LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK I am deeply confused. exactly how did triumph and menace work? and how were arwen and gandalf and all those D card ever supposed to be balanced? did it have to do with gamer points or something?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Kralik
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:44 pm
The Triumph and Menace mechanic never really worked well -- it had something to do with the online card game and probability. If I remember correctly: for Free People’s, each skirmish event they played with the Triumph companion would increase the probability that its bonus would trigger. For Shadow, each twilight token increased the Menace probability. Eventually if you played it right you should have a 100% probability of the text triggering. It’s something you cannot exactly replicate in a real sit-down game, since the computer had to keep track of it all and role the dice for you.

The overpowered D cards were special League cards that had to be purchased by League points, which were generally hard to get. The versions shown on the site are the completely maxed-out versions, which would have cost 40 League Points. I don’t think they were tournament legal.
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thanks! GP

how hard were league points to get Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Kralik
Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:47 pm
Link
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion