LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Was this situation ruled correctly?

Yes, it was, the Lost in the Woods should stick.  
77%
  [ 7 ]  77%

No, it wasn't, Saruman's Power should have been able to discard Lost in the Woods as well.  
22%
  [ 2 ]  22%

Total Votes : 9
Cleston
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:19 am
hey people, long time no see ya!

this happened a few weeks back, in a multiplayer game, 5 or 6 players, can’t really remember. i think it’s dumb because i rememebr it working... anyway, we need some feedback on the following.

that’s the case: i was being smashed by player A’s Lost in the Woods stacked on my dwarves. then, in my next shadow phase, against player B’s fellowship, I blew the table with a saruman’s power (yes, i’m old skull, you know).

the problem is: people claimed my saruman’s power couldn’t touch the lost in the woods because they were on my free peoples, and they were not in the game because it ws player’s B turn.

I am sure it’s lame argument, because in multiplayer every shadow card is visible except for the player whose turn is. which, in this case, wasn’t me.

to further make my point, the board looked like this

player A - me - player B - player C - player D

so when player B was moving, there were 4 visible shadows in table. my saruman’s power should have been able to destroy conditions from players A, ME, C and D, plus the free people’s conditions that belonged to player B.

well, i’m totally sure it works that way, even for blade tips, sense of obligation, lost in the woods, and the like, because although they are played on free people’s companions, they ARE shadow cards, and just for that matter they should have been discarded.

what actually happened at our table is that i was ruled over by the rest of the players, and player A’s lost in the woods would stuck. so they politely let me undo that play Evil or Very Mad and to think that i was playing corsairs, holding one of the pair of grima’s in my hand for the whole game just waiting for the SP to appear so i could blow the world and run freely to 9 Crying or Very sad

LMK your thoughts, I’d love to hear that I’m right as well as I’d hate to hear that I’m wrong! Laughing Laughing Laughing
- "If I die, your deck will crumble!"
Gandalf (any of them)
NBarden
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:44 am
Conditions borne by companions are not active unless its that player’s FP turn. Thus, Lost in the Woods is not discarded, because it wasn’t active.

This is the very reason you can play Thin and Stretched on as many different ring-bearers as you have copies, because no two copies of Thin and Stretched are active at a time in this scenario.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
LeoKula
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:49 am
E ae Cleston! Vai colar no Centro Cultural amanhã?
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
Cleston
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:34 pm
weird, i remember hearing the opposite a long time ago. maybe we were wrong back then... Rolling Eyes but it makes a lot of sense, IMHO, that the conditions borne by companions get discarded as well...

alright, better get an extra copy of blood runs chill then. and byebye isen kit, leave room for more corsair shenanigans Wink

@LeoKula: nope, vou viajar...
- "If I die, your deck will crumble!"
Gandalf (any of them)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NB is correct.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:20 pm
Thank you. Next time, consider something more productive while posting.

Cleston, now you know why he has 7000+ posts. Very Happy
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:36 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
OMG, you’re THE Cleston?!? The one I used to read Articles from in the MtG section? Cool!!!
I don't like YOU.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:13 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:

hey just one person had said it, I wanted to confirm
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:42 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
NBarden wrote:

hey just one person had said it, I wanted to confirm

Or conform. I can see both.

Think
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:02 pm
Yeah. I’m the trendsetter.

I post something, and everyone changes their opinions to fit mine.

Its nice to be everyone’s idol. You may begin worshiping me.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions