LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
NappyKorn
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:47 pm
I was thinking, Dwarves with their Damage Bonuses might be a easy culture to run with. I decided to go through some cards and see if I could come up with a deck that would allow them to do so, and here is what I came up with:

Ring & Bearer:
Frodo, Weary From the Journey
The One Ring, The Binding Ring

Companions: (6)
Dain Ironfoot, King Under the Mountain (Starting)
Gimli, Feared Axeman (Starting)
Smeagol, Pitiable (Starting)
Durin III, Dwarven Lord x2
Gloin, Son of Groin

Conditions: (16)
Proud and Able
Thorin’s Harp x2
Follow Smeagol x2
Mountain Homestead x4
Secret Paths x2
There’s Another Way x2
Till Durin Wakes Again x3

Events: (2)
Blood Runs Chill x2

Possessions/Artifacts: (10)
Ring of Artifice x2
Ring of Fury
Ring of Guile
Ring of Retribution
Sting, Elven Long Knife
Belt of Erebor x2
Dwarven Axe x3

Sitepath:
The Bridge of Khazad-Dum
Abandoned Mine Shaft
Cavern Entrance
Barazinbar
Chamber of Mazarbul
West Gate of Moria
Mount Doom
Starkhorn
Dammed Gate-Stream (Starting)

Strategy:

Bid 0 or 1 and go first and play Dammed Gate-Stream. Use the site text to pull Follow Smeagol so after the opponent plays site2 you can exert Smeagol every regroup phase to play the next site (underground). Mountain Homestead makes each Dwarf at a Mountain site strength +2 and with Thorin’s Harp you can exert a Dwarven companion to make each site a mountain. I decided to try a good way of healing the Dwarves as they ran up the sitepath so I decided to use Till Durin Wakes Again which lets you heal each Dwarven companion that moves from an underground site. If for some reason the opponent gets to play a site that isn’t underground or is running a Wraith deck that uses Nelya you can discard There’s Another Way to replace the site with an underground site during the regroup phase. Now time for the running part. I used Secret Paths for the triple move. It lets you spot Smeagol and add 2 threats to make the move limit +1 until the end of te turn. You can always use Sting, Elven Long Knife to remove those threats. If your Dwarves’ damage bonuses don’t clear the field for the double and triple move you can play Blood Runs Chill to get rid of the minions and/or conditions and whatever else might ne in the way. Till Durin Wakes Again let’s you heal from the exertions you add from Thorin’s Harp, Blood Runs Chill, and hopefully any wounds you will take during skirmishes. And the Mountain Homestead is a great pump when used with Thorin’s Harp. Durin III with 2 Mountain Homestead, Ring of Fury, Ring of Guile, and a Dwarven Axe is a nice strength 18 damage +4 more if you have Proud and Able out. I decided to use The Binding Ring so I could get my Dwarven rings out of my deck as I need them. I used Gimli, Feared Axeman to protect my Dwarven conditions from discarding by exerting a Dwarf and with Till Durin Wakes Again they should heal on the move. Dain Ironfoot helps make you other Dwarven companions cheaper and you can discard a Dwarven condition to discard a minion during the regroup if you need to for the double or possible triple, Gloin can helps cycle. The Belt of Erebor helps when facing any minions with damage bonuses since you will be exerting the Dwarves quite a bit to make sites mountains, protect your conditions, and discard shadow cards.

Let me know what you think and thanks.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:29 pm
Okay, I like this deck. A lot. As such, I’m going to see how much better we can do with it.

34 cards is a little large for a run deck period. Run decks must be small. My ent run is 30/30, with filtering and a heck of a huge starting fellowship. You must set up extremely fast, usually have everything ready to run by site 3. You don’t have that. If you try to run with the deck as is, you’ll get pummeled.

Okay, drop Safe Paths. Its not a good run card. Go with Radagast, the typical tripler.

Pitiable Guide is NOT the Smeagol for the deck. You want to cycle, not throw cards back into your deck. Actually, with that in mind, use Smeagol, Poor Creature or Hurried Guide.

You throw out way to much twilight. Toss in a couple Safe Passage. You’ll need it.

Dain looks cool, but you don’t have enough conditions to toss. Drop him, start Gloin.

Try Thrarin, Smith of Erebor instead. Awesome dude. BRC + Thrarin = OUCH!

Now what to drop. Hm...Secret Paths x 2, Follow Smeagol x 1 (you’re grabbing with Dammed Gate-Stream, right?). BTW, side note, I sure hope you’re running something Orc on the shadow side. If you want, I can give you something that’ll break Demoralized wide open. AP tasted the wrath of Demoralized/Rapid Reload once...I think. Anyway, so drop 1 Follow Smeagol, 2 Secret Paths, 2 There’s Another Way, 1 Till Durin Wakes Again, 2 Belt of Erebor. Swap one of the Ring of Artifice for a Ring of Fury.

So I think we have this.

ADD (8):

Radagast x 2
Safe Passage x 2
Thrarin, Smith of Erebor
BRC x 2 (more)
Ring of Fury

DROP (10):

Dain Ironfoot
Secret Paths x 2
Follow Smeagol
There’s Another Way x 2
Till Durin Wakes Again
Belt of Erebor x 2
Ring of Artifice

32 cards. Pair with something Orc that makes everything underground, and you won’t have a problem ruling the sitepath. Try Underground orcs.

Denizen of Khazad Dum x 4
Denizen of Moria x 2
Denizen of the Black Pit x 4
Frenzied Orc x 4
Scurrying Goblin x 4
Watchful Orc x 4
Orc Dreg x 4
Orkish Fiend x 4

Goblin Hordes x 4

This is called bomb. Just throw out Orcs blindly, whenever possible. You need no strategy with this really. Just keep them from doubling while you can run. And trust me, once an Orkish Fiend hits the table, they won’t double. The shadow has a kick, but you don’t really need it to have killing power, just the power to stop a run. And trust me, it has that covered completely. They should also cycle somewhat.

Hope this helps!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded