LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:30 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Question that came up in an SdA game....

Let’s say I have a Nazgul on the table with 3 vitality. In my hand, I have The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders (with his toil 2) and Dark Approach. I have four forest sites on the adventure path, so Dark Approach lets me play Wikkie for -4 twilight cost. My question is this: can I ALSO exert my other Nazzie to use Wikkie’s toil 2 and save another 2 twilight?

I am assuming the answer is no, since you normally can’t "combine two phase actions" in a manner like that. But is toil considered a phase action? It’s a bit of a grey area, at least to me and the player I was on with.

So, I’m guessing no, but hoping yes. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:41 pm
i think that, in this case at least, you can because you play the dark approach, to play the nazgul, then when you play him, exert the other dude to knock off another 2. of course, i’m not the best to answer this, so...

we need bib.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:53 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
macheteman wrote:
i think that, in this case at least, you can because you play the dark approach, to play the nazgul, then when you play him, exert the other dude to knock off another 2. of course, i’m not the best to answer this, so...

we need bib.

See, that’s what I was hoping, but I wasn’t sure. Toil is simply "for each [culture] character you exert when playing this, its twilight cost is -X". In this case, the event actually does the playing...but toil doesn’t care HOW the minion is played, I don’t think. So it should be a valid combo...at least, I hope. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:11 pm
exactly. i agree. we shall see my friend.
ROLF!!!
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:11 pm
The answer is yes.

Dark Approach is a shadow action so you can’t combine two of them, or even one of them and Morgul Gates.

However, Toil is a triggered action (’when you play this card...’) so you can combine them.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:22 pm
Thranduil is correct. You can combine toil with Dark Approach.
All cards do what they say.
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:25 pm
bibfortuna25 wrote:
Thranduil is correct. You can combine toil with Dark Approach.

As long as I have Bib’s approval, I’m happy! Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
macheteman
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:58 pm
w00t!! yeah!
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions