LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
ingold55
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:32 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Expanded

Ring bearer

Frodo Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring The Binding Ring

Starting fellowship

Garrison of Gondor
Faramir Captian of Gondor
Alcarin Warrior of Lamedon
Ingold

Companions

Garrison of Gondor x1
Faramir Captian of Gondor x1
Alcarin Warrior of Lamedon x1
Ingold x1
Aragorn Driven by Need x1
Elendil High King of Gondor x1
Boromir Hero of Osgiliath x1

Possessions/Artifacts

Anduril King’s Blade x1
Knight’s spear x2
Sword of Gondor x1
Narsil Blade of the Faithful x1
Flaming Brand x1
Gondor Bow x1
Bow of Minas Tirith x1
Armor of the Citadel x2
Shield of Boromir x1
Banner of the Westernesse x2
Ring of Barahir x1
Scrolls of Isildur x1
Seeing Stone of Orthanc x1
Sapling of the White Tree x2
Knife of the Galadhrim x1
Pallando Far-Traveling One x1
Sting x1
Mithril Coat x1

Condition

Fifth Level x3
Fourth Level x3
Sixth Level x2
Seventh Level x1
Stone Tower x1
Citadel of the Stars x1
City Wall x3
Garrison of Gondor x1
Rally Point x1

Minions

Southron Troop x1
Southron Captian x2
Southron Archer Legion x3
Far Harad Mercenaries x1
Southron Invaders x2
Southron Conqueror x2
Southron Marksmen x1
Desert Fighter x2
Southron Commander x1
Desert Sneak x3
Desert Warrior x1
Uruk Crossbow Troop x1
The Balrog Druin’s Bane x1

Possessions

Mumak x4
Raider Bow x4
Southron Bow x1
Southron Spear x2
Raider Halberd x1

Event/Conditions

Seasoned Leader x1
Rapid Fire x2
War Towers x2
New Fear x2
Mumakil of the Harad x2
Whirling Strike x2
Weapons of Isengard x1

Sites

The Prancing Pony
Ettenmoors
Rivendell Terrace
Dwarrowdelf Chamber
The Bridge of Khazad-Dum
Dimrill Dale
Anduin Confluence
Shores of Nen Hithoel
Emyn Muil

Kind of a lot of cards, and suggestions are welcome on cards to take out and add in.
Ok, so here are the strategies.

Fellowship:

Starting, get Aragorn out by using Prancing Pony. Then pull his ring by adding two burdens, using The One Ring The Binding Ring. Fifth Level, should keep the minions strength down. Then return it to your hand by using Rally Point. Fourth Level and Gondor Bow, will get rid of minions like Shelob and Sauron. Keep your fortifications out. It is the number one rule in this deck. Banner of the Westetnesse goes on Boromir and Elendil. Try not to use Knight’s Spear to often, unless need be. That way Aragorn won’t wound himself to death. Use Pallando on Elendil or Aragorn, since they have more health. Knife of the Galahrim goes on Aragorn, Armor of the Citadel is for making sure damage bonuses can’t be used on you. The main strategy is to get your fortifications out, and keep them out. Then make it to site nine as fast as possible. Frodo is in this deck because of his resistance. He can be exchanged with Isildur Bearer of Heirlooms. But Frodo is preferred.

Shadow:

Archer your’ opponent to death, and then use the minions strength to help finish them off. Don’t be afraid to discard your weak minions like Desert sneak and Desert warrior when the situation demands. Southron Archer Legion is the main fighting machine in the minion side of the deck, because of the archery technique it has, plus the strength it has. Try to weaken your opponent at the start, and then hit them hard at sites 6, 7, 8, 9.

suggestions please! i know this deck is not the best and i want some ideas on how to upgrade it please. Smile

thanks Very Happy
ingold Cool
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Hazael
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:17 am
umm... I mean no offense, but
yes, this could use help.

some ideas...
first of all, your Weapons of Isengard is not going to do anything when you only have one Isengard minion. I suggest taking them both out.

second, you have very expensive minions, but nothing really for pumps. You won’t be able to get all these minions out, so you need cheap weapons and events to boost the ones you can get out. I would add some more Raider Halberds. With the Raider Bows you have in here... you might consider putting Red Wrath in instead of whirling strike. It’s free when you have ambush 5.

The seasoned leader is not going to do much in this deck. Unless you put in a field of the fallen and more seasoned leaders. Then, you will be able to put the vitalities to good use by making them +3 for each exertion.

Also, you might want to think about cutting it down from 90 or so cards to around 70 maybe. But thats just a personal preference. I like 34-36.
The fellowship does not look too bad, but you will need to seriously consider cutting down on the deck size for a knight strategy like this.

I will put some more comments in later.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
ingold55
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:36 am
Hazael wrote:
umm... I mean no offense, but
yes, this could use help.

some ideas...
first of all, your Weapons of Isengard is not going to do anything when you only have one Isengard minion. I suggest taking them both out.

actually, the uruk-hai i have in allows you to place a token on a machine. so the uruk is ok. any more comments are welcomed. especially on the freeps side. i know what cards to get rid of in my minions, but not in my freep.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

exarrkun
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:01 pm
about the fellowship:
i should put in isildur because he’s great with knights
and in place of sting and mithril coat i should put in two citadel of minas tirith
and why ring of barahir?? you don’t have any token conditions
for the rest it looks pretty good but your starting fellowship is impossible because you can only have four pool
a story that has a happy ending is a story that isn't over yet...
Cobra
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:30 pm
Quote:
actually, the uruk-hai i have in allows you to place a token on a machine. so the uruk is ok.

You’re correct that the one Uruk archer you have can allow you to set off Weapons of Isengard, but Hazael’s point is that the combo is unreliable. If you draw your Uruk Crossbow Troop first, then you either have to hold it (hand clog = bad), or play it and make WoI useless when you draw it later. With that in mind, it’s probably better to take those two card slots and strengthen some other part of the deck -- +2 Whirling Strike (or Red Wrath) maybe.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
ingold55
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:05 pm
Cobra wrote:
Quote:
actually, the uruk-hai i have in allows you to place a token on a machine. so the uruk is ok.

You’re correct that the one Uruk archer you have can allow you to set off Weapons of Isengard, but Hazael’s point is that the combo is unreliable. If you draw your Uruk Crossbow Troop first, then you either have to hold it (hand clog = bad), or play it and make WoI useless when you draw it later. With that in mind, it’s probably better to take those two card slots and strengthen some other part of the deck -- +2 Whirling Strike (or Red Wrath) maybe.

i see what you meen. i will most likely change it. thanks.

ingold55
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:07 pm
exarrkun wrote:
and why ring of barahir?? you don’t have any token conditions
for the rest it looks pretty good but your starting fellowship is impossible because you can only have four pool

what do you call garrison of gondor? it has tokens on it.

i have been thinking about adding isildur, but i don’t like his resistance. so he is in a debate situation.

AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:01 pm
ingold55 wrote:
what do you call garrison of gondor? it has tokens on it.

I think he calls him a companion. Wink

You should switch him with Garrison of Osgiliath.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
ingold55
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:09 pm
yah that. Laughing

ingold55
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:51 pm
come on i know this isn’t the best deck. i need some ways to upgrade it, i am hoping to have a "tournament" and would really like to have a great deck. so please give me your ideas! Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded