LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:24 pm
One of my buddies went to a Lorwyn Pre-Re and brought home some packs, which he sold to me very graciously. Now that I’ve seen the cards, well, I can’t wait to get more! There are so many new decktypes!

I’ll probably run Elves. Elves with LotR, Elves with MtG, that’s my dream. Although my local card shop might not sell the starters, so my elf collection might have to build up from elsewhere.

I’m also considering a lot of other stuff. I pulled the R/W Giant Land, so I might test R/W Giants (with Gauntlet of Power for fuel, Giants can get BIG and CHEAP). Or I might go (for mana saving and pure-gauntlet possibilities) pure Red Giant/Goblins. There’s a Giant that gives target Goblin flying, I kinda got the idea from him. I could also try pure goblins, but I might want some more pure strength (like the giants) in it, although with 2 Goblin King, 2 Coat of Arms, and 4 Gauntlet I doubt I need much more power...

Kithkins are looking good too, although I just traded my soldier-pumper to Felipe (darnitall!) but I did get a few of the guy that makes each other Kithkin +1/+1 and an enchantment that can generate kithkins. Although without the starter I dont know how I’m going to come up with the cards, except for on release day, where me and my friend will be buying A LOT.

Anyways, I just wanted to hear your guys’ thoughts on this stuff and other deck plans for the Post-Lorwyn world.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:22 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I’m starting out with monowhite Kithkins, since I don’t have 4 Tarmogoyfs to run it GW. I posted an approximate decklist in the deck clinic. Then, when I can get my hands on 3x Thoughtseize and 3 Doran, the Siege Tower, I intend on running a Standard "The Rock" type of deck, which I’ll keep hush hush for now except for these two cards (since it basically means: if anyone has them, I WANT THEM!!!!!!). Wink
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:04 pm
Me wants Blue Milling Planeswalker Twisted Evil

And Kithkin look cool. Militia’s pride and Crib Swap in particular.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:54 pm
NBarden wrote:
Me wants Blue Milling Planeswalker Twisted Evil

And Kithkin look cool. Militia’s pride and Crib Swap in particular.

Jace would be amazing. My Black/Blue deck could actually work standard with him!

I also got the land, what’s it called, with a Hideaway ability (scans top 4 when played and removes one from the game face down) and can play it for just Blue if the opponent is at 20 cards or less.

I also pulled a Militia’s Pride, so Kithkins ARE looking pretty good...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:00 pm
EL

ww2.wizards.com/gatherer

Your best MtG friend.

Also, get MWS. It has a LotR patch to so you can play LotR over the internet.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:36 pm
NBarden wrote:
EL

ww2.wizards.com/gatherer

Your best MtG friend.

I’m lazy.

Quote:
Also, get MWS. It has a LotR patch to so you can play LotR over the internet.

Still lazy.

Laughing

I’ll get around to dowloading MWS, soon as that video project of mine is done. And I’m hoping to be done with it on Friday. So soon. Maybe.

And I’ll stop being lazy about gatherer.

Or even just going into the other room and looking at my cards.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:05 pm
I love this set.

Me and my friend didn’t stay to draft, we just bought 18 packs and the Elf and Goblin decks and headed out.

We got some darned good stuff. Elves look really good, so do Goblins.

The packs yeilded some very good things, not least among them, Doran, Seige Tower.

Oh, yeah, two planeswalkers as well. Very Happy

Jace and Chandra.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
NBarden
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:03 pm
I’ll cross-trade LotR for Jace.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:51 pm
I’ll also trade for Jace (although not cross-trade, of course), and for Doran, I’m trying to build a crazy Standard deck that needs 3 copis of him, and I currently have none. I’m also looking for 3more copies of Thoughtseize, for the same deck. I may get a Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir up for trade soon.
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:16 pm
And also, since you got quite a number of packs, list any spare Cs and Us you have lying around, I’m still starting out with Lorwyn, so I could cross-trade it for some C and U stuff from Time Spiral, to help you widen your Standard card pool. Very Happy
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion