LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:48 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Alright, then. I’ll leave it as is.

Sorry, lem0n. Thou hast been outvoted.

With that settled, I’ll hopefully have a couple more cards up tomorrow. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:19 am
RIGHT! Thats it. Fine. See if i give a hootnanny.

Youll all see. Youll AAAAALL see.

When the set is finished ill be guffawing at all you guys trying to (theoretically) face an OP deck using this card combined with all the ones Dain is going to create!

I shall have the last laugh. Mark my words.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am

Question

Anyways, Dain, I’d definately suggest posting this section again for final review once the other cards are made.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:32 am
lem0nhead wrote:
RIGHT! Thats it. Fine. See if i give a hootnanny.

Youll all see. Youll AAAAALL see.

When the set is finished ill be guffawing at all you guys trying to (theoretically) face an OP deck using this card combined with all the ones Dain is going to create!

I shall have the last laugh. Mark my words.

Eh?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:10 pm
Gees you guys need to learn how to take a joke. Relax.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:43 pm
Okay, with that all behind us, let’s get to some all-new cards! Smile

Since the big debate seemed to be Mad With Desire, let’s do some cards that deal directly with its abilities...namely, burdens and the Ring-bearer wearing the Ring. Here are a couple such cards. Enjoy!

2 Orc Prowler Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 7
Vitality: 2
Site: 6
Tracker.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, this minion is strength +1 for each burden you can spot.
Even simple-minded Orcs seem able to sense the Ring’s pull.

2 Orc Skulker Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Tracker.
Skirmish: Exert this minion to make another Sauron or Wraith minion strength +2 (or +4 if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).
The sheer number of the Dark Lord’s forces make them very dangerous.

3Oppression of The Ring Sauron
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a Sauron minion.
Response: If a Sauron Orc kills a companion, add a burden (or 3 burdens if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring). Discard this condition.
“The Ring that hung upon its chain about his neck grew heavy, heavier than a great stone, and his head was dragged downwards.”

1Spies of the South Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Response: If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, exert a Sauron minion to make the Free Peoples player discard a card from hand for each burden you can spot. Discard this condition.
“‘They will know all the news now, for they have visited Bill Ferny; and probably that Southerner was a spy as well.’”

These are both directly inspired by very old Sauron cards--The Ring’s Oppression and Southern Spies (I even borrowed their same lore, though I may change that)--from back when Decipher seemed to be going somewhere with a make-the-RB-put-on-the-Ring thing and then never ran with it. Now, with the other Sauron cards in this set, those long-forgotten events see new life in the form of new and improved conditions. Twisted Evil Spies of the South is a little less nasty than the original (which made you discard your entire hand), but then again, the original was an event, so I guess that made a LITTLE more sense...whereas this, as a condition, needed to be nerfed a bit. Balanced enough, do you think?
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:40 am; edited 7 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:55 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Orc Prowler Sauron
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, this minion is strength +1 for each burden you can spot.

Nice. Really can’t complain (which is rare! Razz)

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Orc Skulker Sauron
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
Exert this minion to make another Sauron or Wraith minion strength +2 (or +4 if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).

Any particular reason for the Wraith stuff, or just to go back to classic Sauron? Oh, and it needs a phase action, but seems otherwise fine.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 The Ring’s Oppression Sauron (reprint)
Event • Response
If a Sauron Orc kills a companion, add a burden (or 3 burdens if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).
“The Ring that hung upon its chain about his neck grew heavy, heavier than a great stone, and his head was dragged downwards.”

Make it cost 1 as a response event - it’s just not worth the hand clog. I’d pay 3 if this was a unique condition though... Twisted Evil

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Response: If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, exert a Sauron minion to make the Free Peoples player discard a card from hand for every 2 burdens you can spot. Discard this condition.
“‘They will know all the news now, for they have visited Bill Ferny; and probably that Southerner was a spy as well.’”

Not good enough. Make it for each burden and it’s fine.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:07 pm
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Orc Skulker Sauron
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
Exert this minion to make another Sauron or Wraith minion strength +2 (or +4 if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).

Any particular reason for the Wraith stuff, or just to go back to classic Sauron? Oh, and it needs a phase action, but seems otherwise fine.

Mostly just to go back to "classic" Sauron, though in actuality, the Sauron/Wraith connection isn’t as strong in older sets as I thought it was. In fact, Morgul Skulker (which inspired this guy’s name) from WAY back in the first set is the ONLY Sauron minion Big D ever made that directly references the Wraith culture. I, on the other hand, will have a couple more. Twisted Evil

I’ll fix the phase action error, though. d'oh! I also changed the event to a condition, as you hinted at, and tweaked Spies of the South as you recommended. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:16 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

3 Orc Prowler Sauron
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
works

2 Orc Skulker Sauron
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
Skirmish: Exert this minion to make another Sauron or Wraith minion strength +2 (or +4 if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).
simple

3Oppression of The Ring Sauron
Condition
Resistance -1
To play, exert 2 Sauron minions. Bearer must be the Ring-bearer.
Response: If a Sauron Orc kills a companion, add a burden (or 3 burdens if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring). Discard this condition.
maybe to play exert a sauron tracker...

Condition • Support Area
Response: If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, exert a Sauron minion to make the Free Peoples player discard a card from hand for each burden you can spot. Discard this condition.

ditto above.,..
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:32 pm
I think oppression should be a support area condition, to keep it getting out of hand.

In that case, you might drop the cost or make it two burdens...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards