LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:38 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Alright, a four-round contest, all points-based. Everything this time around will be based around the Petty-Dwarves in Children of Hurin (and, as necessary, beyond, but try to keep that to a minimum.)

This is in order to fill up the last few gaps in my Dwarven-culture shadow cards in Children of Hurin. Feel free to enter the contest even if you haven’t read the book. I’ve sorta expanded the scope of the dwarves from the book anyway (there’s only 3 in the story.)

If you want to get an idea of what’s alreayd in place, a list of the existing shadow-dwarves, along with keyword definitions, can be found in this topic:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=111994

Wining cards from each round, and cards that I happen to like, will end up in my Children of Hurin set, with the DC creator’s name noted in the list. That being the whole point of having the contest, and all....

I’ll let people sign up until Saturday (26).

When I post the each challenge, I’ll give you the basic idea of what hole(s) in the chaotic SH[Dwarf] strategy I hope to have filled in that round.

Enter the contest, have fun, and thanks!
Last edited by AgentDrake on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:51 am; edited 6 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:33 pm
Because I complained so much when you spoiled this culture, I feel almost honour bound to enter this contest! Razz

You might have to give me some pointers on the Petty Dwarves in the story though, having not read the Children of Hurin (though I have read the Silmarillion).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:59 pm
I’ll give it a go.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:32 am
Not read silly million or children of horn but what the heck bring it on.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:38 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Been thinking about it, and what the hey? I’ll give it a try.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:05 pm
I think I may be able to do something, yeah. Have a GP

AD the link you provided only explains the Corrupted keyword. I want to know about the others.

And I have not been following your petty-dwarves half as much as I should like, as I like less than half of DC less then the DC’s deserve.

In other words, I may not do well.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:18 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Celebrimbor wrote:
I think I may be able to do something, yeah. Have a GP

AD the link you provided only explains the Corrupted keyword. I want to know about the others.

And I have not been following your petty-dwarves half as much as I should like, as I like less than half of DC less then the DC’s deserve.

In other words, I may not do well.

Oops. Heh. I left all that extra "#whatever" on the end of the link.

The top post should have a definition of both Corrupted and Guard, which are the only two new keywords, aside from a few rule terminology changes (ringbearer becomes cursebearer, Fellowship becomes Company, etc.) Those should all be in the first post too. Oh yeah. And Curse-Bound replaces Ring-Bound. I need to edit that in.

GP for pointing that out. Thanks!

You’ll do fine, I’m sure. Wink
You should’ve seen my scores in DC contests back on Decipher’s forums.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:16 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Oops. Heh. I left all that extra "#whatever" on the end of the link.

I looked on all the pages of the link...still can’t find it. Anyway how long are you going to wait around to start the contest? I’m not rushing you, I want to get an idea of how long the whole thing will take.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:57 am
Alright, well anyway, here it is:

The ring-bearer has become Hero (tell me if you can think of something better, though.)

The Ring has become The Curse of Morgoth

The Fellowship has become the Company.

The FP player can control sites.

Unique events are events which may only be used once per game. They go in a sort of "dead pile for events" after use. Only Valar events will be unique.

New Keywords:

Guard [Culture] X. (While you can spot another [culture] character, this character is strength +X.)
Corrupted. (This card may be played regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.)

The Cultures:

Dwarven: Dwarven
Edain: Snow
Elven: Elven
Evil Men: Men
Gaurwaith: Green
Morgoth/Sauron: Sauron
Orc: Orc
Valar: Gandalf

I’ll try to figure out the other page later.

I was meaning to start the contest this Saturday, but apparently I looked at the wrong spot on my calendar and said NEXT saturday. Oops.

Yeah. DISREGARD THE START DATE I MENTIONED ALREADY. I SCREWED UP.

Okay. We start THIS Saturday.

Thanks to everyone who’s joined so far!
Everyone else: There’s still time to join (if not quite as much as I said before...)
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:38 pm
Alright, so I was a little late. I hope that doesn’t become a regular habit....

The Petty-Dwarves are long out of mind, for Mim was the last. The Nibin-nogrim the Elves of Beriland called them long ago, but the did not love them; and the petty-dwarves loved none but themselves. If they hated and feared the Orcs, they hated also the Eldar, and the Exiles most of all; for the Noldor, they said, had stolen their lands and their homes.Nargothrond was first found and its delving begun by the petty-dwarves, long before Finrod Felagund came over the Sea.
They came, some said, of Dwarves that had been banished from the Dwarf-cities of the east in ancient days. Long before the return of Morgoth they had wandered westward. Being masterless and few in number, they found it hard to come by the ore of metals, and their smith-craft and store of weapons dwindled; and they took to lives of stealth, and became somewhat smaller in stature than their eastern kin, walking with bent shoulders and quick, furtive steps. Nonetheless, as all the Dwarf-kind, they were far stronger than their stature promised, and they could cling to life in great hardship. But now at last they had dwindled and died out of Middle-Earth, all save Mim and his two sons; and Mim was old even in the reckoning of Dwarves, old and forgotten....

FIRST CHALLENGE:

Okay, so I took a little liberty. There are more than just those three Petty-Dwarves in the set. The first challenge will be to create another Petty Dwarf minion.
The requirements/Ought-to’s are thus:
Must be non-unique
Must cost 3 or less
Must be site 4
Ought to, in some way, deal with one (or more) of the following:
Muster, Dwarven tokens, burdens, or provide a way to draw cards.

Lore is appreciated, but not required. If you don’t have a copy of Children of Hurin/Haven’t read it, then you can make up your own lore, use something from the section that I posted, or ignore it.

You may use any already existing keyword, plus my new loaded keyword Guard [Culture] X. (For a definition, see my above post.)

Again, if you want to look at what I already have, the link to the thread with all the Petty-Dwarf cards is here:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5939
They should be in the fourth post down.

Since, at the moment, I feel like doing an anonymous DC con, PM me your entries. I’ll put them all into Patent-Pending ADF (AgentDrake Format... aka *s instead of those uniqueness dots which I still haven’t figured out how to make, etc.) Intended deadline is SUNDAY (27th). If I run late again (I don’t expect to) it’ll be whenever I manage to post the voting.

Thank you, have fun, and build me an army worthy of the Petty-Dwarves!
Last edited by AgentDrake on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards