LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:13 pm
--- description ---
--- end description ---

Yeah I want to go for it. The problem is, by putting cards in to recycle the Men men back into the deck or on to a possession is hard, when I want a bunch of other good cards. Here goes...

Pavise x3
Primitive Brand x2
Wildman’s Oath x4
Countless Companies x2
Easterling Dispatcher x4
In the wild Man’s wake x2
Sunland guard x3
Sunland Scout x2
Sunland Skirmisher x4
Sunland sneak x2
Sunland Trooper x4
Lying in Wait x2
Vengeful Savage x2

Really minion-heavy as required for most swarms...Would it be good to find a way to integrate Mouth of Saruman? Here’s what I want to do: recycle the minions like crazy, and dump 9+ minions every turn w/o using the x’ed Strange-looking men.

Ideas?
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:19 pm
Bump. Anyone read this?
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
NBarden
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:10 pm
I’ll get a comment up later...if I have time. Right now, focus on swarm. You’re to scattered.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:40 pm
Okay, let’s see how this works.

You’re too scattered. Focus on stacking and playing, a lot. That being said, pack 4x Ted Sandyman, perfect for both swarming and stacking.

Actually, your deck needs more than a little work, it needs some replacing. Maybe try something like this.

37 cards

Countless Companies
Last Days

Pavise
Primitive Brand x 2
Wildman’s Oath x 4

Pandemonium x 2 (Must pack at least a couple Pandemonium).

Sunland Guard x 3
Sunland Sneak x 4 (Dirt cheap and HUGE)
Easterling Dispatcher x 4
Sunland Skirmisher x 4 (Number one playing machine)
Sunland Trooper x 2
Vengeful Primitive x 2 (Great for setting up)
Ted Sandyman, Chief Man’s Ally x 3 (Your favorite stacker)
Stampeding Hillsman x 2 (Nabs Ted again)

Try that.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:25 pm
Yeah, I’ll try that.

Ted sandyman should be in there, definitely.
My Trading List
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:56 am
I have a question about this. I know I’m bumping a kind of old thread but I was building a deck like this myself. Why Ted Sandyman? I know he helps stack and all, but it’s during the regroup phase. He only has a strength of 3 and would more than likely be overwhelmed during a skirmish so his text for regroup would never get to be used. Maybe I’m missing something here. Anyway here is the deck I built if interested:

Minions: ( 21 )
x2 Stampeding Savage
x4 Sunland Guard
x2 Sunland Scout
x2 Sunland Sneak
x3 Sunland Warrior
x3 Vengeful Primitive
x2 Vengeful Savage
x3 The mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor

Possessions: ( 8 )
x3 Ceremonial Armor
x2 Pavise
x2 Primitive Brand
x1 Wild Man’s Oath

Conditions: ( 2 )
x1 Last Days
x1 Countless Companies

Events: ( 4 )
x2 In the Wild Man’s Wake
x2 Pandemonium

Total Size ( 35 )

I think that perhaps using Vengeful Primitive during the Maneuver phase will help stack the minions pretty well, and then if you have primitive Brand out you can also stack your minions if/when bearer wins the skirmish. Also Vengeful Savage can help you stack minions from your discard pile when he wins a skirmish.

Not sure if it is complete feasible or not, but I think I found a pretty neat trick with this deck if you can pull it off. Once you get things set up (enough minions on possessions) you can play a Sunland Guard and Pavise during the shadow phase. Then for maneuver play some minions for your possessions then play Vengeful Primitive (either from your possessions or hand) to discard all your minions from play. That triggers Last Days, making all your minions from hand -2 to play (hopefully another sunland guard or 2 in hand). Then use those Guards to play what minions you can from the possessions again with the extra twilight Vengeful Primitive gave you for discarding (in since restacking them) your minions in the maneuver phase. Most of the minions are twilight cost 3 so if you have quite a few in hand after Last Days is triggered by Vengeful Primitive they play for 1 and then you can replay what you can from your possessions again. Not sure it is completely consistent but with 21 minions in the deck it should/could work.

Anyway sorry CBB for posting my deck on your thread, but maybe it will help you out some no the less.

BTW I may consider cutting a Ceremonial Armor and both In the Wild Man’s Wake for 3 more minions haven’t decided yet, but it seems like a pretty good idea at the moment Thumbs Up
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded