LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:22 pm
elf lvr wrote:
NBarden wrote:
elf lvr wrote:
Itachi, Raven King 1BlackBlackWhiteWhite
Legendary Creature - Human Ninja
Fear. Shroud.
Each time Itachi is about to deal damage to a player, prevent that damage. For each 1 damage prevented in this way, that player discards a card.
2White/Black, Tap: Counter target Instant spell.
A flitting shadow. A flash of steel. The cold taste of despair.
1/5
R

Sweet. A little underpowered for the cost and being legendary. I’d make him 2/5 at least.

I thought having shroud and fear balanced him out well enough, but...

I removed the two broken cards entirely. You’ll see Mangekyou Eyes again, but with a significantly different text...

Alright, we’ve taken a look at 3 of the 6 big groups in this set, lets give a brief intro into another one. Sacaeans!

Here’s something I was thinking of today. See what you think.

Volcanic Elemental 5RedRedRed
Creature - Elemental
When Volcanic Elemental comes into play, it deals 4 damage to each other creature.
Champion an Elemental.
Evoke - 3RedRed
5/5

Actually, not much. It looks sweet. Champion an Elemental is more of a benefit then a drawback, because instead of nuking one of your guys, it saves it. Haste would be cool.

So, I’m not going to ask, "What do you think?"

The better question would be, "How much is wrong with it?"

Sacaean Riftbear GreenRed
Creature - Bear
Sacaean Riftbear is unblockable.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Sacaean Riftbear.
Suspend 2 - GreenRed
3/1

Haste? Might be helpful. Instead of the first text, give him landwalk. And the suspend should be Red/Green, IMO.

Wrath Red
Creature - Elemental
When you play Wrath, clash with an opponent. If you lose, sacrifice Wrath.
3/1

I like it. Especially with the Flamekin Harbingers from Lorwyn.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:23 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
elf lvr wrote:

Volcanic Elemental 5RedRedRed
Creature - Elemental
Champion an Elemental.
When Volcanic Elemental comes into play, it deals 4 damage to each other creature.
Evoke - 3RedRed
5/5

Hah! Amazing! Picture this: evoke him, you get 3 triggered abilities at the same time. You control all, so you stack the "sacrifice this" first, then the damage-dealing, then the champion, preferrably with a creature with a comes-into-play effect. The stack resolves, you remove your creature, everything else takes 4 (but not the guy you removed), then this guy is sacrificed, and the championed creature comes back into play (triggering its ability, if it had one). I LOVED it! One of the best designs I’ve ever seen!

Sacaean Riftbear RedGreen
Creature - Bear
Sacaean Riftbear is unblockable.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Sacaean Riftbear.
Suspend 2 - RedGreen
3/1

When dealing with colored mana costs, as a rule of thum, turn the card and look at its back. Colored mana costs follow the order there, starting with W, so it’s WUBRG. For enemy colors golden cards, well, search for an example, it does not follow the same order, I think, although defining the "central" color in multicolored cards and then following the order usually does the trick. Oh, and this guy sucks. Blue has Phantom Warrior, which pwns this any day, and it’s BLUE for God’s sake! Make it a 4/1, at least (mayb even a 5/1). Otherwise, I’d just rather use Spark Elemental.

Wrath Red
Creature - Elemental
When Wrath comes into play, clash with an opponent. If you lose, sacrifice Wrath.
3/1

Not confortable seeing this name out of white... lol. Well, read above, Spark Elemental pwns this one, as well. Oh, and Clash is triggered, so I fixed the template, specially becuase otherwise, even if you lost, you could NEVER sacrifice it, since it wouldn’t be in play yet. To fix this one, I’d make it stick around, like it already does, (Spark Elemental gets sacrificed) and gice haste if you won the clash. Would still not see as much constructed play, but hey, cards have to be different, right? Also, would see play in Limited and possibly Block, at least.
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:10 am
Few random ideas floating around my head.

Mindlock Mire 1BlackBlack
Enchantment
Cards in play and in players’ hands, libraries, graveyards, and on the stack lose Haste, Split Second, Flash, and Flashback.
Dredge - 2

Transient Miscrient 2Black
Creature - Human Ninja
Vanishing - 2
When Transient Miscrient comes into or leaves play, target player discards a card.
2/1

Assassin Guild-Master 2White/Black
Creature - Human Ninja
Kinship - At the start of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Assassin Guild-Master, you may reveal it to put a 0/1 Human Ninja creature token with shadow into play.
2/2

Jafar, Master Assassin 2BlackBlackBlack
Ninjutsu - 1WhiteBlack
Other Black Ninja you control have, "Tap, Destroy target tapped creature."
White Ninja you control have, "Tap, Target player discards a card."
3/5
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:18 pm
Enchantment
Cards in play and in players’ hands, libraries, and graveyards lose Haste, Split Second, Flash, and Flashback.
Dredge - 2

Doesn’t work for split second, since it only matters while the spell is on the stack. Mention the stack as well.

Creature - Human Ninja
Vanishing - 2
When Transient Miscrient comes into or leaves play, target player discards a card.
2/1

Clean, smooth and useful. I like it.

Creature - Human Ninja
Kinship - At the start of your upkeep, look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Assassin Guild-Master, put a 0/1 Human Ninja creature token with shadow into play.
2/2

Kinship actions tend to be optional, so add a "you MAY". Also, you need the "you may reveal it" part, since the other player must see the human/ninja as well.

Ninjutsu - 1WhiteBlack
3/5

I don’t like white discard, and I think he may be overpowered depending on the number of ninjas out there, specially since Ajani can give them Vigilance, so they get to swing, you drop this guy, AND discard a bunch of their cards.
[/quote]
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:32 am
elf lvr wrote:
Few random ideas floating around my head.

Enchantment
Cards in play and in players’ hands, libraries, and graveyards lose Haste, Split Second, Flash, and Flashback.
Dredge - 2

Ouch. Since it hurts your cards as well, I like it though.

Creature - Human Ninja
Vanishing - 2
2/1

Like it. I’d actually drop it to 1Black or make it have haste and first strike or something.

Creature - Human Ninja
Kinship - At the start of your upkeep, look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Assassin Guild-Master, put a 0/1 Human Ninja creature token with shadow into play.
2/2

Ninjas are Blue/Black typically, right? I like it, but I’d like Ninjas better Blue/Black. I hope to see some tribal stuff here. Very Happy.

Ninjutsu - 1WhiteBlack
3/5

Cool. If its working with two colors, make it cost 2WhiteBlackBlack, or 2WhiteBlackWhite/Black, maybe, IMO. Ninjutsu is good. I still think they should be Black/Blue. The second ability doesn’t seem white-ish to me. More black or blue. (hint on making ninjas Black/Blue).

What is Kinship?
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:43 pm
Kinship is the "Look at top... you may reveal... if it shares card type..." text. Look at some of the Morningtide spoilers.

Anyways... to continue jumping around, I’m going to throw out some Rebel stuff now...

Rath, Scarblade 4Red
Legendary Creature - Human Rebel
First Strike.
Rath, Scarblade comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on him for each color of mana used to pay his mana cost.
(4), Tap: Search your deck for a Rebel permanent card with converted mana cost 4 or less and put it into play. Shuffle your library afterwards.
He governs the ungoverned from a broken throne.
2/2

Wording sucks, I know, but I couldn’t think of a precedent.

Kenji, Wandering Necromancer 3BlackBlack
Legendary Creature - Human Rebel Ninja
Deathtouch.
Other Rebels you control are +1/+0
Tap: If a creature your oppnent controls is put into a graveyard from play, put it into play under your control. It becomes a Rebel in addition to its other creature types.
"How can you kill the dead?" "You don’t. Persuasion works better."
2/4

The lands I’ve made so far are kinda... all over the place. So, why not throw in a few more?

Magvel, Center of Chaos
Legendary Land
As Magvel, Center of Chaos comes into play, you may reveal a Rebel card from your hand. If you don’t, Magvel, Center of Chaos comes into play tapped.
Tap: Add 1 many of any color to your mana pool.
(4), Tap: Search your library for a Rebel permanent card with converted mana cost 4 or less and put it into play. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Council Ruins
Legendary Land
Council Ruins comes into play tapped.
(1), Tap: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool.
(7), Tap: Put a 2/2 colorless Rebel Soldier creature token into play.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.... PLANESWALKER!

Elibe the Queen WhiteBlueBlackRedGreen
Planeswalker - Elibe
+1: Add 2 mana of any color to your mana pool.
-2: Play a Rebel with converted mana cost 4 or less from your graveyard without paying its mana cost.
-8: Play each Rebel from your library without paying its mana cost. Creatures you control have haste until the end of the turn. Shuffle your library afterwards.
5//

And a few tokens. Just for fun.

Rebel Soldier (colorless)
Creature - Rebel Soldier
2/2

Puppet (Black/Blue)
Artifact Creature - Puppet
Poisonous 1.
1/1

I really screw with the color pie, don’t I? I don’t MEAN to...
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:23 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Rath, Scarblade 4Red
Legendary Creature - Human Rebel Soldier
First Strike.
Rath, Scarblade comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on him for each color of mana used to pay his mana cost.
(4), Tap: Search your deck for a Rebel permanent card with converted mana cost 4 or less and put it into play. Shuffle your library afterwards.
He governs the ungoverned from a broken throne.
2/2

Rebel Soldier is a first. Usually, soldiers that turn into rbels are no longer soldiers, so I’d lose the template. And remember, you can’t put Nameless Inversion into play...

Kenji, Wandering Necromancer 3BlackBlack
Legendary Creature - Human Rebel Ninja
Deathtouch.
Other Rebels you control are +1/+0
Tap: If a creature your oppnent controls is put into a graveyard from play, put it into play under your control. It becomes a Rebel in addition to its other creature types.
"How can you kill the dead?" "You don’t. Persuasion works better."
2/4

Nive, perhaps a little too powerful, stealing a whole board off a Damnation...

Magvel, Center of Chaos
Legendary Land
As Magvel, Center of Chaos comes into play, you may reveal a Rebel card from your hand. If you don’t, Magvel, Center of Chaos comes into play tapped.
Tap: Add 1 many of any color to your mana pool.
(4), Tap: Search your library for a Rebel permanent card with converted mana cost 4 or less and put it into play. Shuffle your library afterwards.

Council Ruins
Land
Council Ruins comes into play tapped.
(1), Tap: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool.
(5), Tap: Put a 2/2 colorless Rebel Soldier creature token into play.

Absurd, see Urza’s Factory.

Elibe the Queen WhiteBlueBlackRedGreen
Planeswalker - Elibe
+1: Add 2 mana of any color to your mana pool.
-2: Play a Rebel with converted mana cost 4 or less from your graveyard without paying its mana cost.
-8: Play each Rebel from your library without paying its mana cost. Creatures you control have haste until the end of the turn. Shuffle your library afterwards.
5//

And a few tokens. Just for fun.

Rebel Soldier (colorless)
Creature - Rebel Soldier
2/2

Puppet (Black/Blue)
Artifact Creature - Puppet
Poisonous 1.
1/1

I really screw with the color pie, don’t I? I don’t MEAN to...
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:45 pm
Potter’s Protector (5)
Artifact Creature * Golem
Vanishing. Defender.
Potter’s Protector comes into play with a time counter on it for each creature you control.
When Potter’s Protector is put into a graveyard from anywhere, creautres you control can’t take damage this turn.
It won’t let humans come to harm.
3/5

Defenestration Red
Instant
Storm. Buyback - (3)
Deal 1 damage to target creature that was dealt damage this turn. Creatures destroyed this way are removed from the game instead of going to their owner’s graveyard.
Overthrow the oppressors! Out the window!

Assassin’s Code 1BlackBlack
Tribal Enchantment - Ninja
While an opponent controls alt least 1 more creature than you, Ninjas are +1/+0
While an opponent controls at least 3 more creatures than you, Ninjas have first strike.
While an opponent controls at least 5 more creatures than you, Ninjas have haste.
1. Always fight with honor.
2. Always wear black.
3. Do not kill those incapable of defending themselves.
-Those worth more than 10,000 a year are considered capable of defending themselves...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:39 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Potter’s Protector (5)
Artifact Creature * Golem
Vanishing. Defender.
Potter’s Protector comes into play with a time counter on it for each creature you control.
When Potter’s Protector is put into a graveyard from anywhere, creautres you control can’t take damage this turn.
It won’t let humans come to harm.
3/5

Like it a lot.

Defenestration Red
Instant
Storm. Buyback - (3)
Deal 1 damage to target creature that was dealt damage this turn. Creatures destroyed this way are removed from the game instead of going to their owner’s graveyard.
Overthrow the oppressors! Out the window!

Storm WITH buyback? SWEET! This is like, the ULTIMATE board wiper. Combo Grapeshot?

Assassin’s Code 1BlackBlack
Tribal Enchantment - Ninja
While an opponent controls alt least 1 more creature than you, Ninjas are +1/+0
While an opponent controls at least 3 more creatures than you, Ninjas have first strike.
While an opponent controls at least 5 more creatures than you, Ninjas have haste.
1. Always fight with honor.
2. Always wear black.
3. Do not kill those incapable of defending themselves.
-Those worth more than 10,000 a year are considered capable of defending themselves...

Burrrriiittto! Ninjas you control. Because if they’re running ninjas....

BTW, I think we should combine my ninjas with this DC. Twisted Evil Assuming you change it to "you control."
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:02 pm
Izzy
Legendary Creature - Human Rogue
Suspend 2 - BlueRed
Izzy is Blue and Red.
When Izzy comes into play, it deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
When Izzy is about to be put into a graveyard from anywhere, remove him from the game with 3 time counters instead.
"Dangit! Wrong century!"
2/2
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards