LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:10 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
We all know the main story of the War of the Ring: the Fellowship of the Ring’s journey to Mount Doom, the return of a king, the rise of Men and Hobbits.

But the war stretched across more lands than just those visited by Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and their companions. The ripples were felt all throughout Middle-earth. We all know of the Battle of Helm’s Deep and the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, but what about lesser-known conflicts like the Battle of Dale? The Second Battle of the Fords of Isen? The many skirmishes between the Elves of Lothlórien and Mirkwood against Sauron’s forces from Dol Guldur? These battles were raging during March of 3019, during the same time that Minas Tirith was beseiged and the Rohirrim rode to victory at the Pelennor Fields. In the end, Sauron’s defeat dismayed his minions elsewhere, and the Men of Dale and the Dwarves of Erebor and the Elves of Lothlórien were victorious, but only after many long, bloody days of holding out, defending their homelands in the face of seemingly endless assaults.

We know how these battles turned out, but how were they fought?

That’s where YOU come in. You will play a character immersed in these battles, ones which don’t get the same "screen time" as the Fellowship, but were nonetheless critical to the future of Middle-earth. Imagine if Galadriel and Celeborn had fallen, or Erebor had succumbed to the Easterling armies surrounding it, or the Elves of Mirkwood had burned away. The Fourth Age may not have come in so peacefully, eh?

This is a direct sequel to the popular Realms of the North (otherwise known simply as the "DC Adventure") started by CarpeGuitarrem in the DC Forum. As such, I openly invite (and encourage) the return of characters from that story, as they ALL have a part to play here. Some characters’ involvement might seem obvious (Rorin the Dwarf and Ryle and Ellar of Dale defending Erebor, the Elves Silvarin and Tuilin and Celebthir fighting in Mirkwood and Lórien), while others (like the rangers) may not seem to have a place. But the friendships they forged during their original quest for the Iceblade in the northern realms will link them together again, and all who participate will have plenty to do. (I may even ask their creator’s permission to use them myself, if a couple specific ones do not enter.)

Those characters (and their creators) are:

Rorin (me)
Ryle (macheteman)
Ellar (Aragorn, KiE)
Celebthir (Eomer3rdMarshal)
Tuilin (SoP)
Silvarin (elf lvr)
Legoles (Legoles)
Dirthon (AP)
Duinihir (NBarden)
Curubethion (CG)
Ectheow (AgentDrake)
Adalard (BattleWarg)

Again, ALL of those characters are welcome back. Those folks that made them are welcome to create new characters as well, for both sides of the battles (like, say, NBarden’s Southron character Hareth...?).

But if you’re not one of those people, don’t despair! YOU are welcome too. Very Happy I’m especially interested in Elves, Dwarves, and men of Dale, of course, but others like rangers, Rohirrim, even Hobbits can certainly fit right in. (Some already might be, if certain folks from the DC Adventure return!) And we could always use some bad guys! Twisted Evil Orcs of Dol Guldur, Southrons, Uruks, Nazgul...anything you’d like, we’ll work it in somehow (as long as you don’t go TOO crazy! Razz)

This will be mostly freeform, but in the spirit of Realms of the North, there will likely be some dream card elements thrown in. Returning characters can assume they’ll be starting off with similiar development to what they had at the end of RotN, so you won’t have to worry about recreating your starting weapon or anything (unless you want to!), and new characters can start off with a goodly amount of equipment and experience under their belt if they wish.

I do have a general structure in mind for the story, and I will be "calling the shots" with where folks end up and what events are going on in general...to a degree. I have an endpoint in mind, and several stops along the way, so that the story at least loosely follows what we know about these battles from Tolkien’s works. It will be similiar to what CG did, where I guide the story to certain major spots, and then you all take it from there until the next major advancement in the storyline. But there will be PLENTY left to your imagination...don’t worry! Smile

If this sounds interesting, say so! All are welcome, whether you’re into RPGs or DCs or neither. Please participate! It’ll be fun, I promise. Mr. Green

I’ll leave at least a week, perhaps two, for people to sign up. So if you’re interested...well, sign up now!
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:06 pm; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:22 pm
Sign me up! Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:28 pm
Silvarin is in.

Who else would be there to drink all the ale and blow stuff up?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:29 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Sign me up! Thumbs Up

As Dirthon, I assume?

Glad to have you back. I was hoping to see Rorin’s good ranger buddy. Smile

EDIT: Ah, Silvarin as well! Excellent. The magic-weilding elf will have a big part to play. Think...redemption. Wink
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:55 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Congrats on starting it up! Feel free to use the characters I created as NPCs.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:37 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I’m in!

And I think I’ve finally gotten the whole background thing for Ectheow worked out, so I’m not just winging it anymore. Laughing
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:27 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Sign me up! Thumbs Up

As Dirthon, I assume?

But of course.

And this time, my motto is "Sobriety is Sauron’s Enemy: Join the Drunkards of the North!"

No, just kidding. Razz
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:05 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
I’m in!

And I think I’ve finally gotten the whole background thing for Ectheow worked out, so I’m not just winging it anymore. Laughing

Excellent. I imagine you’ll be the star of the Fords of Isen. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:47 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Congrats on starting it up! Feel free to use the characters I created as NPCs.

We can do that, sure, but I’d be very happy if you participated. *wink wink, nudge nudge* If you have the time, of course.

legoles3333
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:51 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
ill join up for a bit then maybe ill kill myself...
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing