LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:20 am
Reviews seem to be particularly sparse at the moment. Never mind.

I changed Cirdan so hopefully he’s good. Now onto another ring and the associated Elven Lords:

5 • Gil-Galad, King in Lindon Elven
Companion • Elf
Str: 9
Vit: 4
Res: 6
To play, spot an Elf.
While Gil-Galad bears an artifact, he gains enduring 1.
Skirmish: Discard an artifact borne by Gil-Galad to make an Elf strength +1 (or +2 if that artifact was a ring).

4 • Elrond, Son of Earendil Elven
Companion • Elf
Str: 8
Res: 7
To play, spot 2 Elven cards.
While Elrond bears an artifact, he gains "Stalwart - (when Elrond is assigned to a minion of greater strength you may:) heal another companion".
Regroup: Discard an artifact borne by Elrond to remove a threat (or 2 threats if that artifact was a ring).

0 • Vilya, First of the Three Elven
Artifact • Ring
Vit: +1
Legendary.
Bearer must be a unique Elf.
If this card is discarded from play, you play another artifact from your discard pile.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:09 am
Thranduil wrote:

Dain is probably ill or busy and like i said CC has a terminal illness.

Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
Skirmish: Discard an artifact borne by Gil-Galad to make an Elf strength +1 (or +2 if that artifact was a ring).

Coolio. Simple yet effective.

4 • Elrond, Lord of Imladris Elven
Companion • Elf
While Elrond bears an artifact, he gains "Stalwart - (when Elrond is assigned to a minion of greater strength you may:) heal a companion".
Regroup: Discard an artifact borne by Elrond to remove a threat (or 2 threats if that artifact was a ring).

Cool.

Artifact • Ring
Legendary.
Bearer is legendary.
If this card is discarded from play, you play another artifact from your discard pile.

Cool.

Thranduil

Sorry about the review quality but i think theyre all sound.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.
should it be he gains enduring one for each artifact he bears? and it should be +2 or +3 if it was a ring.

Companion • Elf
While Elrond bears an artifact, he gains "Stalwart - (when Elrond is assigned to a minion of greater strength you may:) heal a companion".
GP for reminder text.

Artifact • Ring
Legendary.
Bearer is legendary.

again I would include the vitality bonus.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:43 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:

Yeah, last couple days have been nutso for me. Confused Sorry about that.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Elf
To play, spot an Elf.

Obviously especially awesome with Vilya and Aiglos, thanks to their vitality bonuses. Good stuff.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Elf

MAYBE make his Stalwart only heal OTHER companions...otherwise, unless facing a huge or damage-bonused minion, he can just skirmish large minions over and over and keep healing the wounds he takes from them.

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Legendary.
Bearer is legendary.

I’m with SoP: there’s really no reason for this (or your new Narya) to lack its usual vitality bonus. Strongly recommend adding it back.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:16 pm
Changed cards according to suggestions. My only worry about the rings with vitality bonuses is that you want to discard them quite regularly.

Okay, our last Elven Lord now.

3 • Galadriel, Of the House of Finwe Elven
Companion • Elf
Str: 3
Vit: 3
While Galadriel bears an artifact and you can spot 3 Elves, she gains "Stalwart - (when Galadriel is assigned to a minion of greater strength you may:) remove a burden".
Skirmish: Discard an artifact borne by Galadriel to prevent an Elf from being overwhelmed unless his or her strength is tripled (or prevent an Elf from being overwhelmed if that artifact is a ring).

0 • Nenya, Second of the Three Elven
Artifact • Ring
Legendary.
If this artifact is discarded from play, you may take an Elven event into hand from your discard pile.

And now for the first support card which warrants some explanation on the background. Celebrimbor founded this sort of secret society in Eregion devoted to making crazy stuff which included all the rings and so forth. And this is what they were called:

2 • Gwaith-i-Mirdain Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Elves.
Each time your artifact is discarded from play, you may stack it here from your discard pile.
Maneuver: Discard a card stacked here to choose an opponent who must exert his or her minion.
Regroup: Discard 2 cards stacked here to reconcile your hand.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:46 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Changed cards according to suggestions. My only worry about the rings with vitality bonuses is that you want to discard them quite regularly.
and you also want to have a half-decent reason not to discard them

Companion • Elf
To play, spot 2 Elves.
While Galadriel bears an artifact, she gains "Stalwart - (when Galadriel is assigned to a minion of greater strength you may:) remove a burden".
Skirmish: Discard an artifact borne by Galadriel to prevent an Elf from being overwhelmed unless his or her strength is tripled (and prevent all wounds to that Elf if that artifact was a ring).
cool

Artifact • Ring
Legendary.
Bearer is legendary.
If this artifact is discarded from play, you may take an Elven event into hand from your discard pile.
cool
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Elves.
Each time your artifact is discarded from play, you may stack it here from your discard pile.
Maneuver: Discard a card stacked here to choose an opponent who must exert his or her minion.
l

needs to be a way to take them into hand...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:06 am
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Elf
To play, spot 2 Elves.
While Galadriel bears an artifact, she gains "Stalwart - (when Galadriel is assigned to a minion of greater strength you may:) remove a burden".
Skirmish: Discard an artifact borne by Galadriel to prevent an Elf from being overwhelmed unless his or her strength is tripled (and prevent all wounds to that Elf if that artifact was a ring).

Hmm her ability is overkill. Its already awesome as it has no limit so you could do this to every companion every turn with the ease of artifacts but stopping all wounds as well; thats just insane. You could remove a burden then do this to herself to stop her dying, too strong combo for one person. Id remove the wound line at least nad/or edit the overwhelm line to adding pool as well or something.

Artifact • Ring
Legendary.
Bearer is legendary.

My only worry is your own Thrasn about discarding vitality addders.

Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Elves.

Id change the maneuver to 2 cards and lower cost to 1. But good card.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:27 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Hmm her ability is overkill. Its already awesome as it has no limit so you could do this to every companion every turn with the ease of artifacts but stopping all wounds as well; thats just insane. You could remove a burden then do this to herself to stop her dying, too strong combo for one person. Id remove the wound line at least nad/or edit the overwhelm line to adding pool as well or something.

I was worried about that too. The only problem was, I wanted to make her Stalwart at least remotely viable and an extra ability for discarding a ring like the others.

Should be changed by the time you read this!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:16 am
Better *i think*.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:11 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:

Understood. But I still see no reason for them to lack it.

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Elf
To play, spot 2 Elves.
Skirmish: Discard an artifact borne by Galadriel to prevent an Elf from being overwhelmed unless his or her strength is tripled (or prevent an Elf from being overwhelmed if that artifact is a ring).

Wow, still pretty darn powerful. But this is a Galadriel I would probably actually USE, so extra points for that. Balanced, but JUST barely. MAN is it close.

Thranduil wrote:
Artifact • Ring
Legendary.
Bearer is legendary.

Okay, I suppose.

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Elves.

lem0n’s idea is something to consider, but considering the hefty spotting requirement, it’s probably okay as is.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards