LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:12 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Quote:
Entry A:
2 Dwarven Outcast Dwarven
Minion - Dwarf
Strength: 5
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
Muster.
Shadow: Remove a burden to reinforce 2 Dwarven tokens.
Skirmish: Exert this minion and remove a Dwarven token to make it strength +X, where X is the number of Dwarves you can spot with muster.
"They came, some said, of Dwarves that had been banished from the Dwarf-cities of the east in ancient days."

The only problem I see is that the Shadow ability is VERY powerful when coupled with Ibun, Conspiring Devil’s regroup ability. With all the muster Drake has going around, the skirmish ability could get a little out of hand too...I would have liked it better if he had only 2 vitality. But it’s a pretty cool card overall.

Quote:
Entry B:
3 Outcast of West Beleriand Dwarven
Minion - Dwarf
Strength: 5
Damage +1. Lurker. Muster. Guard Dwarven 2.
At the start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may remove a Dwarven token from your condition to make it strength +2.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Dwarven token.
“It was this people who excavated the caves of Narog – in their own tongue Nulukkizdin – but they were fugitives from their own people....”

Jeez, any other keywords you want to throw on there? Razz Nifty text, though...as long as you keep winning skirmishes. FP pumps would be this guy’s bane. Better make sure you have a token left to reinforce before you remove any, too.

Quote:
Entry C:
3 Bitter Dwarf Dwarven
Minion - Dwarf
Strength: 7
To play, spot a Dwarven minion.
While you can spot 3 Dwarven tokens, this minion is strength +2.
While you can spot 3 burdens, this minion gains muster.
While you have 4 cards in hand, this minion is damage +1.
... for the Noldor, they said, had stolen their lands and their homes.

A little of everything, which is nice, though it’s kind of unlikely you’ll be able to have all of those active at once. I suppose that’s the point, though....

Quote:
Entry D:
2 Petty-dwarf Sneak Dwarven
Minion - Dwarf
Strength: 6
Muster.
When you play Petty-dwarf Sneak, you may remove 3 Dwarven tokens from shadow conditions to add a burden. The Free Peoples player may make you draw 3 cards to prevent this.
...they took to lives of stealth, and became somewhat smaller in stature than their eastern kin, walking with bent shoulders and quick, furtive steps.

Props for using a title similiar to Drake’s Dwarven minions, but negative points for not capitalizing "Shadow" and using the name of a non-unique character instead of simply "this minion". Shame on you Yes, I’m the grammer Nazi lately. Razz Seems an awfully tough way of adding a burden, but that’s probably necessary for a cheapie like him. I’d almost be rooting for the FP player to make me draw all those cards. Drool

All look pretty good, actually. I think I’ll have to go with the last two, though. #3 and #4 get my votes.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:06 pm
1) B
2) D

All good cards, though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I am going to try to identify everyones DC byt he time the contesants are done voting.

B and D
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:03 pm
A and C
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:49 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
A few more votes?

Pretty please?

Laughing I forgot; I still have to vote, myself. Will do so once I have time for some reviews on these. I suppose I can’t really complain about votes, then.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:59 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Alright, my votes are D and C.

Total then is:

A (Lem0n): 2 pts
B (Dain): 4 pts
C (Thran): 4 pts
D (el): 6 pts

el’s DC, Petty-Dwarf Sneak, will go into my CoH DC set as soon as I have time to cut-paste it into the right spot.

GP to el, and I just realized I forgot to enter myself. Rolling Eyes
Will fix that this round.

Alright, this round, we’ll have the following challenge.

Requirements:
Create a Support Area condition or Possession which:
Can either draw cards OR act as hand extension of some sort without being broken.
May be unique or non-unique.
Costs 2 or less.
Again, lore is preferable, but not required. I’ll edit a paragraph or two into this topic when I have a chance for you to draw lore from if you don’t have the book, and don’t want to make up your own.

Good luck!
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:47 pm
Man, I missed the last one.

OK if I pop in this round?

PM coming up Smile
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:40 pm
Uh...when is this due?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:55 pm
Dang, I knew I forgot something! Laughing

Have it PM’ed to me by Monday 18th. I’m probably gonna be gone from this Tuesday until then, so....

And I need to change the thread title to challenge 2.

Anything else I forgot? Rolling Eyes
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:57 pm
Yeah, you...uh...owe me $20 for that...um...thing. Angel Pay up.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards