LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:15 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
OOC = "Out of Character". Discussion for the RPG. Although I really think it would be fine to have this thread. A planning thread alongside the normal OOC would be good. It would clutter things up less.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:43 pm
OOC- Out of Character
RPG- Role-Playing Game

The OOC is where you discuss the RPG, the RPG is the actual role-playing. Hence, the OOC is where you post anything that is NOT actual roleplaying.

I’m thinking that to make things flow more smoothly, you can place directives in the OOC, and role-playing alone in the RPG.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:25 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Okay, I’ll keep the proper codes and all in mind once we get started. Thumbs Up

So, it sounds like people are agreeable to Mirkwood, Lorien, and Erebor. Fords of Isen will probably be worked in somehow--at least in flashback form--for Ectheow’s sake, at least. Smile

It also sounds like finishing out with Morannon is pretty popular with folks, so we’ll plan on that, too. It might not be the VERY end, though...I don’t want to spoil ALL the surprises up front, after all. Mwaha. Twisted Evil

So, tenatively, we’ll do Isen, Lorien, Mirkwood, Erebor, and Morannon, and probably pretty much in that order (with a little jumping around). There will also be a few unexpected locations and encounters along the way, of course.

Anything else?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:09 am
Here’s a quick overview of how the last thing ended.

Giltas, a dark elf, and a member of the group that Curubethion and the other ranger belonged to, had cast a spell of eternal winter over much of the land to bring about the return of the Iceblade. In the end, he gets to it before we do, but our two separate groups join forces and beat him. However, he isn’t killed, he transports himself away by the use of a spell. So he’s still out there. The Iceblade was broken in the fight, and Giltas’s flight broke the spell of winter.

That’s about all my tired brain can come up with, it IS 1:00 in the morning, after all.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:33 am
I assume Giltas was the "master" that Alvarrad referred to?

Speaking of which, with Giltas escaping, are we assuming Alvarrad escaped as well? And was he merely a former ranger, or something more?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Speaking of which, with Giltas escaping, are we assuming Alvarrad escaped as well? And was he merely a former ranger, or something more?

That would be an assumption we could make, yes.

And if he was something more... well, it’s your RPG now Dain. Do you want him to be something more?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:02 am
elf lvr wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

That would be an assumption we could make, yes.

And if he was something more... well, it’s your RPG now Dain. Do you want him to be something more?

Maaaaaaaaybe. Rolling Eyes

macheteman
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:53 pm
Is this thing going to fly any time soon?
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:32 pm
I said I’d give people two weeks to sign up. So that means we’ll officially kick off next Friday (Nov. 2).

I will have some stuff this week to tide us over, though. Thumbs Up

macheteman
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:39 pm
ok, sounds good.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing