to sac one of your creatures to get rid of another, or you get rid of one of theirs and they get to sac one of yours. And either way, they still get a little bit of use out of the card.

Quote:
Ephidel’s Gate 1GreenBlue
Enchantment
When Ephidel’s Gate comes into play, remove target creautre you control from the game. If you do, remove target creature your opponent controls from the game.
When Ephidel’s Gate leaves play, return both removed creatures to play under their owner’s control.
"If we lose a soldier, should not they then lose one of theirs? It’s just good business." - Ephidel
U

Kinda underpowered... Oblivion Ring is better, and it’s both common and one-colored.

Suggestions on how to make it better?

Quote:
Kitchilan, Minamos Professor 2Green/BlueGreen/Blue
Legendary Creature - Elf Wizard
When Kitchilan, Minamos Professor comes into play, remove target permanent from the game.
At the beginning of your upkeep (unless it says "next upkeep", etc, it happens everytime already), return a card removed by Kitchilan, Minamos Professor to play. Then, remove another target permanent from the game.
"Here’s a helpful hint: Don’t make the professors mad. They’ll send you through the rift, and you may not come back with all your parts." - Minamos 7th Year Student
2/4
R

Cool, you either get to shut down something (unless it doesn’t have summoning sickness and can be activated at instant-speed) forever or to shut down the most powerful card in play. I like him very much. Problem seems to be you’re giving green white’s abilities. Stuff like these and Ephiel’s Gate belong to white and blue, not to green. But if that’s the intent, then it’s fine.

Well... I realized these were more blue-ish... which is why you’ll see most of the remove from the game and time counter cards in this culture in blue (or at least with a blue requirement) and the mana manipulation in green (with Etrurian Landshifter as an obvious exception).

Quote:
Riftstone 3GreenBlue
Legendary Artifact
Upkeep - GreenBlue ??? What does this means?
Tap: Put a card removed from the game into play under your control. Then, remove target nonland permanent you control from the game. (if the card is removed from the game, it’s not a permanent anymore, nor can it be targeted)
The Archsage Ephidel weilds the only true power of his kingdom; the Riftstone. It alone grants his mages control over the Etrurian Rift.
R

I like the feeling of the tribe, kinda like the weird Simic from Ravnica. I’d lower the cost, after all, it’s legendary anyway.

How would you word an upkeep (not cumulative) of having to pay GreenBlue?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:19 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Quote:
Riftwalking Green/Blue
Enchantment - Aura
When enchanted creature is put into a graveyard from play while it had no Vanishing counters on it, that creature’s controller may destroy another target creature.
The mages of Etruria can walk the rifts like solid roads. If you’re not careful, they’ll take you with them!
C

The card should instruct you to put 2 time counters on the creature, or you should phrase it like Reality Acid, otherwise, it’s a one-mana instantaneous removal. I think it’s too powerful for the colors it’s in. Should be black.

Well, it’s not terribly powerful. You either have to sac one of your creatures to get rid of another, or you get rid of one of theirs and they get to sac one of yours. And either way, they still get a little bit of use out of the card.

You don’t get it. Innocent Blood is in the rightful color forthis, and it’s still insanely powerful in Extended, heck, even Legacy!This card, in this color combinatios, is just too much. What I mean is that giving Vanishing to a creature without actually giving it time counters means it dies automatically, and it can kill indestructible creatures, since vanishing makes you sacrifice the permanent.

Quote:
Enchantment
When Ephidel’s Gate comes into play, remove target creautre you control from the game. If you do, remove target creature your opponent controls from the game.
When Ephidel’s Gate leaves play, return both removed creatures to play under their owner’s control.
"If we lose a soldier, should not they then lose one of theirs? It’s just good business." - Ephidel
U

Kinda underpowered... Oblivion Ring is better, and it’s both common and one-colored.

Suggestions on how to make it better?

I’d probably lose the colorless mana and the part where it affects one of you critters.

Quote:
Riftstone 3GreenBlue
Legendary Artifact
Upkeep - GreenBlue ??? What does this means?
Tap: Put a card removed from the game into play under your control. Then, remove target nonland permanent you control from the game. (if the card is removed from the game, it’s not a permanent anymore, nor can it be targeted)
The Archsage Ephidel weilds the only true power of his kingdom; the Riftstone. It alone grants his mages control over the Etrurian Rift.
R

I like the feeling of the tribe, kinda like the weird Simic from Ravnica. I’d lower the cost, after all, it’s legendary anyway.

How would you word an upkeep (not cumulative) of having to pay GreenBlue?

At the beggining of your upkeep, pay ___ or sacrifice ___. Read Drifter il-Dal’s text, it’s right up this alley.
[/quote]
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:42 am
Some changes made. I included adding time counters to the card on Riftwalking, and I’ll do some stuff with the others, too.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:03 am
elf lvr wrote:

Ephidel’s Circle GreenGreenBlueBlue
Enchantment
Split Second.
1GreenBlue, Sacrifice a permanent: Counter target spell.
Should an outsider try to read the runes, they would only appear to him as a writhing mass of chalked serpents. Only to Etrurians does it remain clear.
R

What F_M said. Love it.

Riftwalking Green/Blue
Enchantment - Aura
C

Love it.

Enchantment
U

Interesting. Love the concept, but maybe make it just cost Green/Blue?

Kitchilan, Minamos Professor 2Green/BlueGreen/Blue
Legendary Creature - Elf Wizard
When Kitchilan, Minamos Professor comes into play, remove target permanent from the game.
At the beginning of your upkeep, return a card removed by Kitchilan, Minamos Professor to play. Then, remove another target permanent from the game.
"Here’s a helpful hint: Don’t make the professors mad. They’ll send you through the rift, and you may not come back with all your parts." - Minamos 7th Year Student
2/4
R

Let it be played anytime you can play an instant, and give it split-second. Oh yeah, and let it draw a card. Well, its legendary, isn’t it? You can probably drop power to 1 if you do that.

Riftstone 3GreenBlue
Legendary Artifact
Upkeep - GreenBlue
Tap: Put a card removed from the game into play under your control. Then, remove target nonland permanent you control from the game.
R

Love it. Extirpate a really powerful card of your opponent’s and then sac a 1/1 creature. Great Black/Green/Blue deck idea.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:21 pm
elf lvr wrote:

Riftstone 2GreenBlue
Legendary Artifact
At the start of each of your upkeeps, pay GreenBlue or sacrifice Riftstone.
Tap: Put a permanent removed from the game into play under your control. Then, remove target nonland permanent you control from the game.
R

You can’t put a card into play, cause there would be some messed-up things if you put, for instance, RIft Bolt into play. You can only put into play cards that are permanents. Oh, and BUMP.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:16 pm
Or, if you could, imagine Twitch. Free card, whenever you want.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:25 pm
Itachi, Raven King 1BlackBlackWhiteWhite
Legendary Creature - Human Ninja
Fear. Shroud.
Each time Itachi is about to deal damage to a player, prevent that damage. For each 1 damage prevented in this way, that player discards a card.
2White/Black, Tap: Counter target Instant spell.
A flitting shadow. A flash of steel. The cold taste of despair.
1/5
R

Valorian Archthief BlackWhite
Creature - Human Ninja
Bushido 2.
Champion a Ninja.
Each time Valorian Archthief deals damage to a player, that player discards a card at random.
On the island of Valor, their thieves are held in higher esteem than their preists.
2/2
U

Valorian Pickpocket Black
Creature - Human Ninja
Ninjutsu - 1White
Each time Valorian Pickpocket deals damage to a player, sacrifice it. If you do, that player discards their hand.
Thanks to the national pastime of theivery, it has become quite a fashion to line your pockets with poisoned daggers.
0/2
R

The Assassin’s Guild
Legendary Land
The Assassin’s Guild comes into play tapped.
Tap: Add Black to your mana pool.
BlackBlack, Tap: Search your library for target Ninja with power 2 or less and add it to your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Begnion Throne Room
Land
Begnion Throne Room comes into play tapped.
When Begnion throne room comes into play, target player discards a card.
1, Tap: Add BlackWhite to your mana pool.
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:09 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Itachi, Raven King 1BlackWhiteWhite
Fear. Shroud.
[b]If Itachi would
deal damage to a player, prevent that damage. For each 1 damage prevented this way, that player discards a card.
1/5
R

WTF? "Counter target instant spell"? Cool! Not sure it’d stick, but cool.

Mangekyou Eyes White
Enchantment
Each time your opponent plays a spell, remove a card with the same name from their graveyard from the game. If you do, counter that spell and remove it from the game.
"Whatever you do, don’t look into his eyes. They say he can steal your very soul."
U

[b]SO broken. WOuld never see the day of light outside the presses.

Valorian Archthief White
Creature - Human Ninja
Bushido 2.
Champion a Ninja.
Each time Valorian Archthief deals damage to a player, that player discards a card at random.
On the island of Valor, their thieves are held in higher esteem than their preists.
2/2
U

[b]Hahaha "champion a ninja"! Nice! Maybe a little underpowered.

Valorian Pickpocket
Creature - Human Ninja
Ninjutsu - 1White
[b]When
Valorian Pickpocket deals damage to a player, sacrifice it. If you do, that player discards their hand.
Thanks to the national pastime of theivery, it has become quite a fashion to line your pockets with poisoned daggers.
0/2
R

I was going tosey it’s overpowered, but then I saw it’s a 0/2. Very nice indeed.

Warden of Despair 3Black
Creature - Spectre
Whenever a player discards a card from hand, remove that card from the game instead.
You may play cards removed from the game by Warden of Despair without paying their mana costs.
No one knows where the Wardens came from, only that they control forces beyond human control.
0/4
R

[b]Too powerful. Bordering the absurd.

The Assassin’s Guild
Legendary Land
Tap: Add to your mana pool.
BlackBlack, Tap: Search your library for [b]a
Ninja with power 2 or less and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Coooooooool!!!!

Begnion Throne Room
Land
Begnion Throne Room comes into play tapped. When Begnion throne room comes into play, target player discards a card.
1, Tap: Add White to your mana pool.

[b]I liked this A LOT!

I loved the feeling of the Ninjas, so far! I’d DEFINITELY play BW, sneaky...
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:37 am
elf lvr wrote:
Fear. Shroud.
Each time Itachi is about to deal damage to a player, prevent that damage. For each 1 damage prevented in this way, that player discards a card.
1/5
R

Sweet. A little underpowered for the cost and being legendary. I’d make him 2/5 at least.

Mangekyou Eyes BlackWhite
Enchantment
Each time your opponent plays a spell, remove a card with the same name from their graveyard from the game. If you do, counter that spell and remove it from the game.
"Whatever you do, don’t look into his eyes. They say he can steal your very soul."
U

Auto-extirpate! Sweet.

Valorian Archthief BlackWhite
Creature - Human Ninja
Bushido 2.
Champion a Ninja.
2/2
U

Champion a ninja means remove it from the game to return it to the game after this creature leaves play, correct? I like it a lot. If it wasn’t for the champion a ninja, I’d say the Bushido is OP, but as is, I like it.

Valorian Pickpocket Black
Creature - Human Ninja
Ninjutsu - 1White
Each time Valorian Pickpocket deals damage to a player, sacrifice it. If you do, that player discards their hand.
0/2
R

Ninjutsu is a little underpowered. I’d make it Ninjutsu 0, personally, because it starts out at 0 damage. Or maybe Ninjutsu White/Black would be cool.

Warden of Despair 3BlackBlack
Creature - Spectre
Whenever a player discards a card from hand, remove that card from the game instead.
You may play cards removed from the game by Warden of Despair without paying their mana costs.
No one knows where the Wardens came from, only that they control forces beyond human control.
0/4
R

Whoa. Eh...ouch. OP, broken, and otherwise insane! So if you’re opponent discards a card, it comes into play under your control? Along with Ninja discarding?

So, you gonna unban Tinker soon?

The Assassin’s Guild
Legendary Land
Tap: Add Black to your mana pool.
BlackBlack, Tap: Search your library for target Ninja with power 2 or less and add it to your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Like it. A lot.

Begnion Throne Room
Land
Begnion Throne Room comes into play tapped. When Begnion throne room comes into play, target player discards a card.
1, Tap: Add BlackWhite to your mana pool.

Is this a new kind of land then? I like it.

Whenever you make cards with Black, write it like this.

Code:
[Black]

That way, it doesn’t mess up the formatting and everything and get confused with bold font.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:15 pm
NBarden wrote:
elf lvr wrote:
Fear. Shroud.
1/5
R

Sweet. A little underpowered for the cost and being legendary. I’d make him 2/5 at least.

I thought having shroud and fear balanced him out well enough, but...

I removed the two broken cards entirely. You’ll see Mangekyou Eyes again, but with a significantly different text...

Alright, we’ve taken a look at 3 of the 6 big groups in this set, lets give a brief intro into another one. Sacaeans!

Here’s something I was thinking of today. See what you think.

Volcanic Elemental 5RedRedRed
Creature - Elemental
When Volcanic Elemental comes into play, it deals 4 damage to each other creature.
Champion an Elemental.
Evoke - 3RedRed
5/5

So, I’m not going to ask, "What do you think?"

The better question would be, "How much is wrong with it?"

Sacaean Riftbear GreenRed
Creature - Bear
Sacaean Riftbear is unblockable.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Sacaean Riftbear.
Suspend 2 - GreenRed
3/1

Wrath Red
Creature - Elemental
When you play Wrath, clash with an opponent. If you lose, sacrifice Wrath.
3/1
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards