LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:03 pm
We’re a good solid number now. Thumbs Up I’ll wait a bit more but I suspect we may start soon (maybe tomorrow).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:56 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Heh, why not?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:02 pm
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Oh, late entry! I’ll sign up for this! Very Happy
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:03 am
Wow, even more people! Shocked

Then we’re definitely starting later today.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:26 pm
Right, I think it’s time to get down to some DCing. Cool

The first virtual card I want you to make is arguably the worst rare card ever printed: The Weight of A Legacy

You’re card should therefore look something like this:

0 The Weight of a Legacy (V) Sauron
Condition
Text.
Lore.
1 R 282

As a reminder of the rules (special additions to the rules for this round are underlined), your card should:

1) Have the same title (with a (V) attached to the end) and the same uniqueness
2) Have the same twilight cost, culture, type and sub-type *NOTE: because in FotR ’Support Area’ was not a sub-type, there is nothing to stop you adding the text ’Plays to your support area’ to this card should you so wish*
3) Have whatever attribute modifiers you think appropriate
4) Have a different text, maybe similar, but could also be on completely different lines and it should broadly work with Sauron strategies from FotR
5) Have a lore which you want, it’s really up to you - you can keep the same lore or put in your own, it doesn’t really matter.

In some of the later rounds I’ll be much stricter with what I want, but for this opening round the text is entirely up to you.

Cards should be PMed to me before next week Wednesday 30th January. If you have a problem with the timing, don’t hesitate to tell me and I’ll try and work something out.

I’m also going to try a slightly different policy for contests: I think it’s unreasonable for the same DCer to act as both design and development and cards should not lose out on votes just because they have the wrong twilight cost, for example. So, if I notice any blatant balance issues in your cards, I will return them to you with my suggestion(s) and then you can PM it to me again if you want to change it.

If you still haven’t joined the contest but want to, then as long as you PM me the card or post below before the deadline, I’ll sign you up.

So, I think that’s everything. I look forward to seeing your cards, and don’t forget to have fun! Razz

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:09 am
DC Sent. Was surprisngly quite tricky actually due to some of the restrictions.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:35 pm
Sent! GL to all...
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:28 pm
Got 3 cards. Good entries all of them.

Keep ’em coming! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:51 pm
Got half of the entries now. Thumbs Up

Not to nag you or anything, but I’ve sent PMs as quick reminders to those who haven’t yet submitted.

Deadline Wednesday (in future, deadlines will be quicker, but I’ve been quite busy recently).

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:46 pm
Sorry, been outta town interning these past couple days, and then it slipped my memory yesterday and today.

Will sent ASAP.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards