LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:39 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
With the title, it might make sense to tie in fortifications, though I can’t remember how much you personally use them. So perhaps "and you may exert a Man or minion bearing a fortification he or she is skirmishing". *shrug* It ain’t a bad card, just very limited and unlikely to show up in many players’ hands unless they KNOW their opponent is likely to use Men.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:40 am
Thranduil wrote:
Let’s now have some boosts from a cycle:

2 Light In Their Eyes Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man strength +3 (and heal that Man if he or she bears a legendary card).

Hmmm awesomely good, probably balanced.

1 Strong Places Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man strength +2 (and you may exert a Man he or she is skirmishing).

What the relevance of title to gametext?

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:26 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
What the relevance of title to gametext?

Where I got the title from was in a section talking about how the Numenoreans in Middle-earth especially Harad were able to hold out against the evil men because of their ’strong places’. That said, I was thinking about something fortificationy as per DI’s suggestion which would tie it closer.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
both are good GP (PS: lem0n, 7 seconds Laughing)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:31 pm
Now let’s have 2 cards that somewhat support previous Gondor strengths:

2 Wise and Glorious Gondor
Event • Fellowship
Toil 1.
Spot 2 Gondor Men to discard a Shadow card borne by a companion (or 2 Shadow cards borne by companions if both of those Men have resistance 6 or more).

1 Sea-Craft Gondor
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Gondor cards.
Each time a Shadow player plays a minion and you cannot spot another of that player’s minions, you may exert a Gondor Man to make that minion roaming until the regroup phase.
Maneuver: Discard this condition to wound a roaming minion.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:39 pm
Thranduil wrote:
0 Wise and Glorious Gondor
Event • Maneuver
Exert 2 Gondor Men to discard a Shadow card borne by a companion (or 2 Shadow cards borne by companions if both of those Men have resistance 6 or more).

Seems too costly to me. Perhaps make it cost 2, SPOT those Men, and have toil 1 for more flexability.

Thranduil wrote:
1 Sea-Craft Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Shadow player plays a minion and you cannot spot their minion, you may exert a Gondor Man to make that minion roaming until the end of the turn.

I think "that player’s" is clearer than "their", and I’d also throw in an "other" before "minion" for further clarity. I like how this can turn into an auto-wounder, or pair beautifully with other roaming cards. Maybe it’s a tad too powerful, though, so I’d make it last until the regroup phase rather than the end of the turn.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anvar
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:47 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Now let’s have 2 cards that somewhat support previous Gondor strengths:

Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.
Spot 2 Gondor Men to discard a Shadow card borne by a companion (or 2 Shadow cards borne by companions if both of those Men have resistance 6 or more).

Seems good compared to other Gondor condition removal (ie Athelas, Catapult). I would make this a Fellowship event so that it can’t hit shadow cards just played.

Anvar
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:57 pm
Ooo, yeah. I like that idea. Thumbs Up

lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:29 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
(PS: lem0n, 7 seconds Laughing)

Scary.... Speed spamming.

Thranduil wrote:

Event • Fellowship
Toil 1.

Seems ok.

1 Sea-Craft Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Shadow player plays a minion and you cannot spot another of that player’s minions, you may exert a Gondor Man to make that minion roaming until the regroup phase.

Concerned at the power of a 1 cost non unique condition that wounds a roaming minion in the maneuver. As soon as i saw it i disregarded the first bit (which is fine) and thought what awesome wounding. Seems good apart from that niggle which makes it powerful.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:36 am
About returning legendary cards, I looked back on my updated cards on my computer yesterday (updated since I changed the legendary keyword, which is not true of the early posts on this thread) and found that all cultures have a way of getting legendary cards back. However, I think Gondor is the only culture that can take them directly into hand from your dead pile; all others transfer the card first to the discard pile, then you need to use other cards to return it to hand.

Speaking of which, this card represents the exile of the Numenoreans after the destruction of Numenor and how they lost most of their craft but had to build anew in Middle-earth:

2 • Land of Exile Gondor
Condition • Support Area
In order to play a legendary Gondor card, you must first pay its legendary cost.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert a Gondor Man to take a legendary Gondor card into hand from your discard or dead pile.

This is by far the best card of its type that I will ever make. Still too much?

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards