LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:54 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Link to Challenge 1
Link to Challenge 2
Link to Challenge 3

And here we go again!

Question 1 (easy):

How many different basic lands are there in Magic: the Gathering? Name them.

Question 2 (medium):

Ivaldi has Circle of Protection: White on the table. At the end of his turn, Cleston discards a Plains from hand and plays Abolish for free, to which Ivaldi responds with Rethink. How much mana will Cleston need to pay to resolve his Abolish? Why?

Question 3 (hard):

FM plays Exalted Angel face down on the table, to which Anvar responds by playing Ertai’s Meddling with X=5. When the last delay counter is removed from the Angel, will it come into play as a face up 4/5 or a face down 2/2? Will FM be able to pay his morph cost then? Why?
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:13 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Link to Challenge 1
Link to Challenge 2
Link to Challenge 3

And here we go again!

Question 1 (easy):

5- Forest, Mountain, Swamp, Island, Plains.

Question 2 (medium):

Ivaldi has Circle of Protection: White on the table. At the end of his turn, Cleston discards a Plains from hand and plays Abolish for free, to which Ivaldi responds with Rethink. How much mana will Cleston need to pay to resolve his Abolish? Why?

3, because its converted mana cost is 3. Regardless of whether he put it into play some other way or not, the converted mana cost of the card is still 3.

Question 3 (hard):

FM plays Exalted Angel face down on the table, to which Anvar responds by playing Ertai’s Meddling with X=5. When the last delay counter is removed from the Angel, will it come into play as a face up 4/5 or a face down 2/2? Will FM be able to pay his morph cost then? Why?

It will come into play facedown 2/2, I think, (actually, I don’t know), because the original spell was played facedown for 3, and since it is a copy of the original spell, that also affects how the spell was cast, meaning that it would enter play EXACTLY as it would have resolved on the stack before.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:35 pm
NBarden wrote:
Regardless of whether he put it into play some other way or not [...]

Just a side note, remember, permanents come into play, spells that do not summon permanents NEVER come into play. Just check the Oracle text for the Rebels in Time Spiral, like Ramosian Revivalist, all of them suffered errata to say they put/return a Rebel PERMANENT card into/to play.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:43 pm
This isn’t a MtG card....
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:53 pm
Of course it is! However, since FS already had Tribal, the card WAS pritned correctly. Check Amrou Scout. He’s an example of what I mean.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:01 pm
My reply wasn’t.

Wording a MtG card and describing what happened are two different things. The card was put into play. You wouldn’t word it that way, but that’s what happened.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:33 pm
No. The card was played. Put into play is a different thing. It never entered the "in play" area. It just changed zones.
I don't like YOU.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:43 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Question 1 (easy):

Okay this definitely needs to come from the top of my head. Laughing

10: Forest, Swamp, Mountain, Island, Plains, Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Swamp, Snow-Covered Mountain, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Plains

Quote:
Question 2 (medium):

Cleston will need to pay 3 to prevent his Abolish from being countered, regardless of how he chose to play it. Rethink just cares about the converted mana cost.

Quote:
Question 3 (hard):

Exalted Angel... another fun (great?) card! My first introduction to lifelink. But I digress.

I think it’ll come into play face down as a 2/2, and FM will be able to pay its morph cost. Basically I don’t see why Ertai’s Meddling would change the way Exalted Angel was played, nor affect its ability to morph, if all it does is delay its resolution.

I just know a Sulfurous Blast is headed FM’s way. Razz

Felipe Musco wrote:
The card was played. Put into play is a different thing.

This was probably the most counterintuitive point I’ve run into so far in this game... thanks for straightening me out in the last quiz.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:10 pm
You say that because you haven’t been messing around with layers, timestamp and resolution/SBEs VS. Stack yet. I messed up SO horribly because of that I almost gave up writing these. But then I was forgiven for my mistake was legitimate, and mainly due to lack of practice. Rolling Eyes
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:30 pm
Oh yeah. Forgot to add that it can be morphed.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion