LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Malachi
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:11 pm
I think posting templates or links to them does not violate the copyright, does it?
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:26 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I dunno. Could a mod tell me whether I can just post the things here, and be done with it? Particularly my alternate cultures ones?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:37 pm
I want templates too please?!
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:26 pm
Kralik wrote:
With a bit of work, I’ve managed to figure out how to "extract" a blank card template of each culture. Does anyone know what font(s) Decipher uses, and if they are available for download? Or any guesses?

I was hoping to be able to make cards with the errata actually in the card image, or perhaps make my own dream cards that look like the real deal. Cool

Hey kralik if you have downloaded deciphers online lotr tcg game, inside the game (probably under c:\program files\decipher once installed) you can find somewhere in that folder or one of the containing folders a font file called "lotrsymbols.ttf") - copy that file to the windows\fonts directory and that’ll make it accessible to microsoft word, notepad. etc etc.

To use the font in microsoft word, you have to select that font, then use the add/insert symbol command. That’ll show all the lotr culture symbols to use.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:27 pm
Kralik wrote:
With a bit of work, I’ve managed to figure out how to "extract" a blank card template of each culture. Does anyone know what font(s) Decipher uses, and if they are available for download? Or any guesses?

I was hoping to be able to make cards with the errata actually in the card image, or perhaps make my own dream cards that look like the real deal. Cool

Hey kralik if you have downloaded deciphers online lotr tcg game, inside the game (probably under c:\program files\decipher once installed) you can find somewhere in that folder or one of the containing folders a font file called "lotrsymbols.ttf") - copy that file to the windows\fonts directory and that’ll make it accessible to microsoft word, notepad. etc etc.

To use the font in microsoft word, you have to select that font, then use the add/insert symbol command. That’ll show all the lotr culture symbols to use.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Lasseloth
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:52 pm
Hi,

Don’t know if this is of any help, but the fonts used to make the lotr cards are:

Matrix Bold (card title, subtitle, class/race)

Garamond (gametext)

and Centaur with Swash caps (Lore)

These are all commercial fonts available to buy for everyone.

With the Matrix font, you need to type capitals and then use the "make smallcaps" function to make the smaller caps if you have one. If you don’t have such a function, just reduce the corps with 20 or so percent.

Cheers,

Lasseloth
Kralik
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:57 pm
Good to know, how did you find that out? Smile
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion