LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:03 pm
I still think 2 things:

1) That the powerful main stones like Fell Shadow and Pure Light should be unable to be borne with another elfstone, which balances out nicely, saves some text and works with the fact that they’re quite a bit more powerful than others.

2) Stone of Earendil should not claim to be the same one from the First Age when there’s a perfectly reasonable alternate explanation and Tolkien himself never decides which one is correct. Look it up in the Celeborn and Galadriel section of Unfinished Tales and you’ll find 2 stories of the origins of the Elessar. It was either the Stone of Earendil or it was made by Celebrimbor (or possibly another smith of Gondolin instead).

Other than that, I have no complaints.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:29 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Well, now that all those Stones are behind us (for now, at least), let’s move on to another ancient, powerful object. Very Happy

For all their travels, Berethor and his company never cross paths with Frodo and the Ring. In fact, the hobbit is barely mentioned, and the Ring itself is discussed, but almost as an afterthought. This makes sense in the context of the game, as The Third Age is more about fighting Sauron’s many minions than stealthily creeping into Mordor, but wouldn’t make much sense in the world of the card game, as everything centers around the Ring and your Ring-bearer.

I’m still deciding how I will do Ring-bearers in this set--since it’s not TTA-exclusive as I originally envisioned, there are many possibilities--but the Ring itself I have worked out. Well, one version of it, at least.....

The One Ring, Ring of Great Value Ring
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Skirmish: Add a burden to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
Response: While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take any number of wounds, add two burdens or a burden and a threat instead.
“‘In the fires of Mordor, he forged, in secret, One Ring to rule them all. And with it, Sauron enslaved the races of Middle-earth.’”

The lore IS from The Third Age, in one of those rare times it’s discussed (by Gandalf in the beginning of the game), so at least there’s SOME connection to Berethor and friends.

Might seem a bit weak at first glance, but since it gives boosts to ALL major stats, it’s actually quite nice as long as you don’t have to wear it too often. That, plus it REALLY shuts down damage bonuses, since it prevents ALL wounds each time. What do you think?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:40 am
Interesting. I think I’d have to use it before knowing exactly how good it is, but it seems to have limited use for ARBs.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Strength +1
Vitality +1
Response: While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take any number of wounds, add two burdens or a burden and a threat instead.
“‘In the fires of Mordor, he forged, in secret, One Ring to rule them all. And with it, Sauron enslaved the races of Middle-earth.’”

Might seem a bit weak at first glance, but since it gives boosts to ALL major stats,

add a resistance +1 boost, and we are on the same page.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:07 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Strength +1
Vitality +1

Hmm probably ok Dain, TOR is always hard to balance but this is a pretty good shot at it.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards